Hunter Warner at Wild training camp

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

green4

Hunter Warner at Wild training camp

Post by green4 »

I looked at the Wild's training camp roster and saw a nice surprise that former EP defender Hunter Warner was on the list. He is an Invitee since he has not been drafted.
I know you see a lot of Invitees from players that were not drafted at the prospect camp but it seems like a big deal to get invited to training camp since there was only about 6-7 guys invited that were not in the Wild system and he was the only one of those 6-7 not yet in the NCAA or Canadian Juniors.
So, Im not really sure what this means for him as a player, but I'm sure someone might?
Regardless what it means I also just thought it was cool.
imlisteningtothefnsong

Hunter Warner

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong »

Well that's great for Hunter!! He is however playing for the Prince Albert Raiders of the WHL.
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

Signed 3 yr entry level deal with the Wild yesterday
Character is who you are when no one is watching
imlisteningtothefnsong

Hunter Warner

Wow!! That is great news for a great kid!!

Here is a list of some kids and a few from MN who are getting some NHL attention. Nick Heid would be a senior and I believe Bittner may be a senior, or 1 year out of highschool.

http://www.whl.ca/article/nhl-central-s ... s-to-watch
GoBigorGoHome

Post by GoBigorGoHome »

Is Warner much of a player? I see Russo of the StarTribune felt the need to highlight his 127 minutes of penalties in 50 games. Seems like a lot.
imlisteningtothefnsong

I have not seen him play in a couple of years. They have him playing D in P.A. he will get lots of games to get polished up. He is a good skater sitting a top a big frame and is physical. He is in the right place if he is going to be playing at the X in a few years!! Good for you Hunter!!!
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

I see Jesse Gabrielle is listed as a "B" prospect, guess he is doing alright up there. Miss him playing for my Cats, always a wildcard, lol.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB