Hermantown @ Bemidji Saturday

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who you got and why?

Hermantown (#1 in Class A)
75%
Bemidji (#9 in Class AA)
25%
Tie
No votes

Total votes: 20

12thgraders

Hermantown @ Bemidji Saturday

Post by 12thgraders » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:43 pm

Hockey Day Minnesota off the grid matchup! Would much rather see this one than Luverne/St Paul.

Hermantown has a 10 game winning streak going into the Friday game vs Duluth Marshall so possibly 11 game streak when they get off the bus in Bemidji. The Hawks are flying high!

Bemidji just had their 14 game winning streak broken by EGF on Thursday evening. The Lumberjacks axe is a little dull with some injuries but the team still is playing great.

Bemidji is the class of 8AA and I hope to be watching them at the X in March but I see their losing streak hitting 2 in this one, I gotta take Hermantown.

Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Hermantown. Much more battle tested. Even playing Marshall on Friday night, Hermantown's schedule has prepared them much better for a game like this. I have a lot more faith in Plante getting his boys ready than Chido preparing his team.

Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:20 pm

At first I thought this was a misprint since Bemidji is a AA team. After all, Coach Plante said, "We're a Single A program and Single A works for us. People want us to move, tough!" So I checked the schedule and see that almost half of their games are against AA teams. After being confused for awhile, I realized that Coach Plante meant to say:

"Single A works for us during the playoffs when the games actually count. Double A is fantastic for our PeeWees, Bantams and High School regular season. We get to challenge our boys to compete against the best. This makes them a lot better and allows them to reach their full potential. Then, when the games actually matter in the playoffs, we can take all of these experiences and development and use it to kick the snot out of Single A programs that have a fraction of our Youth numbers. We get to continue our epic run of State Tourney appearances, pat each other on the backs and tell each other how great we are. It's kind of like Sidney Crosby dropping down to the Adult league for the playoffs! Isn't it great?"

Go HAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWKKKKKKS!

pekyman

Post by pekyman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:36 pm

Froggy Richards wrote:At first I thought this was a misprint since Bemidji is a AA team. After all, Coach Plante said, "We're a Single A program and Single A works for us. People want us to move, tough!" So I checked the schedule and see that almost half of their games are against AA teams. After being confused for awhile, I realized that Coach Plante meant to say:

"Single A works for us during the playoffs when the games actually count. Double A is fantastic for our PeeWees, Bantams and High School regular season. We get to challenge our boys to compete against the best. This makes them a lot better and allows them to reach their full potential. Then, when the games actually matter in the playoffs, we can take all of these experiences and development and use it to kick the snot out of Single A programs that have a fraction of our Youth numbers. We get to continue our epic run of State Tourney appearances, pat each other on the backs and tell each other how great we are. It's kind of like Sidney Crosby dropping down to the Adult league for the playoffs! Isn't it great?"

Jesus give it up. Havent we been through all this before? You should go crawl back into the hole you came out of. :lol:

Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:47 pm

pekyman wrote:
Froggy Richards wrote:At first I thought this was a misprint since Bemidji is a AA team. After all, Coach Plante said, "We're a Single A program and Single A works for us. People want us to move, tough!" So I checked the schedule and see that almost half of their games are against AA teams. After being confused for awhile, I realized that Coach Plante meant to say:

Jesus give it up. Havent we been through all this before? You should go crawl back into the hole you came out of. :lol:
Hey, be nice. I didn't tell you to crawl into a hole back in December of 2012 when you agreed with Northern Guy saying the exact same thing:

northern_guy wrote:
looking at STA's schedule is mind boggling...i question why they schedule the amount of AA schools they do but then they do not elect to play AA come tournament time? have some self respect and at least offer an explanation publically on the matter. No metro private school should be allowed to play at the A level. I love private schools, i went to one and my kid goes to one, i also love watching class A hockey but i like a balanced playing field. i also love watch AA hockey and and public and private schools...but when you have the amount of success any school has had in the smaller class you do the right thing and move up...whether you are private or public school. its called integrity, and STA doesnt have it.
pekyman wrote:
That's saying it nicely.
http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic. ... hlight=sta

Changed your mind in the last two years, eh?
Last edited by Froggy Richards on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mouse in the corner

Post by Mouse in the corner » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:48 pm

The key to beating Hermantown is dealing with their forecheck which is a monster and getting to their goalie who is pretty much untested as always. Hermantown goalies tend to look good during the season and then fall apart when the heat gets applied to them. I don't think that the Lumberjacks will be able to deal with the forecheck or to get to their goalie.

