Section 3A 2014 - 2015

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:07 pm

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:
hawkenjonny wrote:Why would they stay in the Open Division?! Anyone in the know out there have some insight here? From what I have seen of the Reebok and Elite leagues the Luverne programs at several levels are all about getting some recognition out there in scoutland? Why back away from potentially tougher competition when it is available? Maybe there is a reason we out of towners don't know. Anyone? Herb?
Luverne this Luverne that... Honestly can they build a bigger target on their back.... Sad they stayed in the Open Division I honestly think even in the Open they will encounter all they want.

Hutch and New Ulm are still my two picks.

New Ulm is Bringing almost EVERYONE back and Hutch with Cowger and the Junior Class should be very strong.

Willmar, LDC and Marshall will all be right there.

Should be a fun Section to watch

He's BAAAACK!!!!

Image

Whiner33
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Whiner33 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:33 pm

notTONIGHT wrote:
Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:
hawkenjonny wrote:Why would they stay in the Open Division?! Anyone in the know out there have some insight here? From what I have seen of the Reebok and Elite leagues the Luverne programs at several levels are all about getting some recognition out there in scoutland? Why back away from potentially tougher competition when it is available? Maybe there is a reason we out of towners don't know. Anyone? Herb?
Luverne this Luverne that... Honestly can they build a bigger target on their back.... Sad they stayed in the Open Division I honestly think even in the Open they will encounter all they want.

Hutch and New Ulm are still my two picks.

New Ulm is Bringing almost EVERYONE back and Hutch with Cowger and the Junior Class should be very strong.

Willmar, LDC and Marshall will all be right there.

Should be a fun Section to watch

He's BAAAACK!!!!

Image
So according to this Trout trap the cards are sixth in this high flying section?

BP
Posts: 948
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

Post by BP » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:10 pm

notTONIGHT wrote:
Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:
hawkenjonny wrote:Why would they stay in the Open Division?! Anyone in the know out there have some insight here? From what I have seen of the Reebok and Elite leagues the Luverne programs at several levels are all about getting some recognition out there in scoutland? Why back away from potentially tougher competition when it is available? Maybe there is a reason we out of towners don't know. Anyone? Herb?
Luverne this Luverne that... Honestly can they build a bigger target on their back.... Sad they stayed in the Open Division I honestly think even in the Open they will encounter all they want.

Hutch and New Ulm are still my two picks.

New Ulm is Bringing almost EVERYONE back and Hutch with Cowger and the Junior Class should be very strong.

Willmar, LDC and Marshall will all be right there.

Should be a fun Section to watch

He's BAAAACK!!!!




notTonight, do you know why they wouldn't move up to the Bronze? I'm not bashing at all, just saying it wouldn't change any travel, logistics, etc and would get Chaz, Toby, Jaxon, etc some better competition....and more importantly, the rest of the team. You guys are doing some nice things down there, that would've been an easy thing to do. Is there not much depth after those 3? Again, it would only help those 3 to see where you are at and make you battle tested for state, especially when the two conferences combined this year, adding more blow out games where neither team in those games get better. I kind of feel like a lost opportunity, but not close to the situation, so I don't know. Any insite would be great.

Whiner33
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Whiner33 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:36 pm

BP wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:
hawkenjonny wrote:Why would they stay in the Open Division?! Anyone in the know out there have some insight here? From what I have seen of the Reebok and Elite leagues the Luverne programs at several levels are all about getting some recognition out there in scoutland? Why back away from potentially tougher competition when it is available? Maybe there is a reason we out of towners don't know. Anyone? Herb?
Luverne this Luverne that... Honestly can they build a bigger target on their back.... Sad they stayed in the Open Division I honestly think even in the Open they will encounter all they want.

Hutch and New Ulm are still my two picks.

New Ulm is Bringing almost EVERYONE back and Hutch with Cowger and the Junior Class should be very strong.

Willmar, LDC and Marshall will all be right there.

