Late hit by Sadek on Peterson after DE goal.

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

kpryan88 wrote:I didn't see a Lakeville North game this season until i got to the X. I was hoping they weren't as chippy as they were when they got blown out of last years title game. Watching their 3 games at the X, i came away thinking, that has to be the worst team I've ever seen win a title. Their talent is unmatched and amazing. Their sportsmanship is godawful. Cheapshots after the whistle in all 3 games, one Poehling told a ref to"f#$k off", the crosscheck after the East goal was the cheapest shot I've seen since Todd Bertuzzi. I was hoping a team with that much talent would have a lot more class. Sadly, i was thoroughly disappointed.
Which number? 3, 4 or 7? I'll be sure to have a talk with him! Are you kidding me? So you are telling me you are either one of the refs on the ice during the game and heard it directly, or you are a professional lip reader? This is insane. You tell a ref to F off at any level whether it be college or professionally and you are absolutely getting a 2 min for unsportsmanlike if not worse. Give me a break.

As far as the Sadek crosscheck being the "cheapest shot you have seen since Todd Bertuzzi" you obviously rarely if ever watch hockey..the boarding on Taylor Schneider friday night vs EP that was called a "hold" was far worse then the Sadek incident.
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

nahc wrote:Bluewhitefan: Curious concerning your dissing of the North student section and parents. I sat amongst North parents at each game and am not sure where your comments are coming from. Same for the North student section....... they were loud and really supported their team..... Some concrete examples would be appreciated.
If you sat there, then you're either deaf, blind or both. If you consider cheers with sexual references and the f-word in them as supporting your team, then I obviously can't help you. I saw and was told about adults yelling f-Edina and F-Eden Prairie and flipping off other adults during and after games. Adults taunting other school's student sections with profanity laden chirps. Numerous reports from parents with young squirt-age kids simply wearing their school colors being told to "get the f out of here losers." Sorry, but it was everywhere, and it was classless. I'm all for good natured cheering and chirps to other student sections, but this was classless over the top garbage.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

almostashappy wrote:
kpryan88 wrote:I didn't see a Lakeville North game this season until i got to the X. I was hoping they weren't as chippy as they were when they got blown out of last years title game. Watching their 3 games at the X, i came away thinking, that has to be the worst team I've ever seen win a title. Their talent is unmatched and amazing. Their sportsmanship is godawful. Cheapshots after the whistle in all 3 games, one Poehling told a ref to"f#$k off", the crosscheck after the East goal was the cheapest shot I've seen since Todd Bertuzzi. I was hoping a team with that much talent would have a lot more class. Sadly, i was thoroughly disappointed.
Are the Poehling brothers still planning on playing a couple of weeks at Green Bay this Spring? I'm very curious how their combination of unmatched amazing talent and "godawful" sportsmanship is received at the USHL level...particularly when the Gamblers play teams like Lincoln later this month and share ice with enforcers like this guy:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/20296
As a matter of fact, they are. Why don't you send me your address and phone number so I can pick you up on the way to a few games?

Your jealously is palpable towards them and anything LN related. You constantly take your little cheap shots, yet when anyone dishes it back to you about your love affair with Eagan you rarely if ever respond. No surprise.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Bluewhitefan wrote:If you sat there, then you're either deaf, blind or both. If you consider cheers with sexual references and the f-word in them as supporting your team, then I obviously can't help you.
I didn't care for the profanity either as I was in attendance with my 9 year-old. However, to be fair, the DE students dropped the first F-bomb at the Championship game.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

Sats81 wrote: As a matter of fact, they are. Why don't you send me your address and phone number so I can pick you up on the way to a few games?

Your jealously is palpable towards them and anything LN related. You constantly take your little cheap shots, yet when anyone dishes it back to you about your love affair with Eagan you rarely if ever respond. No surprise.
Ah, there's the Sats that we knew and loved, back in full form. :lol:

Yes, anyone who is critical of anything LN related just has to be jealous of their success...how could it be otherwise? :roll:

And me saying that I don't care for the style of play that I witnessed in SSC play and everyone else in the state witnessed in last year's Tourney (and, to a lesser extent, this year's) is just "dishing."

And you "dishing back" comments about the height of my favorite team's head coach is fair and appropriate, and worthy of my response.

But if you really want me to reply to your standard come-back...I'll take my coach's height against your coach's...height...any day. Even though things are always bigger in Texas. :wink:
Two minutes for...embellishment (ding!)
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

Big fan of the Poehling brothers, they had an excellent tournament.

