Andover at Duluth East 2/17

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

TheHockeyDJ

Andover at Duluth East 2/17

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

They get to settle the tie down in Andover from earlier in the year. Andover has recently tied Anoka, lost to Blaine by 1, and then won 4 in a row including an 8-2 route of Forest Lake. Duluth East also lost to Blaine by 1 recently and lost 5-3 to Anoka. Andover probably has the best player on the ice in Tyler Vold. Given all of this, I wouldn't be shocked if Andover won, but I think East will take this one 3-2.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
Tenoverpar

t

Post by Tenoverpar »

There's a reason one team is the 3 seed and the other isn't.
Duluth East at home all day all night...4-2
Traxler

Re: Andover at Duluth East 2/17

Post by Traxler »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:They get to settle the tie down in Andover from earlier in the year. Andover has recently tied Anoka, lost to Blaine by 1, and then won 4 in a row including an 8-2 route of Forest Lake. Duluth East also lost to Blaine by 1 recently and lost 5-3 to Anoka. Andover probably has the best player on the ice in Tyler Vold. Given all of this, I wouldn't be shocked if Andover won, but I think East will take this one 3-2.
The 8-2 rout over Forest Lake was due to the FL goalie being out with bronchitis and a 10th grade backup playing who just isn't that good. The win isn't very impressive.

Duluth East will demonstrate that the tie early in the year was growing pains. This will be a comfortable win for East.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Are we forgetting about Maddies performance in her previous game against East? I think she had over 40 saves, game ended in a tie. Her save percentage right now for the year is .908.

(By the way, for any metro fans who want to see her play but havent seen her, she will be in goal tonite for her final senior regular season game at Andover Community Ice Arena 7.30 against Coon Rapids.)
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

WestMetro wrote:Are we forgetting about Maddies performance in her previous game against East? I think she had over 40 saves, game ended in a tie. Her save percentage right now for the year is .908.

(By the way, for any metro fans who want to see her play but havent seen her, she will be in goal tonite for her final senior regular season game at Andover Community Ice Arena 7.30 against Coon Rapids.)
IMHO she should be up for the LPH Senior Goalie Award.
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

But will she be in goal on Tuesday?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

No reason to believe she wont be in goal next Tuesday up at Duluth.

Her backup played last Monday at Irondale, Im assuming just for some experience rotation since he hasnt played much this year.

I had contacts today to be fairly sure she will be in goal tonight at their final regular season game at home ice , before I drive up to Andover. I want to see her in person once , and this may be the last chance in the metro.
boblee

Post by boblee »

East by a couple. Low scoring game, though.
hermantown2000

Post by hermantown2000 »

There is no doubt that Maddie (assuming she does get the green light to start Tuesday)will play well but can her team-mates help her out by scoring a few more goals and clamping down defensively on East. Andover could put a Vladslav Tretiak or a Dominik Hasek type of goalie in net but if they can't score they can't win.
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

hermantown2000 wrote:There is no doubt that Maddie (assuming she does get the green light to start Tuesday)will play well but can her team-mates help her out by scoring a few more goals and clamping down defensively on East. Andover could put a Vladslav Tretiak or a Dominik Hasek type of goalie in net but if they can't score they can't win.
Pretty sure the Dominator would take it upon himself to score a couple if needed.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Good comment H20

Vold and Sitarz need to step up and get one or two by Howg early. That may be all that is needed.

But on the flip side, Randolph will have his Dmen waiting at the blue line to give 'em all a thump. Based on others comments, that strategy paid off in the Elk game , and will likely be redeployed in playoffs.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

WestMetro wrote:Good comment H20

Vold and Sitarz need to step up and get one or two by Howg early. That may be all that is needed.

But on the flip side, Randolph will have his Dmen waiting at the blue line to give 'em all a thump. Based on others comments, that strategy paid off in the Elk game , and will likely be redeployed in playoffs.
Sitarz might bump back...
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

I'll be cheering for the Dman from Andover.
My apologies to Karl, Lee and the DEast principle.
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

DrGaf wrote:Pretty sure the Dominator would take it upon himself to score a couple if needed.
lol
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Maddie's publicity will get between the ears of the Hounds. ( As if they didnt have enough to think about with her 42? previous saves.)

http://minnesotahockeymag.com/girl-cage/

https://twitter.com/maddie_rooney39
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Will this game be streamed anywhere?
hermantown2000

Post by hermantown2000 »

As for Easts game plan, Randolph should not change strategies regardless of who is in goal for Andover. Be aggressive. Attack and swarm the net. Try to get Maddie rattled early on.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

H2O,What will be different this time around other than location? You agree on low scoring game? Do you agree Tyler V best player on ice?
hermantown2000

Post by hermantown2000 »

We will have to see what Randolph will ultimately do as far as strategy. But Vold for Andover is going to have to make somethings happen for the Huskies if they are going to pull this off!!
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

WestMetro wrote:H2O,What will be different this time around other than location? You agree on low scoring game? Do you agree Tyler V best player on ice?

yes

Hope to see him in Beaver green someday.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Hounds in running time!
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Any streams? Please let me know if anyone knows of any.
Frequent_MN_Flyer

Post by Frequent_MN_Flyer »

I'm recovering from a major surgery, so I could use a good laugh... But I predict the Hounds will roll tonight. 7-1
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

I'd be surprised if the Hounds put in a ton of goals. Most likely they'll continue to work the 2-3 forecheck, because that's their only real hope for getting past the likes of Rapids and Elk River, and they need to get the system working as well as possible. It's not a high-scoring system, but it is designed to just smother the other team's breakouts.

If they do go down early, though, then they'll abandon it and go on the attack, and I don't think East would be in bad shape in a shootout with Andover. They're deeper and have some players who can score when turned loose. Rapids or Elk River would be a different story.

Andover can pull it off, but they need Rooney to be fantastic.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

DE hasn't drawn a qtr-final matchup with a team of Andover's caliber in many years. They are playing at home (they ALWAYS DO in the 7AA play-offs) and most likely will win a 1 or 2 goal game. Andover has a good PP, so DE needs to stay out of the box. DE's PP is way down from recent yr levels. Vold is GOOD. It should be an entertaining game.