xposure

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

youwannaknowme

xposure

Post by youwannaknowme »

I know every year this comes up. I know it's expensive and it's about making money for the Elite league. However, is there value in sending your kid to it? Do kids get a better opportunity to make the Elite league? Just looking for some honest feedback.
grandmeadowhockeyfan

Post by grandmeadowhockeyfan »

So take the money you were going to spend on elite league. Give me half the money I'll kick you in the "deflated ball" and we'll call it a day.
OU812

Post by OU812 »

The elite league runs Xposure, and over the winter MN HS players being scouted by the elite league are assigned a rating for evaluation purposes. Any kid can increase his rating (or decrease it, I guess) with a showing at Xposure. You don't really have to get kicked anywhere, either.
preferhockey

Post by preferhockey »

Complete scam. Save your money to pay off Elite Scouts.
Last edited by preferhockey on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sticksave

Post by sticksave »

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:19 am Post subject: xposure Reply with quote

I know every year this comes up. I know it's expensive and it's about making money for the Elite league. However, is there value in sending your kid to it? Do kids get a better opportunity to make the Elite league? Just looking for some honest feedback
Whether or not your kid gets or needs the exposure, putting your kid into that level and letting him skate with most of the best players in the state is a great thing to do. They will never see that speed or level of play in any triple A league or association. I know my kid was there. The other thing never mentioned is the connections your kid makes with other athletes from around his area that will benefit him all through life. One thing I've noticed about upper level hockey players is where ever they go they always know someone. Lets face it, the connections will most likely be more valuable through their lives than the hockey experience. Tell your kid, "shake everyone's hand say hi, get to know them". You'll make connections that will be invaluable. That kid whose hand you're shanking might be the next greatest player or coach ever.
bstarr15

Post by bstarr15 »

I can see this from both sides and both have their points. Yes it's run by the Elite guys and it costs money, is it worth it??? Unless your little johnny is way up the charts and has been well noticed during the HS season, then it can be a good thing to attend,be seen and try and showcase your talent,thats why it's an xposure thing. I think my son did it 3 years running, was a bubble candidate for Elite league his Jr. year got invited to try out but didn't qualify. Before the senior year he was probably an automatic to the Elite league but did the xposure thing and it only solidified his standing and was an automatic for the Elite league that fall. I'm pretty confident that they are pretty close on those they select as the invites come out mid summer?? Shows the coaches and scouts your making an effort
Sticksave makes a good point about meeting other top players. Probably the most Elite HS guys from the Metro might skip this as they know where they stand,college recruited,coaches know them,played in Elite league as Jr. etc but you certainly get to meet and see top players and coaches recognize you coming back and playing and to them means something to them(your willing to spend the time and $$$) Yes you pay,maybe not the greatest hockey games,2 20 min running periods and rolling lines but at the end of the day you'll find out where you stand.
Many of the coaches at xposure are the Elite coaches as well so they are paying attention. The bummer side is having to do these things for the xposure. Been there and done that!!! All done now though!!!!