We know the teams, but who has the best student section?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

IGotDibs

We know the teams, but who has the best student section?

Post by IGotDibs »

St. Thomas always has a great section and this years class really looks promising

Duluth East always brings a strong cheering squad and brings in good leadership.

Havnt seen Elk River, but I heard they can get pretty rowdy.

White Bear eventhough they have a fine system in place usually fills those bleachers.

Who would win the State Tourney in terms of Student Sections

Trash talk encouraged
IGotDibs

Post by IGotDibs »

and as a fan we all know whats better then great hockey is great hockey with great fans!
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Park Rapids
Hallock

Ely
Greenway

Edina
(at least their cheerleaders based on my memory).

Centennial

Waseca
IGotDibs

Post by IGotDibs »

elliott70 wrote:Park Rapids
Hallock

Ely
Greenway

Edina

Centennial

Waseca
My roomate is from Hallock do they really have a good section?? haha
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

IGotDibs wrote:
Hallock

Ely
Greenway

Edina

Centennial

Waseca
My roomate is from Hallock do they really have a good section?? haha
small but enthusiastic
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

There really is only one answer to this, and that is white bear lake!
IGotDibs

Post by IGotDibs »

WestMetro wrote:There really is only one answer to this, and that is white bear lake!
O yeah they bring like 5 sections of fans, but old man law is cracking down on them
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Hallock

Ely
Greenway

Edina

Centennial

Waseca
Forgetting Indus there, Elliott?

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

east hockey wrote:
Hallock

Ely
Greenway

Edina

Centennial

Waseca

Lee
Indus played outside....
Did not hear much cheering from inside my car..
Bagley played outside also until about 10 12 years ago....

Williams had a great fan base. Of course, Lee, you would know that, as you taught there in their glory years, right?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

elliott70 wrote:
east hockey wrote:
Hallock

Ely
Greenway

Edina

Centennial

Waseca

Lee
Indus played outside....

Williams had a great fan base. Of course, Lee, you would know that, as you taught there in their glory years, right?
Hey, I'm not so old as I think you is. :P

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
nahc

Post by nahc »

Burnsville always had a very LOUD contingent. Actually last year in the AA finals, the whole arena was cheering VERY LOUDLY for Lakeville North ...... for the first period then things got out of hand.

Am sure the Hounds will have a large contingent if they make it to the X.

Gosh knows that the Jaugernaut will probably sell out the whole arena if they make it to the X!!

St Thomas probably has the loudest student section of those teams that have a chance to make it to the X......

WBL has great fans......... now if they can just make the show!!!
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

nahc wrote:Burnsville always had a very LOUD contingent. Actually last year in the AA finals, the whole arena was cheering VERY LOUDLY for Lakeville North ...... for the first period then things got out of hand.

Gosh knows that the Jaugernaut will probably sell out the whole arena if they make it to the X!!

St Thomas probably has the loudest student section of those teams that have a chance to make it to the X......

Any student section that can overpower about 1,000 obnoxious male cadets gets my vote. Their student section is AA along with their team. No class A public school had the numbers to do it.
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

IGotDibs wrote:
WestMetro wrote:There really is only one answer to this, and that is white bear lake!
O yeah they bring like 5 sections of fans, but old man law is cracking down on them
Yeah the administration is a bunch of hardos when it comes to the student section especially after the stupidity of a new student during a basketball game this year
grandmeadowhockeyfan

Post by grandmeadowhockeyfan »

Hermantown does a real good job of getting crazy. St Thomas beat them in the hockey games and in the stands. Anyone else remember the cadets stealing the hawks head and making a run back to their section with the head. Classic!!! Warroad fans I also miss. They had drum beats and Atlanta braves chear going. going and fans going crazy also.

St Thomas is a team I cannot stand but their fans were very entertaining.
They pulled classics and new and creative.
Remember any of these
Fan on other side of arena walking up of down the stairs and the fans do the left right in unison with person walking
Stealing the Hermantown hawk head and running for it
Old classics like ice is slippery
In response for daddy's money, they cheared you 'll be working for us.
In response to where are the girls, cheered we get yours
Also the hand motion and unison cheats were very good
Task Force 34

Post by Task Force 34 »

I think you will see a pretty good turnout tonight at BIG! Jag's student section is pretty enthusiastic.
Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards »

grandmeadowhockeyfan wrote:Hermantown does a real good job of getting crazy. St Thomas beat them in the hockey games and in the stands. Anyone else remember the cadets stealing the hawks head and making a run back to their section with the head. Classic!!! Warroad fans I also miss. They had drum beats and Atlanta braves chear going. going and fans going crazy also.

