6AA Final: Eden Prairie vs. Minnetonka

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Skippers
30
68%
Eagles
14
32%
 
Total votes: 44

karl(east)
Posts: 5882
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:03 am
Contact:

6AA Final: Eden Prairie vs. Minnetonka

Post by karl(east) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:26 pm

An intriguing matchup to begin with, and it's been made even more interesting by the suspension of 3 regular EP players. The Eagles still have Mittelstadt and Graham, while the Skippers have spent most of the year sailing under the radar, avoiding drama, and piling up a bunch of good wins. They split their two meetings, with the road team winning each time; Tonka won the first game 4-2, and and EP won the second one 4-1. Who comes out on top in the nightcap at Mariucci on Wednesday?

mnhockeynut77
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:38 pm

Post by mnhockeynut77 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:38 pm

They did meet in the Schwan Cup too. Minnetonka won that game 7-4. We'll see if Berger can continue playing solid in net for Minnetonka; that's the only way I see them winning this game even with EP's suspensions.

WestMetro
Posts: 1803
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:08 pm

Post by WestMetro » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:33 am

This game has some irony if I recall correctly that Durocher came out of the Tonka system? Anyway, from what I read he is lucky he will be in goal for the final game.

Having sworn not to make a prediction on any more Section 6 games, I will go with the Skips in the final to complete the Section 6 drama , and likely resulting in a no seed at state for a Section 6 team for the first time in ??? years.

Rich Clarke
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by Rich Clarke » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:44 pm

Eden Prairie's the better team and beat the Skippers 4-1 the last time they met. But Minnetonka beat EP not just once at the Schwan, but also 4-2 in the first conference game in February. Those wins came against EP's full compliment of players I believe. The game would be a toss up without the suspensions. With them, it is pretty even. The question I have is whether EP comes together and plays a more inspired game because of them, and whether Minnetonka is perhaps tenuous because they suddenly see themselves as the favorite. They are a much harder team to beat when they are thinking they're the underdog. Also, I've never thought Lee Smith has accomplished nearly what he could have with the talent in that program. If he can inspire these kids to win, that will say a lot. If he let's them sulk, well...

Either way, it'll be nice if the Eagles can pull it out. As much as I dislike what happened at the end, and agree that the goalie was just clueless, it would be sad to see their season end on that note. In 1990, Minnetonka lost two of its top players in the semifianls against Richfield due to a similar brawl. They came back and beat Edina and made it to the state semifinals before losing, like everyone else, to an unbelievable Roseau team (everyone else includes Brian Bonin and some great GR stars who I am ashamed I am not recalling right now).

edgeUcated
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:33 am

Re: 6AA Final: Eden Prairie vs. Minnetonka

Post by edgeUcated » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:00 am

Does anyone know if this game is being video broadcast online ?? I only see an audio broadcast by MSBN

bemused
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: 6AA Final: Eden Prairie vs. Minnetonka

Post by bemused » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:18 am

edgeUcated wrote:Does anyone know if this game is being video broadcast online ?? I only see an audio broadcast by MSBN
Pay per view..with EP's #20 doing the color with his helmet still on in case he runs into somebody who punches back...

Tron
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:46 pm

Post by Tron » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:48 am

Skippers will be pumped after their win against Wayzata. EP's mental game isnt as sharp as it was earlier in the year. Skippers make it to state but will be early departures.

PSBMedia
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:29 am

Re: 6AA Final: Eden Prairie vs. Minnetonka

Post by PSBMedia » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:28 am

edgeUcated wrote:Does anyone know if this game is being video broadcast online ?? I only see an audio broadcast by MSBN
Prep45 has exclusive rights to all live video of postseason games. We inquired about partnering with Prep45 to bring live video but received no response from them. As mentioned above, there should be a number of audio feeds though.

jgmotorsports
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:20 pm

Cheap shot by #23 Wayzata

Post by jgmotorsports » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:07 pm

This will also help motivate the Mtka boys i would think.
On another note, and dont want to steal this thread,
What should be done about this type of action with a team that does not progress into playoffs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vysME31XgU

blindref
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:10 am

Post by blindref » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:30 pm

How about no home ice for next year's playoffs if your team is in a fight in the last five minutes of a game.
You're the visiting team at all neutral sites as well.

