Kevin Fellows Prior Lake

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sats81

Kevin Fellows Prior Lake

Post by Sats81 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:27 am

Serious question for PL people or anyone else in the know.

What's going on here? Go to the PL LN game last Th night and kids barely playing...this is one of the best kids in his age group in MN...the few times he does play he's blowing by guys, making things happen, flying up and down the ice. Coaches doghouse? Injured? Believe he was their leading scorer last year as a freshman. Thought it seemed very odd. Would love to hear some feedback. Thanks

mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:49 am

Sats from some close friends within the PL team - I believe this is an issue worth watching if he comes back next year, he was close to going to HM in the past. He was demoted with another very solid player a few weeks back after a meeting with the HC. I was told 4th line, but he seemed to play a decent amount vs LN, more than a 4th liner certainly. I think there is talent on that team but they have kids not performing to their potential, for whatever reason IMO. Hope they can get it together and give Edina a run in sections.

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:52 am

mnhockfan99 wrote:Sats from some close friends within the PL team - I believe this is an issue worth watching if he comes back next year, he was close to going to HM in the past. He was demoted with another very solid player a few weeks back after a meeting with the HC. I was told 4th line, but he seemed to play a decent amount vs LN, more than a 4th liner certainly. I think there is talent on that team but they have kids not performing to their potential, for whatever reason IMO. Hope they can get it together and give Edina a run in sections.
Thanks...and looked like he was playing 3rd line vs LN. I had heard 4th line too. Unreal. He was on their 2nd PP unit for what its worth. When he was playing thursday he was clearly their best player. Strange

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:54 am

Dont know nothing bout Fellows recently

Liked what I saw earlier in the year....

Did Jack Harris ever return? Or did football injury keep him out whole season

Imagine how this team would have been, if both Fellows and Harris would have had the year predicted up to their expected potential.

As it was, Clemons and 5 others all over 20 points, those guys really came through

mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:55 am

[quote="Sats81"][quote="mnhockfan99"]Sats from some close friends within the PL team - I believe this is an issue worth watching if he comes back next year, he was close to going to HM in the past. He was demoted with another very solid player a few weeks back after a meeting with the HC. I was told 4th line, but he seemed to play a decent amount vs LN, more than a 4th liner certainly. I think there is talent on that team but they have kids not performing to their potential, for whatever reason IMO. Hope they can get it together and give Edina a run in sections.[/quote]

Thanks...and looked like he was playing 3rd line vs LN. I had heard 4th line too. Unreal. He was on their 2nd PP unit for what its worth. When he was playing thursday he was clearly their best player. Strange[/quote]

Yeah, I think with his quickness and skill set he'd be a guy you'd play a lot, he was one PL guy I thought held his own vs LN.

Defensive Zone

Post by Defensive Zone » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:12 pm

mnhockfan99 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
mnhockfan99 wrote:Sats from some close friends within the PL team - I believe this is an issue worth watching if he comes back next year, he was close to going to HM in the past. He was demoted with another very solid player a few weeks back after a meeting with the HC. I was told 4th line, but he seemed to play a decent amount vs LN, more than a 4th liner certainly. I think there is talent on that team but they have kids not performing to their potential, for whatever reason IMO. Hope they can get it together and give Edina a run in sections.
Thanks...and looked like he was playing 3rd line vs LN. I had heard 4th line too. Unreal. He was on their 2nd PP unit for what its worth. When he was playing thursday he was clearly their best player. Strange
Yeah, I think with his quickness and skill set he'd be a guy you'd play a lot, he was one PL guy I thought held his own vs LN.
He can be on my team any day!

mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:43 pm

Funny coincidence? Was just told the Prior Lake AD is resigning. He's very tight with Pankratz...I know they have hung out socially before.

Juggernaut

Post by Juggernaut » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:24 pm

I don’t know the what’s going on with the Fellows situation but I’ve known Pankratz for several years and if the player was demoted then there must be a good reason.

urban iceman

Post by urban iceman » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:15 pm

Juggernaut wrote:I don’t know the what’s going on with the Fellows situation but I’ve known Pankratz for several years and if the player was demoted then there must be a good reason.
I second that, my son played for Joe for years on the Magicians and I was impressed with him as a coach and a person!

Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:35 pm

Young but mind seems to drift during games resulting in inconsistent play. Another rule of thumb is that a very good peewee doesn't equate to a top high school player. Clemons has been every bit the player of Fellows the last couple years yet gets no respect while Fellows gets a free pass to the "Elite" League and puts up 5 points.

57special

Post by 57special » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:08 pm

Fellows was a terrific player on the very good BAA of a couple years ago. Not the only one, of course, but he was a definite standout.

Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:21 pm

Kevin Fellows is a solid player at high school level. Indeed he was very good at peewee and bantam, he is no doubt one of elite sophomore players at high school level.

He is just a very good around athlete, my kid played baseball against him for quite a few years, and play summer hockey with him too.