Should be a fun Section to watch

He's BAAAACK!!!!




notTonight, do you know why they wouldn't move up to the Bronze? I'm not bashing at all, just saying it wouldn't change any travel, logistics, etc and would get Chaz, Toby, Jaxon, etc some better competition....and more importantly, the rest of the team. You guys are doing some nice things down there, that would've been an easy thing to do. Is there not much depth after those 3? Again, it would only help those 3 to see where you are at and make you battle tested for state, especially when the two conferences combined this year, adding more blow out games where neither team in those games get better. I kind of feel like a lost opportunity, but not close to the situation, so I don't know. Any insite would be great.
Think trout and baby trout think that they don't have enough to play up in the bronze division... So they want to play Marshall on a neutral sight four hours away rather than stepping up against some better competition in the bronze.


Truly make no sense!

Section 3A HockeyScout
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:07 am

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:36 am

I think Whiner33 hit the nail on the head.

Luverne lacks vision and direction at the top or ... BENCH. I wont go say who the person is to blame for the Open Division blunder.... But we all know why this program will never keep progressing.

Still not sure why they cant draw a better hockey mind there to give the program the last piece it needs. A good leader at the Helm...

Too bad the Big Three deserve better. If you had a capable mind and leader at the top I think Luverne would flourish instead you get opting to the Open Division again and you really think young Phenom Nelson will stay?? Not CHANCE!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Feel sorry Luverne's program....... At times the lack of dedication and direction at the top kills what a lot of really involved parents have worked hard to create down there.

At least Whiner33 knows the source to blame...

First reasonable Luverne Fan on the Board!!!

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:27 pm

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:I think Whiner33 hit the nail on the head.

Luverne lacks vision and direction at the top or ... BENCH. I wont go say who the person is to blame for the Open Division blunder.... But we all know why this program will never keep progressing.

Still not sure why they cant draw a better hockey mind there to give the program the last piece it needs. A good leader at the Helm...

Too bad the Big Three deserve better. If you had a capable mind and leader at the top I think Luverne would flourish instead you get opting to the Open Division again and you really think young Phenom Nelson will stay?? Not CHANCE!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Feel sorry Luverne's program....... At times the lack of dedication and direction at the top kills what a lot of really involved parents have worked hard to create down there.

At least Whiner33 knows the source to blame...

First reasonable Luverne Fan on the Board!!!

I ask this in jest knowing you wont actually respond because you have a reputation as an internet coward, but i'd be very interested in hearing a description of a program in 3A that is currently flourishing. Please include your comparision's to the Luverne program proving your point. Thanks buddy!

MrGoalieBoy
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Post by MrGoalieBoy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:33 pm

I agree that Hutch, New Ulm, will be at the top. But Luverne has to be a heavy favorite. Marshall not be even in the mix at all IMO.

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:49 pm

notTONIGHT wrote:
Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:I think Whiner33 hit the nail on the head.

Luverne lacks vision and direction at the top or ... BENCH. I wont go say who the person is to blame for the Open Division blunder.... But we all know why this program will never keep progressing.

Still not sure why they cant draw a better hockey mind there to give the program the last piece it needs. A good leader at the Helm...

Too bad the Big Three deserve better. If you had a capable mind and leader at the top I think Luverne would flourish instead you get opting to the Open Division again and you really think young Phenom Nelson will stay?? Not CHANCE!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Feel sorry Luverne's program....... At times the lack of dedication and direction at the top kills what a lot of really involved parents have worked hard to create down there.

At least Whiner33 knows the source to blame...

First reasonable Luverne Fan on the Board!!!

I ask this in jest knowing you wont actually respond because you have a reputation as an internet coward, but i'd be very interested in hearing a description of a program in 3A that is currently flourishing. Please include your comparision's to the Luverne program proving your point. Thanks buddy!
Almost a fully week and internet tough guy is crickets. Cmon trout let me hear it./

DrGaf
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Post by DrGaf » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:08 pm

notTONIGHT wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:I think Whiner33 hit the nail on the head.

Luverne lacks vision and direction at the top or ... BENCH. I wont go say who the person is to blame for the Open Division blunder.... But we all know why this program will never keep progressing.

Still not sure why they cant draw a better hockey mind there to give the program the last piece it needs. A good leader at the Helm...

