Saint Thomas vs Hill Murray.

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

grandmeadowhockeyfan

Saint Thomas vs Hill Murray.

Post by grandmeadowhockeyfan »

Very excited about matchup. Any thoughts on game?
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Go Hill!
Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar »

STA 7
Hill 2

STA is running the table this year going to only lose once this year and it's undefeated 1 loss vs undefeated in the state finals at the X...
Last edited by Tenoverpar on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
elliott70

Re: f

Post by elliott70 »

Tenoverpar wrote:STA 7
Hill 2

STA is running the table this year and it's undefeated vs undefeated in the state finals at the X...
Sorry, but no.

Its Edina and Bemidji in the finals....

STA loses to LN for 4th place.
Tenoverpar

E

Post by Tenoverpar »

Elliot...I know it's -76 up Nort', please don't post until your brain has warmed up...Edina..lol...

(sarcasm)(its called sarcasm)
elliott70

Re: E

Post by elliott70 »

Tenoverpar wrote:Elliot...I know it's -76 up Nort', please don't post until your brain has warmed up...Edina..lol...

(sarcasm)(its called sarcasm)

I wish I had a hat for my ass so my brains would thaw out........
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

STA 4-3
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

STAA 3
HM 2
gitter

Post by gitter »

Anyone know who the "home" team is and will have last change? I'm assuming it's Hill....
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

gitter wrote:Anyone know who the "home" team is and will have last change? I'm assuming it's Hill....
The Home team is STA. They will have last change, and will win by 3 goals.
bauerman

Post by bauerman »

should be a good game i pick STA by 2 with an empty netter, outdoor games can be an equalizer but is supposed to be a good day, but you never know about ice conditions ect
Bayside Tigers

Re: f

Post by Bayside Tigers »

Tenoverpar wrote:STA is running the table this year and it's undefeated vs undefeated in the state finals at the X...
Didn't St Thomas used to play in the girls playoff tournament up until about a year or two ago?
Bluelightspecial

Post by Bluelightspecial »

What a dumb comment! STA by 3.
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

The game VS BSM tonight will be close. STA pounded them in a scrimmage. Dominated the game thru 2 periods then lost the third period 3-1 only 1 week ago. I guess it is not quite like needing to beat a team for a third time but nearly. Would not be surprised with a loss.

Come Saturday, win or lose tonight I think team speed will be the difference. STA has the edge over HM there front and Back. Not unlike Edina has. There will be TV timeouts, and you will see a ton of the top two lines and D pairs. STA may not be 3 lines as deep as Edina but the first two are close.

STA is more susceptible to loss I think than Edina and LVN, (see the Sticklers earlier comments about objective trash in back. The numbers are above .900 solid and any given day they can put a lot of points but predicting wins and losses is more difficult.

STA 5 - HM 2
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

STAA takes its first L this season to BSM 4-3 at home.

They'll have a bounceback game at North St. Paul on Thursday before the matchup with the Pioneers.

Have to hold serve to have a chance for a conference title with HM but losing their home meeting to the outdoors might be bad news for the Cadets and neutralize their biggest advantage (team speed).
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

Awesome game. Action in both directions, all game long. Very defensive battle up through the middle of the 3rd when it was 2-1 Knights, but suddenly it was 3-3. Only to have Benilde score the game winner seconds later. #1 on the Knights was outstanding in goal. The Tomboys' goalie had a few breakaway saves as well. Shots were roughly 24-24 & this game could've gone either way. Maybe best game I've seen all year.

For hockey day's sake, I hope the Pioneers can provide as much entertainment.

p.s. What is the St Thomas team name anyways? Tommys? Is it something Indian related? The students were doing the Atlanta Braves Indian call the whole time. Or doesn't a college football team in Florida do that, too? Maybe it was related to that tournament that just happened.
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

Bayside Tigers wrote:Awesome game. Action in both directions, all game long. Very defensive battle up through the middle of the 3rd when it was 2-1 Knights, but suddenly it was 3-3. Only to have Benilde score the game winner seconds later. #1 on the Knights was outstanding in goal. The Tomboys' goalie had a few breakaway saves as well. Shots were roughly 24-24 & this game could've gone either way. Maybe best game I've seen all year.

p.s. What is the St Thomas team name anyways? Tommys? Is it something Indian related? The students were doing the Atlanta Braves Indian call the whole time. Or doesn't a college football team in Florida do that, too? Maybe it was related to that tournament that just happened.
St. Thomas Academy are the Cadets.
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

Bayside Tigers wrote:Awesome game. Action in both directions, all game long. Very defensive battle up through the middle of the 3rd when it was 2-1 Knights, but suddenly it was 3-3. Only to have Benilde score the game winner seconds later. #1 on the Knights was outstanding in goal. The Tomboys' goalie had a few breakaway saves as well. Shots were roughly 24-24 & this game could've gone either way. Maybe best game I've seen all year.

St. Thomas Academy are the Cadets.
Tenoverpar

Post by Tenoverpar »

STA 7 3
Hill 2

STA is running the table this year going to only lose once this year and it's undefeated 1 loss vs undefeated in the state finals at the X...

Last edited by Tenoverpar on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Tenoverpar wrote:STA 7 3
Hill 2

CYA
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

Tenoverpar wrote:STA 7 3
Hill 2

Yea but if STAA ran the table they wouldn't be assured a 2/3 seed to set up a semifinal matchup with Edina.
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Sorry Elliott70, but Bemidji doesn't have the depth to compete with the likes of LN, Edina and STA nor have they play any strong AA teams to challenge them so far. I see this as a 3 team race for the Championship. I have watch all the teams this yr and have watch a lot of the Bemidji kids over the years. Great kids and very good talent but nothing like the likes of the 3 powerhouses. I do think Bemidji will get to State but unfortunately they will have to play one of these teams to get to the Semi's and do not see this happening. However, would love to see this!!

Important game this weekend between Hill and STA, who is coming off their 1st loss. Could determine future seedings.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Conrad wrote:Sorry Elliott70, but Bemidji doesn't have the depth to compete with the likes of LN, Edina and STA nor have they play any strong AA teams to challenge them so far. I see this as a 3 team race for the Championship. I have watch all the teams this yr and have watch a lot of the Bemidji kids over the years. Great kids and very good talent but nothing like the likes of the 3 powerhouses. I do think Bemidji will get to State but unfortunately they will have to play one of these teams to get to the Semi's and do not see this happening. However, would love to see this!!

Important game this weekend between Hill and STA, who is coming off their 1st loss. Could determine future seedings.
Well, Bemidji does have depth this year. Enough over all skill, perhaps not. But its not best of 7. With Bemdiji's speed, (assuming they get out of sections) they are not a team to be taken lightly. And did I misread or did I see a post that LN only has 3 lines and use 1 and 2 predominantly.

Depth is not the problem for Bemidji.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Coin flip, and Lechner gets the edge. He is worth a couple goals in big games.
bemused

Post by bemused »

WestMetro wrote:Coin flip, and Lechner gets the edge. He is worth a couple goals in big games.
Heard the pioneers will be down a few players due to disciplinary reasons?