DanSorensen
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by DanSorensen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:50 pm

It starts with the parent having a serious conversation with his son about being mature and displaying good sportsmanship even during a tough loss. For those that know me, trust me discipline has begun at home for this action. As we all know, there isn't a simple answer in dealing with dumb decisions that your chilldren make. There is no reason for this to occur in any sport. I will do whatever is possible to insure that it doesn't happen again. When all said and done, it is the responsibility of the player to make the right choices on and off the ice. As parents we can only hope that we have provided the appropriate support and discipline at home that allows our children to make good choices and have good high school sports experiences. Dan Sorensen

WarmUpTheBus
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:38 pm

DanSorensen wrote:It starts with the parent having a serious conversation with his son about being mature and displaying good sportsmanship even during a tough loss. For those that know me, trust me discipline has begun at home for this action. As we all know, there isn't a simple answer in dealing with dumb decisions that your chilldren make. There is no reason for this to occur in any sport. I will do whatever is possible to insure that it doesn't happen again. When all said and done, it is the responsibility of the player to make the right choices on and off the ice. As parents we can only hope that we have provided the appropriate support and discipline at home that allows our children to make good choices and have good high school sports experiences. Dan Sorensen
He could start by apologizing sincerely to the kid he hit in the back.

Gov78
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:42 pm

Re: 6AA Final: Eden Prairie vs. Minnetonka

Post by Gov78 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:51 pm

PSBMedia wrote:
edgeUcated wrote:Does anyone know if this game is being video broadcast online ?? I only see an audio broadcast by MSBN
Prep45 has exclusive rights to all live video of postseason games. We inquired about partnering with Prep45 to bring live video but received no response from them. As mentioned above, there should be a number of audio feeds though.
Prep45 does not appear to be offering the section finals Wed as their next published broadcasts are for state wrestling tournament.

I can't make the trip to Mariucci this year so was hoping to catch online but might have to settle for audio only.

nahc
Posts: 578
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:10 am

Post by nahc » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:52 pm

Any idea where we can pick up the audio feed?

Just Checking
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Post by Just Checking » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:09 pm

DanSorensen wrote:It starts with the parent having a serious conversation with his son about being mature and displaying good sportsmanship even during a tough loss. For those that know me, trust me discipline has begun at home for this action. As we all know, there isn't a simple answer in dealing with dumb decisions that your chilldren make. There is no reason for this to occur in any sport. I will do whatever is possible to insure that it doesn't happen again. When all said and done, it is the responsibility of the player to make the right choices on and off the ice. As parents we can only hope that we have provided the appropriate support and discipline at home that allows our children to make good choices and have good high school sports experiences. Dan Sorensen
Well said. Keep doing the best you can. That is all you can do. He is a good kid, he will figure it out if you stay on him. Needs to use a potentiometer rather than flipping the switch with that aggression.

mnhockey47
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by mnhockey47 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:43 pm

nahc wrote:Any idea where we can pick up the audio feed?
Click on this link http://www.msbnsports.net/

East Side Pioneer Guy
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:43 am

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:15 am

Rich Clarke wrote:Eden Prairie's the better team and beat the Skippers 4-1 the last time they met. But Minnetonka beat EP not just once at the Schwan, but also 4-2 in the first conference game in February. Those wins came against EP's full compliment of players I believe. The game would be a toss up without the suspensions. With them, it is pretty even. The question I have is whether EP comes together and plays a more inspired game because of them, and whether Minnetonka is perhaps tenuous because they suddenly see themselves as the favorite. They are a much harder team to beat when they are thinking they're the underdog. Also, I've never thought Lee Smith has accomplished nearly what he could have with the talent in that program. If he can inspire these kids to win, that will say a lot. If he let's them sulk, well...

Either way, it'll be nice if the Eagles can pull it out. As much as I dislike what happened at the end, and agree that the goalie was just clueless, it would be sad to see their season end on that note. In 1990, Minnetonka lost two of its top players in the semifianls against Richfield due to a similar brawl. They came back and beat Edina and made it to the state semifinals before losing, like everyone else, to an unbelievable Roseau team (everyone else includes Brian Bonin and some great GR stars who I am ashamed I am not recalling right now).
Chris Marinucci for one.