Too bad the Big Three deserve better. If you had a capable mind and leader at the top I think Luverne would flourish instead you get opting to the Open Division again and you really think young Phenom Nelson will stay?? Not CHANCE!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Feel sorry Luverne's program....... At times the lack of dedication and direction at the top kills what a lot of really involved parents have worked hard to create down there.

At least Whiner33 knows the source to blame...

First reasonable Luverne Fan on the Board!!!

I ask this in jest knowing you wont actually respond because you have a reputation as an internet coward, but i'd be very interested in hearing a description of a program in 3A that is currently flourishing. Please include your comparision's to the Luverne program proving your point. Thanks buddy!
Almost a fully week and internet tough guy is crickets. Cmon trout let me hear it./
You sure talk a lot.

Curious as to what you have to back up your thoughts as to why everyone should laud your jonny-come-lately program with accolades and praise after one anti-climatic state tourney run.

**this comment is not meant to disparage the hard-working members of the Luverne hockey community. It is meant to disparage the rubes that think they've arrived when most of the state would rather wait another ten years before nominating an association most NEVER EVEN HEARD OF less than 3 years ago as Roseau South ... which last I checked ... played AA.

PPS ... jus' sayin'
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.

Section 3A HockeyScout
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:07 am

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:42 am

DrGaf wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:I think Whiner33 hit the nail on the head.

Luverne lacks vision and direction at the top or ... BENCH. I wont go say who the person is to blame for the Open Division blunder.... But we all know why this program will never keep progressing.

Still not sure why they cant draw a better hockey mind there to give the program the last piece it needs. A good leader at the Helm...

Too bad the Big Three deserve better. If you had a capable mind and leader at the top I think Luverne would flourish instead you get opting to the Open Division again and you really think young Phenom Nelson will stay?? Not CHANCE!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Feel sorry Luverne's program....... At times the lack of dedication and direction at the top kills what a lot of really involved parents have worked hard to create down there.

At least Whiner33 knows the source to blame...

First reasonable Luverne Fan on the Board!!!

I ask this in jest knowing you wont actually respond because you have a reputation as an internet coward, but i'd be very interested in hearing a description of a program in 3A that is currently flourishing. Please include your comparision's to the Luverne program proving your point. Thanks buddy!
Almost a fully week and internet tough guy is crickets. Cmon trout let me hear it./
You sure talk a lot.

Curious as to what you have to back up your thoughts as to why everyone should laud your jonny-come-lately program with accolades and praise after one anti-climatic state tourney run.

**this comment is not meant to disparage the hard-working members of the Luverne hockey community. It is meant to disparage the rubes that think they've arrived when most of the state would rather wait another ten years before nominating an association most NEVER EVEN HEARD OF less than 3 years ago as Roseau South ... which last I checked ... played AA.

PPS ... jus' sayin'
Great POST!!

Luverne had One Nice Season...

All I was saying is I agree with Luverne's Whiner33 and his bashing of the bench boss.

No one is 3A is flourishing don't have the resources our guys at the top to have that happen. The best coach in the Section retired after last season.

Then fact that Luverne even tries to mention themselves in the same breath as Roseau ... COME ON MAN!!!!

hawkenjonny
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by hawkenjonny » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:20 am

HAHAHAHA! Wow, if you were trolling Herb, you got a few bites! While I am not sure why people are questioning the leadership that has helped build the program in Luverne, (wasn't he coach of the year last season?), I totally agree that the comparison to the storied small town programs in our state is arrogant, and absolutely unfounded as of yet. One season a dynasty does not make. Looking forward to seeing what 3A brings this year. Still waiting for a response from someone in the know down there about the holiday tournament?

Whiner33
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Whiner33 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:26 am

hawkenjonny wrote:HAHAHAHA! Wow, if you were trolling Herb, you got a few bites! While I am not sure why people are questioning the leadership that has helped build the program in Luverne, (wasn't he coach of the year last season?), I totally agree that the comparison to the storied small town programs in our state is arrogant, and absolutely unfounded as of yet. One season a dynasty does not make. Looking forward to seeing what 3A brings this year. Still waiting for a response from someone in the know down there about the holiday tournament?
Common Herb! They gotta be Worthington West first! What are you thinking throwing out those arrogant thoughts on this Pin wheel boat?

