5AA Final: Centennial vs. Blaine

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Cougars
23%
Bengals
77%

Total votes: 35

karl(east)

5AA Final: Centennial vs. Blaine

Post by karl(east) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:35 pm

An interesting one in the north metro. Blaine's been the better team all year, and beat Centennial twice--both times by one goal. Still, the Cougars are the two-time defending section champions, and it was a similar story last season when they took down the Bengals in the final. Does history repeat itself, or does Blaine finally get back to the big show?

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:37 pm

I've been saying for years about 5AA, you can never count Blaine in nor can you count centennial out. With Blaine's new coach this year, may be the trend will change. It is amazing with Blaine's heavy graduation last year that they are back in the thick of it. It is certainly their turn, and I hope they can do it. So,I will predict a two-goal Blaine win
[/list]

IGotDibs

Post by IGotDibs » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:05 am

Well based off jerseys I have to go with Blaine those colors are to clean. Either way I think both teams will be great for a good State Hockey tourney. Im taking Blaine 3-1

Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:55 pm

I know whose gonna win but I'm not saying.

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Bayside Tigers wrote:I know whose gonna win but I'm not saying.
I want to know what Ricky says!

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:29 pm

You've got some 'splaining to do...

Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:15 pm

Blaine wins 4:2 with ENG.

MNhocklover43

Post by MNhocklover43 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:21 pm

Centennial wins 4-3. I think their team is more discipline and have better defensemen.
Blaine consists of selfish forwards and lack solid D and goaltending.

Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:42 am

east hockey wrote:
I want to know what Ricky says!

Lee
lol I only know what Lucas McCain says. Rick Rude, or Slick Rick maybe. Or Ricky The Dragon.

grandmeadowhockeyfan

Post by grandmeadowhockeyfan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:53 pm

I'm at this one and will keep updates coming. Tried to get tickets for tomorrow at Aldrich ang got here ten minutes after 200 and they would not sell ang more. I drove two and half hours and just missed tonight. I guess I need to try again tomorrow.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:42 pm

Picked this game for the new playoff venue at Aldrich. And because Duluth was too far to go.

Expected great atmosphere from great rivals

Got great atmosphere . Aldrich was filled like the old days of years gone by, and the great rival fans were excited

But it quickly became a blowout game.

I had not seen Blaine since December.

Doubt whether Blaine will get seeded at X, but I think theve got a 17? game winning streak and looked pretty confident. The kids and their new coach have really accomplished something.

One interesting thing about this team is theyve been rotating goalies all season and each is at about .915.

Get a good look at Riley Tufte at the X, doubt whether we will see him again next year.

gopherman23

Post by gopherman23 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:10 am

WestMetro wrote:Picked this game for the new playoff venue at Aldrich. And because Duluth was too far to go.

Got great atmosphere . Aldrich was filled like the old days of years gone by, and the great rival fans were excited

Doubt whether Blaine will get seeded at X, but I think theve got a 17? game winning streak and looked pretty confident. The kids and their new coach have really accomplished something.

One interesting thing about this team is theyve been rotating goalies all season and each is at about .915.

Get a good look at Riley Tufte at the X, doubt whether we will see him again next year.
Yeah, Blaine is 16-0-1 since the begining of January. They started the season slow, which is expected when you lose something like 16 seniors and your head coach. They've been playing good hockey lately and have wins over Eden Prairie, Hill Murray, Elk River, Duluth East, BSM, and Moorhead.

I do hope Riley Tufte comes back next year, he has a chance to compete for Mr. Hockey if he does. He was the number 1 overall pick last year in the USHL, so that will play a huge part in the decision.

MNpuckBlog

Post by MNpuckBlog » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:24 am

WestMetro wrote:Picked this game for the new playoff venue at Aldrich. And because Duluth was too far to go.

Tough to say how they'll do the seeding. Blaine beat EP, East, and Hill Murray in the regular season, so a #4 seed wouldn't be out of the question behind LN, Edina, and STA. Hill Murray (assuming they get past Stillwater) lost to LN, Edina, EP, Blaine, and split with STA during the season. I don't think it matters much, as Blaine and HM will likely be interchangeable at 4/5 and play in the quarterfinals anyway. Also, along with Tufte I'd say there's a possibility Notermann doesn't return for his senior season either, but they'll be fun to watch next week. Haven't had the chance to see them play this season.