St Thomas is a team I cannot stand but their fans were very entertaining.
They pulled classics and new and creative.
Remember any of these
Fan on other side of arena walking up of down the stairs and the fans do the left right in unison with person walking
Stealing the Hermantown hawk head and running for it
Old classics like ice is slippery
In response for daddy's money, they cheared you 'll be working for us.
In response to where are the girls, cheered we get yours
Also the hand motion and unison cheats were very good
I agree, St. Thomas is probably the best I've seen down there. For such a small school to dominate the stands the way they do is pretty impressive. (Only 624 kids Grades 7-12) They must have had the entire school there.
IGotDibs

Post by IGotDibs »

elliott70 wrote:
east hockey wrote:
Hallock

Ely
Greenway

Edina

Centennial

Waseca

Lee
Indus played outside....

My great uncle played outside for Williams!
IGotDibs

Post by IGotDibs »

nahc wrote:Burnsville always had a very LOUD contingent. Actually last year in the AA finals, the whole arena was cheering VERY LOUDLY for Lakeville North ...... for the first period then things got out of hand.

we sat below Burnsville and one of the best ive ever heard last time they went.
IGotDibs

Post by IGotDibs »

Mahtomedi or however you spell it had a great student section as far as 1A goes and Hermantown does that wierd dance thing haha. One of the coolest moments though was Totino Grace Vs Warroad in 2005 they pounded the drums and Warroad did their dance right after that TJ Oshie made things happen and boom State Champs. He should have won Mr Hockey that year, but that's none of my business.
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

IGotDibs wrote:Mahtomedi or however you spell it had a great student section as far as 1A goes and Hermantown does that wierd dance thing haha. One of the coolest moments though was Totino Grace Vs Warroad in 2005 they pounded the drums and Warroad did their dance right after that TJ Oshie made things happen and boom State Champs. He should have won Mr Hockey that year, but that's none of my business.
The hawk dance is awesome!
IGotDibs

Post by IGotDibs »

Task Force 34 wrote:I think you will see a pretty good turnout tonight at BIG! Jag's student section is pretty enthusiastic.
When will we ever see them in the Tourney. They need Saterdalen back!
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

Froggy Richards wrote: I agree, St. Thomas is probably the best I've seen down there. For such a small school to dominate the stands the way they do is pretty impressive. (Only 624 kids Grades 7-12) They must have had the entire school there.
STA students obviously get a huge head start on all of the other student sections when it comes to being organized, following the lead, and chanting/clapping/marching in unison.

That said, their attendance at last year's sectionals was pathetically thin in the QFs and Semi's. IIRC somebody claimed that there was a conflict between the hockey game and a school social with the girls from Visitation. So you have to question their commitment to the sport. :wink:
Two minutes for...embellishment (ding!)
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

almostashappy wrote:
Froggy Richards wrote: I agree, St. Thomas is probably the best I've seen down there. For such a small school to dominate the stands the way they do is pretty impressive. (Only 624 kids Grades 7-12) They must have had the entire school there.
STA students obviously get a huge head start on all of the other student sections when it comes to being organized, following the lead, and chanting/clapping/marching in unison.

That said, their attendance at last year's sectionals was pathetically thin in the QFs and Semi's. IIRC somebody claimed that there was a conflict between the hockey game and a school social with the girls from Visitation. So you have to question their commitment to the sport. :wink:
Which sport we talking here?
Immigrant Fan

Post by Immigrant Fan »

Sorry, I can't abide the St Thomas Cadets after witnessing them abusing other teams' cheerleaders. I guess they think they are real tough guys picking on high school girls. Maybe it is good practice for the future, if their wives don't indulge their Peter Pan Syndromes.

They may be part of the 1%, but from what I've seen, they are strictly low class.
Not born here...
...but, would hate to leave
OTB987

Post by OTB987 »

Wayzata