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:58 pm

DrGaf wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:I think Whiner33 hit the nail on the head.

Luverne lacks vision and direction at the top or ... BENCH. I wont go say who the person is to blame for the Open Division blunder.... But we all know why this program will never keep progressing.

Still not sure why they cant draw a better hockey mind there to give the program the last piece it needs. A good leader at the Helm...

Too bad the Big Three deserve better. If you had a capable mind and leader at the top I think Luverne would flourish instead you get opting to the Open Division again and you really think young Phenom Nelson will stay?? Not CHANCE!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Feel sorry Luverne's program....... At times the lack of dedication and direction at the top kills what a lot of really involved parents have worked hard to create down there.

At least Whiner33 knows the source to blame...

First reasonable Luverne Fan on the Board!!!

I ask this in jest knowing you wont actually respond because you have a reputation as an internet coward, but i'd be very interested in hearing a description of a program in 3A that is currently flourishing. Please include your comparision's to the Luverne program proving your point. Thanks buddy!
Almost a fully week and internet tough guy is crickets. Cmon trout let me hear it./
You sure talk a lot.

Curious as to what you have to back up your thoughts as to why everyone should laud your jonny-come-lately program with accolades and praise after one anti-climatic state tourney run.

**this comment is not meant to disparage the hard-working members of the Luverne hockey community. It is meant to disparage the rubes that think they've arrived when most of the state would rather wait another ten years before nominating an association most NEVER EVEN HEARD OF less than 3 years ago as Roseau South ... which last I checked ... played AA.

PPS ... jus' sayin'
You spelled Type wrong.

P.S. Just saying

DrGaf
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Post by DrGaf » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:26 pm

notTONIGHT wrote:
DrGaf wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:I think Whiner33 hit the nail on the head.

Luverne lacks vision and direction at the top or ... BENCH. I wont go say who the person is to blame for the Open Division blunder.... But we all know why this program will never keep progressing.

Still not sure why they cant draw a better hockey mind there to give the program the last piece it needs. A good leader at the Helm...

Too bad the Big Three deserve better. If you had a capable mind and leader at the top I think Luverne would flourish instead you get opting to the Open Division again and you really think young Phenom Nelson will stay?? Not CHANCE!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Feel sorry Luverne's program....... At times the lack of dedication and direction at the top kills what a lot of really involved parents have worked hard to create down there.

At least Whiner33 knows the source to blame...

First reasonable Luverne Fan on the Board!!!

I ask this in jest knowing you wont actually respond because you have a reputation as an internet coward, but i'd be very interested in hearing a description of a program in 3A that is currently flourishing. Please include your comparision's to the Luverne program proving your point. Thanks buddy!
Almost a fully week and internet tough guy is crickets. Cmon trout let me hear it./
You sure talk a lot.

Curious as to what you have to back up your thoughts as to why everyone should laud your jonny-come-lately program with accolades and praise after one anti-climatic state tourney run.

**this comment is not meant to disparage the hard-working members of the Luverne hockey community. It is meant to disparage the rubes that think they've arrived when most of the state would rather wait another ten years before nominating an association most NEVER EVEN HEARD OF less than 3 years ago as Roseau South ... which last I checked ... played AA.

PPS ... jus' sayin'
You spelled Type wrong.

P.S. Just saying
You spelled read(ing) wrong. :roll:

P.P.P.S. No offense, in my humble opinion, for what it's worth, etc ... etc ...
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:54 pm

No offense taken doc.

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:48 pm

I'm probably way late to the party, but I never did see the press conference video from the Hockey Day announcement. The "non flourishing" Luverne Cardinals will be representing Section 3A in this premier hockey event.

Check out the video at the link below.

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=72 ... |HockeyDay

Whiner33
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Whiner33 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:05 pm

notTONIGHT wrote:I'm probably way late to the party, but I never did see the press conference video from the Hockey Day announcement. The "non flourishing" Luverne Cardinals will be representing Section 3A in this premier hockey event.

Check out the video at the link below.

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=72 ... |HockeyDay
Herb, don't you know their not playing anyone... They have only been around for 100 years.. The little Card show has only been around since the middle 70's...

Don't you know by now Worthington west or is it Minnesota west? They won't play anybody again this year... Yada yada yada.

Fresh out, manure in skates....

Cardinal Corner coming soon....

InigoMontoya
Posts: 1716
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by InigoMontoya » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:14 am

Do you guys pre-season scrimmage each other down there?

Whiner33
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Whiner33 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:39 am

InigoMontoya wrote:Do you guys pre-season scrimmage each other down there?
Yah we see which one of us can take the small tree branch longer...

Enjoy your two hour commute today pumpkin 👳

InigoMontoya
Posts: 1716
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by InigoMontoya » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:51 am

A little weird. Fun..., but weird.

I really was just wondering if a few of the teams you guys have been talking about will skate against each other before the season starts.

BP
Posts: 948
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

Post by BP » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:51 am

notTonight, any intel on the holiday tournament?

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:41 am

Luverne won't be returning to the Schwan's cup after this winter according to my sources. Scheduling 3 individual games will be more beneficial due to the suffocating conference schedule against very non quality opponents. As for not moving into the bronze division this year, I have no answer.

Being able to Schedule Totino-Grace this year was an incredible challenge, even getting the Hockey day event on the schedule was difficult.

This will add flexibility to the schedule in the future that Luverne desires.

Contrary to the popular opinion, Luverne is seeking to increase the quality of opponents in the future.

BP
Posts: 948
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

Post by BP » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:40 pm

notTONIGHT wrote:Luverne won't be returning to the Schwan's cup after this winter according to my sources. Scheduling 3 individual games will be more beneficial due to the suffocating conference schedule against very non quality opponents. As for not moving into the bronze division this year, I have no answer.

Being able to Schedule Totino-Grace this year was an incredible challenge, even getting the Hockey day event on the schedule was difficult.

This will add flexibility to the schedule in the future that Luverne desires.

Contrary to the popular opinion, Luverne is seeking to increase the quality of opponents in the future.

If they played in the Bronze next year, they would get 3 quality opponents and would be easy to schedule. But can appreciate the desire to up the schedule. If they did want to increase the quality, playing in the bronze would've been a very easy to do that and with 2 Elite League guys and Nelson, seemed like a no brainer. So, curious if they really do want to upgrade the schedule and be ready for state or another trophy in the case at Blue Mound.

Section 3A HockeyScout
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:07 am

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:06 pm

BP,

Luverne lacked the vision and foresight from their Bench Boss.

As you said with the Big Three they would have fared very well in the Bronze..... Instead they play in the OPEN... I wouldn't say they repeat for sure in that division.

Whiner33, as like many others in Luverne, know who made the awful choice...

Luverne has potential to take off if they had the right person at the top BUT they do not as of right now.

Terrible decision on his part and again really hurts what could be an upcoming program had they had any direction at the top.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Note
Hutch and Marshall are both having great football season's

Waseca and Luverne look to be very good as well.

Wish all the fall sport athletes best of luck as they enter playoffs!

Hockey Season is around the corner!!

Whiner33
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Whiner33 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:42 pm

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:BP,

Luverne lacked the vision and foresight from their Bench Boss.

As you said with the Big Three they would have fared very well in the Bronze..... Instead they play in the OPEN... I wouldn't say they repeat for sure in that division.

Whiner33, as like many others in Luverne, know who made the awful choice...

Luverne has potential to take off if they had the right person at the top BUT they do not as of right now.

Terrible decision on his part and again really hurts what could be an upcoming program had they had any direction at the top.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Note
Hutch and Marshall are both having great football season's

Waseca and Luverne look to be very good as well.

Wish all the fall sport athletes best of luck as they enter playoffs!

Hockey Season is around the corner!!
TROUT,

Ps... Get rid of the OBAMA stocking hat for the 2014-15 season before we all choke on our vomit!

Post Reply