Grand Rapids

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

boblee

Grand Rapids vs. Forest Lake preview

Post by boblee »

Here is the GRHS Hockey Online game preview for tomorrow night's Grand Rapids @ Forest Lake game.

http://grhshockey.com/teams/default.asp ... wsID=33948

We've got Grand Rapids winning 6-2 as our prediction.

#GRThunderhawky
boblee

Post by boblee »

Grand Rapids wins 6-3 over Forest Lake. Check out the game recap and the Woodland Bank 3 Stars of the Game:

http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/de ... wsID=33952
boblee

Post by boblee »

Grand Rapids opens the 2014-2015 home season Tuesday against Virginia/Mt. Iron-Buhl

http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/de ... wsID=33967
grandindian

other forward lines/thoughts?

Post by grandindian »

I have not had a chance to see any games this year and was wondering on the depth of talent on the second and third lines. I am aware that the BAM line is potent but was curious what the rest of the forwards look like to date. Thoughts anyone?
boblee

Re: other forward lines/thoughts?

Post by boblee »

grandindian wrote:I have not had a chance to see any games this year and was wondering on the depth of talent on the second and third lines. I am aware that the BAM line is potent but was curious what the rest of the forwards look like to date. Thoughts anyone?
The depth is respectable. Brendan Mark, Jason Koehn & Gunnar Harris all have strong upside. Eric Soderberg scored some big goals last season and is back. Connor Stefan has a point in each game this season as well. Micah Miller is a well respected rookie, but hasn't fashioned a point yet this season.

The blue line has some players that'll produce offensively as well in Jack Dunnell, Daulton Anderson, and John Stampohar.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
boblee

Post by boblee »

Grand Rapids crushed Virginia/MIB 10-2 in tonight's home opener. Check out the game recap:

http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/de ... wsID=34004
hawkenjonny

Re: other forward lines/thoughts?

Post by hawkenjonny »

grandindian wrote:I have not had a chance to see any games this year and was wondering on the depth of talent on the second and third lines. I am aware that the BAM line is potent but was curious what the rest of the forwards look like to date. Thoughts anyone?
I agree that the depth is pretty solid on all three lines. With other teams focused on the BAM line, I think the Thawks could take advantage of some mismatches with lines 2 and 3 as well as their potential for D scoring.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Someone posted some awesome videos of Grand Rapids playoff games from 1991, 2006, and 2007. Here is the 1991 State Quarterfinal vs. Bloomington Kennedy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTO7VRKIfuY
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

boblee

Post by boblee »

Check out our weekend preview of Grand Rapids hosting Roseau & Warroad. Always a fun weekend!

http://grhshockey.com/teams/default.asp ... wsID=34021

PS: William Woolever is the best opponent name so far this year. Goalie for Roseau.
greenway1969

Post by greenway1969 »

Have a VHS tape of the entire '91 game, Kennedy vs Rapids.
boblee

Post by boblee »

What a whoopin' tonight at the IRA Civic Center. Grand Rapids CRUSHED Roseau 8-1.

http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/de ... wsID=34037
greenway1969

Post by greenway1969 »

Scores have sure been impressive. Can't wait to see them play Lakeville North.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

greenway1969 wrote:Scores have sure been impressive. Can't wait to see them play Lakeville North.
I'd like to see what happens against Warroad.
25 sheet power

Post by 25 sheet power »

Warroad wins it 3-2
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Where are the reports from Grand Rapids on the game? The silence you hear...
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Didn't come out with the same intensity as the Roseau game. Warroad is a solid club and their goalie was on. Rapids also took some poorly timed penalties. I'm not alarmed by one loss against a team that should never have been allowed to be Class A in their history. The next two weeks will be a good measuring stick. Even with this loss, I still see Rapids as a top 3 seed and Duluth East is really struggling and Elk River seems to be having goaltending issues. Andover and STMA appear to be solid so far. Andover's tie vs. East yesterday was an interesting result. Their girl goalie stopped 40 of 42 shots.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Here is Mr. Libbey's game video vs. Warroad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eL_lZ4 ... 6q29wxinRQ
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

Rapids played well in the first period with high intensity. Out shot Warroad 12-2 and the score was tied 1-1. After that you could tell Rapids was off their game, passing was not as accurate and weren't getting to pucks first. Warroad did a nice job defensively and clogged things up for GR. Gerth was alright in net for GR but he needs to control his rebounds and hang onto the puck.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Great post by Elliott with maybe some missing what I think was intended humor. Grand Rapids might be the Luverne of the north based on the early season hype and inability to deliver. Its a long season so relax.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Nuts&Bolts wrote:Great post by Elliott with maybe some missing what I think was intended humor. Grand Rapids might be the Luverne of the north based on the early season hype and inability to deliver. Its a long season so relax.

:wink:
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

Nuts&Bolts wrote:Great post by Elliott with maybe some missing what I think was intended humor. Grand Rapids might be the Luverne of the north based on the early season hype and inability to deliver. Its a long season so relax.
Grand Rapids lost the best player and best goalie in the state to graduation. Not sure what the early season hype is you're talking about. Yes the BAM line was supposed to be solid but they are doing better than expected. Goalie and defense are still question marks. Inability to deliver? For the first time in 5 games they didn't score at least 6 goals. Obviously they have been delivering with that kind of scoring ability.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

elliott70 wrote:

:wink:
I would like to see more posts on Grand Rapids topics if possible, could we step it up a little please? :wink:
greenway1969

Post by greenway1969 »

Warroad is an excellent team and will give EGF all it can handle. Solid goal- tending and they play very well in their own end. They have good size too. Rapids does move the puck better out of its own end than last year. Not so sure that Rapids was off its game, I think it was just as much that Warroad is a good team that didn't allow Rapids to control the puck like they did against lesser teams. Rapids next two games (Marshall and Lakeville North) with tell if Rapids was off its game or a team that can win against good teams.