Hermantown wins.

pekyman

Post by pekyman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:51 pm

Froggy Richards wrote:
pekyman wrote:

Hey, be nice. I didn't tell you to crawl into a hole back in December of 2012 when you agreed with Northern Guy saying the exact same thing:

northern_guy wrote:
looking at STA's schedule is mind boggling...i question why they schedule the amount of AA schools they do but then they do not elect to play AA come tournament time? have some self respect and at least offer an explanation publically on the matter. No metro private school should be allowed to play at the A level. I love private schools, i went to one and my kid goes to one, i also love watching class A hockey but i like a balanced playing field. i also love watch AA hockey and and public and private schools...but when you have the amount of success any school has had in the smaller class you do the right thing and move up...whether you are private or public school. its called integrity, and STA doesnt have it.
pekyman wrote:
That's saying it nicely.

Not at all. If you think that Private STA and Hermantown are similar I can't help you. You an STA guy?

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:55 pm

Just hope no one gets hurt.

Jacks need to get healthy for the final run.

Hawks need to stay healthy as they (like LN) are a target for everyone.

Go Jacks, either way things go in this game, it is nice to have them on the schedule (whether Hawks are AA or A does not matter, they are a quality team). #4 in the state (per Mitch).

pekyman

Post by pekyman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:13 pm

pekyman wrote:
Froggy Richards wrote:
pekyman wrote:

northern_guy wrote:
pekyman wrote:
That's saying it nicely.

Not at all. If you think that Private STA and Hermantown are similar I can't help you. You an STA guy?
If you really want to discuss this why don't you start a new thread on the subject instead of polluting every thread where the name "Hermantown" comes up.

bauerman

Post by bauerman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:15 pm

i personally don't think Hermantown and STA are similiar, one complains and one doesn't

Mouse in the corner

Post by Mouse in the corner » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:20 pm

bauerman wrote:i personally don't think Hermantown and STA are similiar, one complains and one doesn't
One can win the last game of the year and the other can't.

(that was too easy)

pekyman

Post by pekyman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:21 pm

Mouse in the corner wrote:
bauerman wrote:i personally don't think Hermantown and STA are similiar, one complains and one doesn't

(that was too easy)
Exactly, that's why they still belong in A! :lol:

pekyman

Post by pekyman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:23 pm

pekyman wrote:

(that was too easy)
By the way, nobody has beaten STA, A or AA this year...

Mouse in the corner

Post by Mouse in the corner » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:25 pm

pekyman wrote:

(that was too easy)
I don't care where they play. Up to them and their parents and etc. Although I have to admit that I would guess that they will move up now that DM has. It is that or start to lose more players from the program than they already are.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:34 pm

pekyman wrote:
pekyman wrote:

(that was too easy)
at Rosemount
W 6-2 F

at Holy Angels
W 11-4 F

vs. Hastings
W 9-0 F

at Minnetonka
W 5-4 F

vs. Henry Sibley
W 11-0 F

vs. Tartan
W 6-4 F

at Wayzata
W 4-3 F

vs. Duluth East
W 4-1 F

vs. Minnetonka
W 9-3 F

vs. Burnsville
W 3-0 F

at Benilde-St. Margaret's
W 4-3 F

vs. Mahtomedi
W 8-1 F

vs. South St. Paul
W 7-0 F

[b]vs. Benilde-St. Margaret's
L 4-3 F
[/b]

at North St. Paul
W 9-1 F

I guess Benilde is in a class by themselves.

pekyman

Post by pekyman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:35 pm

elliott70 wrote:
pekyman wrote:
pekyman wrote:

(that was too easy)
at Rosemount
W 6-2 F

at Holy Angels
W 11-4 F

vs. Hastings
W 9-0 F

at Minnetonka
W 5-4 F

vs. Henry Sibley
W 11-0 F

vs. Tartan
W 6-4 F

at Wayzata
W 4-3 F

vs. Duluth East
W 4-1 F

vs. Minnetonka
W 9-3 F

vs. Burnsville
W 3-0 F

W 4-3 F

vs. Mahtomedi
W 8-1 F

vs. South St. Paul
W 7-0 F

L 4-3 F
[/b]

at North St. Paul
W 9-1 F

Oops last time I looked they were undefeated. My bad.

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:56 pm

elliott70 wrote:
pekyman wrote:
pekyman wrote:

(that was too easy)
at Rosemount
W 6-2 F

at Holy Angels
W 11-4 F

vs. Hastings
W 9-0 F

at Minnetonka
W 5-4 F

vs. Henry Sibley
W 11-0 F

vs. Tartan
W 6-4 F

at Wayzata
W 4-3 F

vs. Duluth East
W 4-1 F

vs. Minnetonka
W 9-3 F

vs. Burnsville
W 3-0 F

W 4-3 F

vs. Mahtomedi
W 8-1 F

vs. South St. Paul
W 7-0 F

L 4-3 F
[/b]

at North St. Paul
W 9-1 F

Hilarious.

Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:03 pm

pekyman wrote:
pekyman wrote:
Froggy Richards wrote:
pekyman wrote:

northern_guy wrote:
pekyman wrote:
That's saying it nicely.

If you really want to discuss this why don't you start a new thread on the subject instead of polluting every thread where the name "Hermantown" comes up.
I actually was going to start a thread. Then I remembered northern-guy's post from before and he already said it better than I could. And when I saw that a Hermantown guy agreed with him I figured case closed. What more can be said really?

pekyman

Post by pekyman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:55 pm

Froggy Richards wrote:
pekyman wrote:
pekyman wrote:
Froggy Richards wrote:
pekyman wrote:

northern_guy wrote:
pekyman wrote:
That's saying it nicely.

I actually was going to start a thread. Then I remembered northern-guy's post from before and he already said it better than I could. And when I saw that a Hermantown guy agreed with him I figured case closed. What more can be said really?
Haha, good one Froggy

HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:43 pm

What is old is that people keep referring to Hermantown playing up at the Youth Level. THEY HAVE ALWAYS PLAYED AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL. It just so happens that they added a A on the end a couple years ago. So when the highest Youth teams were only one A does that mean that all AA High School teams were playing down? There are things people can criticize, but this is not one.

HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:53 pm

10 out of 25 games are AA. 3 games are teams that opt up and at this point should be Single A themselves (Cloquet twice and Rapids). There are three solid teams: Wayzata, WBL and Bemidji. Other than that it is the Who's Who of AA. Very similar to what St. Thomas Academy scheduled.

GoldenBear69

Post by GoldenBear69 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:30 pm

That should be 4 games vs. teams that opt up...pretty sure Bemidji opts up as well.

pekyman

Post by pekyman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:48 pm

Sats81 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
pekyman wrote:
pekyman wrote:

(that was too easy)
at Rosemount
W 6-2 F

at Holy Angels
W 11-4 F

vs. Hastings
W 9-0 F

at Minnetonka
W 5-4 F

vs. Henry Sibley
W 11-0 F

vs. Tartan
W 6-4 F

at Wayzata
W 4-3 F

vs. Duluth East
W 4-1 F

vs. Minnetonka
W 9-3 F

vs. Burnsville
W 3-0 F

W 4-3 F

vs. Mahtomedi
W 8-1 F

vs. South St. Paul
W 7-0 F

L 4-3 F
[/b]

at North St. Paul
W 9-1 F

Hilarious.
Yes, there are many that think the private AAA teams should be in a class by themselves, or at least all play AA. [/b]

pekyman

Post by pekyman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:40 pm

Elliott, if you are going to the game you should post some updates on here.
I don't make those long road trips now that I don't have any skin in the game and would appreciate it.
I'm expecting a good close game. 👍

Just Checking

Post by Just Checking » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:37 am

pekyman wrote:

(that was too easy)
This one may come back to haunt you Pecky [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X \:D/