I also enjoy a little chirp once in awile.
nahc

Post by nahc »

Bluewhitefan: I beleive there were about 19,000 spectators who were saying F Edina but maybe not verbally.....!! When was the last time you saw that many fans at one time stand and cheer an Edina goal...... NOT!!!! Any the Edina "fans" were using a lot more expletives than any DE, North, or other fans watching the game. I just don't whine about it. You'll get your chance next year....... this year though belonged to the Panthers....... 31-0........ as the chant goes "Score board, score board" :):)
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

nahc wrote:Bluewhitefan: I beleive there were about 19,000 spectators who were saying F Edina but maybe not verbally.....!! When was the last time you saw that many fans at one time stand and cheer an Edina goal...... NOT!!!! Any the Edina "fans" were using a lot more expletives than any DE, North, or other fans watching the game. I just don't whine about it. You'll get your chance next year....... this year though belonged to the Panthers....... 31-0........ as the chant goes "Score board, score board" :):)
Glad you were able to bypass the point and show your own lack of class. So, if you're 31-0 that gives YOU and your other classless friends the right to act like jerks? You asked for concrete examples and I gave them, and nothing in your response refutes them. The LN players completed a great accomplishment - unfortunately guys like you think you had something to do with it, and that makes it okay to say f-you to a 10 year old. I won't have my chance next year, because I don't actually play hockey, I let the 17 year olds do that.
thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker »

almostashappy wrote:
Sats81 wrote: As a matter of fact, they are. Why don't you send me your address and phone number so I can pick you up on the way to a few games?

Ah, there's the Sats that we knew and loved, back in full form. :lol:

Yes, anyone who is critical of anything LN related just has to be jealous of their success...how could it be otherwise? :roll:

And me saying that I don't care for the style of play that I witnessed in SSC play and everyone else in the state witnessed in last year's Tourney (and, to a lesser extent, this year's) is just "dishing."

And you "dishing back" comments about the height of my favorite team's head coach is fair and appropriate, and worthy of my response.

But if you really want me to reply to your standard come-back...I'll take my coach's height against your coach's...height...any day. Even though things are always bigger in Texas. :wink:
How short is he? I knew he stood on a stool, but when he came to chat with ref at the bench, poof.. his chin just rested on the top of boards.
8-TIME weekly & 2-Time Season Pick Em Champ
kpryan88

Post by kpryan88 »

Sats81 wrote:
Which number? 3, 4 or 7? I'll be sure to have a talk with him! Are you kidding me? So you are telling me you are either one of the refs on the ice during the game and heard it directly, or you are a professional lip reader? This is insane. You tell a ref to F off at any level whether it be college or professionally and you are absolutely getting a 2 min for unsportsmanlike if not worse. Give me a break.

As far as the Sadek crosscheck being the "cheapest shot you have seen since Todd Bertuzzi" you obviously rarely if ever watch hockey..the boarding on Taylor Schneider friday night vs EP that was called a "hold" was far worse then the Sadek incident.
I live in another state, yes, I don't get to watch as much hockey as I would like. Based on what I saw this weekend, I think these kids will fit in well as the USHL level, but that stuff is not necessary for hs hockey. All of the reduction to online video streams has prevented me from watching as many games as I would like to see. I watch as much as I can from afar, usually all of the section finals and the state tourney but for some reason they took the section final streams away this year. That was really lame. I don't typically get to watch much hockey, but usually i get to watch the best in the state battle for the title. In all my years of watching online, and in MN before I moved, I have never seen a team throw as many hits after the whistle, consistantly, at the high school level. I know my sample size isn't the largest but that is my observation from afar.
The call on Friday was a joke, I agree with you there. That should have been a boarding, not sure how holding occurred there. That should have been the easiest call of the weekend but the refs were gutless.
My tickets on Thursday night were about 6 rows above the Hill bench, on the blue line. After the offsides call, that wasn't actually offsides, one of the brothers, I think it was #7 but i don't remember exactly, took a slapshot off the wall. A ref came over to him and talked to him, tho which he responded "f##k off." i wasn't the only one in my row who heard it. I'd be interested to hear what he tells you when you talk to him about it.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

kpryan88 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:

I live in another state, yes, I don't get to watch as much hockey as I would like. Based on what I saw this weekend, I think these kids will fit in well as the USHL level, but that stuff is not necessary for hs hockey. All of the reduction to online video streams has prevented me from watching as many games as I would like to see. I watch as much as I can from afar, usually all of the section finals and the state tourney but for some reason they took the section final streams away this year. That was really lame. I don't typically get to watch much hockey, but usually i get to watch the best in the state battle for the title. In all my years of watching online, and in MN before I moved, I have never seen a team throw as many hits after the whistle, consistantly, at the high school level. I know my sample size isn't the largest but that is my observation from afar.
The call on Friday was a joke, I agree with you there. That should have been a boarding, not sure how holding occurred there. That should have been the easiest call of the weekend but the refs were gutless.
My tickets on Thursday night were about 6 rows above the Hill bench, on the blue line. After the offsides call, that wasn't actually offsides, one of the brothers, I think it was #7 but i don't remember exactly, took a slapshot off the wall. A ref came over to him and talked to him, tho which he responded "f##k off." i wasn't the only one in my row who heard it. I'd be interested to hear what he tells you when you talk to him about it.
I have a really difficult time believing if this was said directly to the ref, that he wasn't penalized.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

The Exiled One wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote:If you sat there, then you're either deaf, blind or both. If you consider cheers with sexual references and the f-word in them as supporting your team, then I obviously can't help you.
I didn't care for the profanity either as I was in attendance with my 9 year-old. However, to be fair, the DE students dropped the first F-bomb at the Championship game.
Those weren't DE students, that was 207, which was this year's incarnation of the upper-deck section of random HS kids who band together and form an off-color chanting section. They adopt teams (usually the northern schools or publics, unsurprisingly) and go after the other teams' student sections. They try to do this every year, sometimes with more success than others. This year was the strongest they'd been since 2011 or so, when they took over 216 and were basically a third student section.

Obviously they are far from PC at times, but they are something of a Tourney tradition that gets passed down from year to year, and the atmosphere is a lot better when they get going. They were the ones inciting a lot of the stuff during the AA semis and final.

I did rather appreciate the East fans' response to 207's "F the Hornets" on Saturday night: "We just did." :)
nahc

Post by nahc »

and back to the topic........ Late hit - yup, should have probably been a penalty - yup, worse non-call of the tourney - nope, fans/schools getting on one another - yep, kids playing their hearts out - yep, McGoverns Packed all day for the tourney - yep, record setting attendance for both the A and AA tourneys - yep, lots of opinions on each game on this blog - heck Ya.........

That sums the tourney up for me. Karl - Am a Hounds fan for life!! Have been since I saw them play for the first time about 9 years ago!!

Elliott: The Jaugernaut played well in the tourney and Bemidji should be proud!!!!

Sats81: A modern day record that may never be beaten!!!
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

nahc wrote:and back to the topic........ Late hit - yup, should have probably been a penalty - yup, worse non-call of the tourney - nope, fans/schools getting on one another - yep, kids playing their hearts out - yep, McGoverns Packed all day for the tourney - yep, record setting attendance for both the A and AA tourneys - yep, lots of opinions on each game on this blog - heck Ya.........

That sums the tourney up for me. Karl - Am a Hounds fan for life!! Have been since I saw them play for the first time about 9 years ago!!

Elliott: The Jaugernaut played well in the tourney and Bemidji should be proud!!!!

I don't know if the record setting crowds were on-topic, but as long as you went there...was it just me, or were there noticeably fewer exhibitors at the Let's Play Hockey exhibit? Aisles seemed wider, and the Wild were sitting on a lot of the real estate.
Two minutes for...embellishment (ding!)
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

nahc wrote:and back to the topic........ Late hit - yup, should have probably been a penalty - yup, worse non-call of the tourney - nope, fans/schools getting on one another - yep, kids playing their hearts out - yep, McGoverns Packed all day for the tourney - yep, record setting attendance for both the A and AA tourneys - yep, lots of opinions on each game on this blog - heck Ya.........

I am sure this has already been touched on somewhere, but I think if Bemidji could have weathered the storm in the first 5 mins of the Edina game they win. (I felt this way before the game too, but I had a strong feeling the bright lights of the X may cause a little panic for a team making their first appearance in decades) Regardless, they showed a lot of character and toughness battling back and getting themselves into the game. I think they have a good group and wouldn't be surprised one bit to see them back next year and doing some damage.
Sk8 Str8

Post by Sk8 Str8 »

nahc
Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:34 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bluewhitefan: I beleive there were about 19,000 spectators who were saying F Edina but maybe not verbally.....!! When was the last time you saw that many fans at one time stand and cheer an Edina goal...... NOT!!!! Any the Edina "fans" were using a lot more expletives than any DE, North, or other fans watching the game. I just don't whine about it. You'll get your chance next year....... this year though belonged to the Panthers....... 31-0........ as the chant goes "Score board, score board"
Actually in last years State Championship...everybody watching started the game as North fans because the were playing Edina...but before halfway through that game the Hornets had more fans than they have ever had (or probably will ever have again)...