Andover at Duluth East 2/17

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

East wins 3-0. A natural hat trick was all the offense the Hounds needed. As I expected, it was a methodical, low-scoring effort. Andover rarely threatened other than a couple of power plays near the end; I'm not sure East gave up a single shot in the first five minutes of any period. Rooney did well to keep her team in it.

Looks like the boys in orange are up next. :)
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Looks like a comfortable 3 to 0 win for Duluth East, does anyone have the shot totals?
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

May have to run up to The Luth for this weekend. 2 young teams to battle it out for the chance to play on Thursday.

Winner of this game will be feeling pretty good in the final.

Good luck to both.
tezer13

Post by tezer13 »

East 34
Andover 17

East started the game 8-0. Andover closed the gap to 9-4 with a PP before the end of the period. Game was definitely tilted for East as much of the game was in the Andover end. Other than PP's Andover had only a few shifts with any pressure in the East end.

I was really surprised that Andover never pulled their goalie. They had a couple of chances under 2:00 minutes to do so before Altmann sealed it with just over a minute remaining.
the_juiceman

Post by the_juiceman »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:
WestMetro wrote:Are we forgetting about Maddies performance in her previous game against East? I think she had over 40 saves, game ended in a tie. Her save percentage right now for the year is .908.

(By the way, for any metro fans who want to see her play but havent seen her, she will be in goal tonite for her final senior regular season game at Andover Community Ice Arena 7.30 against Coon Rapids.)
IMHO she should be up for the LPH Senior Goalie Award.
now that's funny!!! :lol:
Mouse in the corner

Post by Mouse in the corner »

the_juiceman wrote:
Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:
WestMetro wrote:Are we forgetting about Maddies performance in her previous game against East? I think she had over 40 saves, game ended in a tie. Her save percentage right now for the year is .908.

(By the way, for any metro fans who want to see her play but havent seen her, she will be in goal tonite for her final senior regular season game at Andover Community Ice Arena 7.30 against Coon Rapids.)
IMHO she should be up for the LPH Senior Goalie Award.
now that's funny!!! :lol:
That has to be a troll on here to get a reaction.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Congrats to Maddie Rooney on a great history making season, with 91% save percent and 2.8 average goals allowed. She matched that performance again in the 3 to 0 loss to Duluth East last night. She was remarkably consistent all year, she really didnt have a single blowout game . Consistency is whats its all about in that job, turning back the pressure and giving the team a chance to win every night.. She will do well at UMD,