Doc Holliday
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:20 pm

Post by Doc Holliday » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:41 am

EP wins, 2-1 in OT.

Mittelstedt with the GWG (both EP goals).

Nostalgic Nerd
Posts: 1037
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:16 am
Location: St. Paul, MN

Post by Nostalgic Nerd » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:52 am

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:
Rich Clarke wrote:Eden Prairie's the better team and beat the Skippers 4-1 the last time they met. But Minnetonka beat EP not just once at the Schwan, but also 4-2 in the first conference game in February. Those wins came against EP's full compliment of players I believe. The game would be a toss up without the suspensions. With them, it is pretty even. The question I have is whether EP comes together and plays a more inspired game because of them, and whether Minnetonka is perhaps tenuous because they suddenly see themselves as the favorite. They are a much harder team to beat when they are thinking they're the underdog. Also, I've never thought Lee Smith has accomplished nearly what he could have with the talent in that program. If he can inspire these kids to win, that will say a lot. If he let's them sulk, well...

Either way, it'll be nice if the Eagles can pull it out. As much as I dislike what happened at the end, and agree that the goalie was just clueless, it would be sad to see their season end on that note. In 1990, Minnetonka lost two of its top players in the semifianls against Richfield due to a similar brawl. They came back and beat Edina and made it to the state semifinals before losing, like everyone else, to an unbelievable Roseau team (everyone else includes Brian Bonin and some great GR stars who I am ashamed I am not recalling right now).
Chris Marinucci for one.
The name escapes me but the GR goalie made a superb save in the semis vs Anoka by sticking a would-be goal out of the air.

Also am hoping Minnetonka wins. EP should be ashamed and hopefully the whole run capsizes on them. Suspension for a game? Gimme a break...
Last edited by Nostalgic Nerd on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I can splash in the rink puddles!

WestMetro
Posts: 1803
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:08 pm

Post by WestMetro » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:53 am

The yearlong Section 6 drama ends on a high note in a close game with top notch sophomore CM dealing with the pressure and coming thru big time. Also, audio sounded like both goalies had good game, with Durocher facing many of his former Tonka Bantam teammates.

Nostalgic Nerd
Posts: 1037
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:16 am
Location: St. Paul, MN

Post by Nostalgic Nerd » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:01 am

Doc Holliday wrote:EP wins, 2-1 in OT.

Mittelstedt with the GWG (both EP goals).
Right on the money!
I can splash in the rink puddles!

hermantown2000
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:25 pm

Post by hermantown2000 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:50 am

Just watched a video that was taken after the game winning goal. Minnetonka looked pretty stunned (the one player near the goalie on the ground on his knees dejectedly says it all). The Skippers were probably thinking with the three EP players out that they were going to breeze through this game. Even I did not like EPs chances in this game.After the ot goal Tonka was like"What in the world just happen?". As far as EP goes talk about resilience, guts and determination.

twolinepass
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:49 pm

Post by twolinepass » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:52 am

Didn't know Rau was going to be wearing 11 tonight.

WBLHockeyfan04
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:59 am

twolinepass wrote:Didn't know Rau was going to be wearing 11 tonight.

Another #11 from EP heading to the Gopher's in a few years.

Bayside Tigers
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:32 am

Post by Bayside Tigers » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:02 am

How you guys like the weird bounce off the Tonka dump when Dorucher skated behind the net, but decided not to play & instead skated back to his crease. Little did he know the puck bounced & came with him. And getting back into position he nearly kicked it in, clueless as to where it was. The arena erupted, as you could imagine. This was in the 3rd period with the game tied no less. I hope he let the defender who saved the puck from going in kiss his girlfriend, it's the least he could do.

If Dorucher was truly in the wrong in the Benilde fisticuffs scandal, the Hockey Gods would have made him to kick that puck into the net. Instead, they reward him for his grit & toughness. I agree.

Awesome.
Last edited by Bayside Tigers on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply