Edina at Lakeville North 12/4/14

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Edina
69%
Lakeville North
31%

Total votes: 42

green4

Post by green4 »

karl(east) wrote:
green4 wrote: Is there an online radio stream?
http://player.listenlive.co/24771
Thank you, friend!
Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 »

I have pretty fast internet (~30) and the stream can't roll more than a few seconds for me.
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

What is transpiring at Ames Arena tonight is a joke in the poorest of taste.

In an already small arena and advance notice that ticket sales would be capped at 800, the geniuses at Lakeville North went and cordoned off 1/2 of the visitors seating for THEIR band & assorted student hangers-on.

Call it selfish, call it unwelcoming, call it what you will....Lakeville North can go pound sand.
Buy ya a soda after the game!
TheMNhockey1

Post by TheMNhockey1 »

Bonin2121 wrote:I have pretty fast internet (~30) and the stream can't roll more than a few seconds for me.
its on their end..happening to everyone
Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 »

TheMNhockey1 wrote: its on their end..happening to everyone
Just wanted to check. Guess I'll be watching two QBs I hate on TNF.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

and the first panther falls down.

AaaaaaOoooGAH! AaaaaaOoooGAH!
Two minutes for...embellishment (ding!)
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

karl(east) wrote:
green4 wrote: Is there an online radio stream?
http://player.listenlive.co/24771
Thanks, audio only will have to do. Unfortunately the video stream is unwatchable. But so far it's been a great first period by the Panthers.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

You need to post scores and other such info...
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

2-1 North after 2. North with a very strong first period, Edina in control through most of the 2nd.
green4

Post by green4 »

elliott70 wrote:You need to post scores and other such info...
2-1 Lakeville north after 2.

1st period was all North
2nd period was mostly controlled by Edina

Nick Poehling with both goals for North
Malmquist with a shorthanded goal

shots 18-13 in favor of edina.
Shots in the 1st period 11-5 for North
Shots in the 2nd 13-2 for Edina
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

FM105.1 "The Ticket": 2
highschoolcube.com: 1...then 0...then 1...then 0..0..0..0..0..

UPDATE: ding!
Last edited by almostashappy on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

green4 wrote:

1st period was all North

Thank you
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

elliott70 wrote:
green4 wrote:

1st period was all North

Thank you
3-1 final with EN hat trick
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Statement game for North. They definitely answered any questions about their defense, as their big three really controlled the game, setting the tone with the strong first and making big plays down the stretch to keep the Panthers up. With their strength in back, elite top line, and decent depth, they'll be tough to beat.

From the Edina side, I do have to question pairing Wait and Malmquist together on the top line. They had two equally lethal lines in the Turkey Trot, and were a matchup nightmare. Why go away from that? According to the Pete Waggoner, they also only rolled 2 lines in the 3rd period. Some curious choices for a team that has more depth than anyone.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

karl(east) wrote:Statement game for North. They definitely answered any questions about their defense, as their big three really controlled the game, setting the tone with the strong first and making big plays down the stretch to keep the Panthers up. With their strength in back, elite top line, and decent depth, they'll be tough to beat.

From the Edina side, I do have to question pairing Wait and Malmquist together on the top line. They had two equally lethal lines in the Turkey Trot, and were a matchup nightmare. Why go away from that? According to the Pete Waggoner, they also only rolled 2 lines in the 3rd period. Some curious choices for a team that has more depth than anyone.

Cut your advantage out by eliminating your depth? What gives?
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

notTONIGHT wrote:
karl(east) wrote:Statement game for North. They definitely answered any questions about their defense, as their big three really controlled the game, setting the tone with the strong first and making big plays down the stretch to keep the Panthers up. With their strength in back, elite top line, and decent depth, they'll be tough to beat.

Cut your advantage out by eliminating your depth? What gives?
On big ice, to boot.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Edinas 3rd line struggled early and eigner primarily went with 2 lines from late in 2nd on. I think Giles should have continue to roll 3 but with LN having last switch didn't wanna get them caught with Poehlings. Poehlings are unreal on PP. That was diff tonight. Edina let Poehlings score 3. That's the game.
Defensive Zone

Post by Defensive Zone »

Ogie wrote:What is transpiring at Ames Arena tonight is a joke in the poorest of taste.

In an already small arena and advance notice that ticket sales would be capped at 800, the geniuses at Lakeville North went and cordoned off 1/2 of the visitors seating for THEIR band & assorted student hangers-on.

Call it selfish, call it unwelcoming, call it what you will....Lakeville North can go pound sand.
I agree. Not a very good venue to watch a high school game (parking, seating, sight lines, crowd control, etc.)
nahc

Post by nahc »

North played a whale of a game. The whole team played well. When Edina fell behind, seemed they pressed a bit. The shortie was a great goal that I thought would ignight the Hornets but North stayed on top of their game. Still very early in the season but a huge win in front of a very loud crowd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

"no, but there's a real FM broadcast on 105.1"

Future reference, get iHeart Radio app, find The Ticket 105, listen on Phone or computer...

From the broadcast, it sounds like The Ticket will try to carry a Thursday night matchup every week...
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

DmanDad1980 wrote:"no, but there's a real FM broadcast on 105.1"

Future reference, get iHeart Radio app, find The Ticket 105, listen on Phone or computer...

From the broadcast, it sounds like The Ticket will try to carry a Thursday night matchup every week...
I am doing other things, not focused on one game...
The MO of this site has been, post updates with comments and final scores.

If you are posting about a game not much trouble to say LN up 3-1 over Edina middle of the third - or a shorter version.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

DmanDad1980 wrote:"no, but there's a real FM broadcast on 105.1"

True enough, but if you are within antenna range, I'd suggest going old-school and firing up the radio. The iHeart relay comes with some "bonus" on-line advertising interruptions that aren't timed with the game breaks.
Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar »

Good win for North. Everyone on here has said all summer

1. Edina
1a. LVN

so a hard fought close game is what should have been expected. The question is whether or not they both punch a ticket to the dance or is an upset going to happen in sections. Either way both teams will rack up a hord of wins and point the next 2 months
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

Defensive Zone wrote:
Ogie wrote:What is transpiring at Ames Arena tonight is a joke in the poorest of taste.

I agree. Not a very good venue to watch a high school game (parking, seating, sight lines, crowd control, etc.)
Ames is actually pretty typical when it comes to 20-year old sheets built out in the burbs by city governments more interested in low bids than good sight lines. Parking is definitely on the left side of the bell curve, but that was probably a trade-off made to get a site that close to the high school.

Lakeville's newer arena (Hasse, home of Lakeville South) offers a better fan experience pretty much across the board. Of course, they haven't had to worry about crowd control there as much as LN has.

As for roping off seats...did the band at least stay for the entire game?
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

almostashappy wrote:
As for roping off seats...did the band at least stay for the entire game?
Irrelevant, IMO.

The school knew there was going to be a big turnout of paying customers, yet blocks off 1/4 of the total seating, on the visitors side no less, for themselves.

Now, even though I'm a big fan of school spirit and am on record stating that showing up to the state tournament without a band is pretty apathetic, I would expect that people expending the effort to drive and park at the venue, then pull money out of their pockets to support your program would be treated a little better.

Sadly, this does not appear to be the case with Lakeville North.....I'll not darken the door at Ames again.
Buy ya a soda after the game!