Coaching Openings 2015-16

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
BP
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

Coaching Openings 2015-16

Post by BP » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:22 am

And so it begins! Offical off-season. I did this last year and will do it again. I'll update the new coach when they are announced:

1) Orono---Mark Parrish
2) St. Paul Academy-Matt Funk
3) Hastings--Adam Welch
4) Mounds View-Scott Brokaw
5) Greenway-Grant Clafton
6) Lakeville South-AJ Bucchino
7) Monticello/Annandale/Maple Lake-
8) Spring Lake Park-Scott Steffen
9) Grand Rapids-Trent Klatt
10) Providence Academy-Billy Hengen
11) Highland Park-Pat Auran
12) New Ulm-Ryan Neuman
13) International Falls-Terry Thompson
14) Cambridge-Isanti-Chris Sylvester
15) St. Cloud Cathedral-Derrick Brown
16) East Grand Forks-
17) Luverne-
Last edited by BP on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 27 times in total.

BP
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

Post by BP » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:32 am

Mounds View and Orono added.

kpryan88
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:06 pm

Post by kpryan88 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:46 am

Is Sager coming back next year? :lol:

DrGaf
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Post by DrGaf » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:40 pm

I suppose St Paul Academy is on this list as well.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.

jg2112
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:36 am

Re: Coaching Openings 2015-16

Post by jg2112 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:45 pm

BP wrote:And so it begins! Offical off-season. I did this last year and will do it again. I'll update the new coach when they are announced:

1) Hastings----
2) Mounds View----
3) Orono----Not sure if the coach came back? I think this is open as well.
What? Where is MV's coach going?

BP
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

Post by BP » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:35 pm

DrGaf wrote:I suppose St Paul Academy is on this list as well.
Good point. Added.

wbmd
Posts: 3823
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:51 pm

Post by wbmd » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:26 pm

kpryan88 wrote:Is Sager coming back next year? :lol:
Yes - Sager is returning to coach White Bear next season.

meat
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:56 pm

Re: Coaching Openings 2015-16

Post by meat » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:12 pm

[quote="jg2112"][quote="BP"]And so it begins! Offical off-season. I did this last year and will do it again. I'll update the new coach when they are announced:

1) Hastings----
2) Mounds View----
3) Orono----Not sure if the coach came back? I think this is open as well.[/quote]

What? Where is MV's coach going?[/quote]


Running away! I've heard the parents are as bad as it gets @ MV... it's a shame.

greenway1969
Posts: 792
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:29 am

Post by greenway1969 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Greenway can be added to the list. This had been rumored for most the last part of the season. A former Greenway standout has been rumored to be interested in the opening. We'll see if that's true fairly quickly.

bemused
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:20 am

Post by bemused » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:22 am

greenway1969 wrote:Greenway can be added to the list. This had been rumored for most the last part of the season. A former Greenway standout has been rumored to be interested in the opening. We'll see if that's true fairly quickly.
Any chance the new coach would be continuing a family tradition?

BP
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

Post by BP » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:24 am

greenway1969 wrote:Greenway can be added to the list. This had been rumored for most the last part of the season. A former Greenway standout has been rumored to be interested in the opening. We'll see if that's true fairly quickly.
Added. Thanks.

greenway1969
Posts: 792
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:29 am

Post by greenway1969 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:13 am

bemused wrote:
greenway1969 wrote:Greenway can be added to the list. This had been rumored for most the last part of the season. A former Greenway standout has been rumored to be interested in the opening. We'll see if that's true fairly quickly.
Any chance the new coach would be continuing a family tradition?
Haven't heard any rumors along that line. Anything is possible at this point.

Defensive Zone
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Defensive Zone » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:21 pm

Heard from my "pop" friends that Weber from Lakeville South is gone. Anybody heard the same?

Sats81
Posts: 2732
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:41 pm

Defensive Zone wrote:Heard from my "pop" friends that Weber from Lakeville South is gone. Anybody heard the same?
Have heard the same. Blown away by this. South better hire a big name if they wanna keep their talent. Wonder if this sways Swainey to stay?

BP
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

Post by BP » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:18 pm

Lakeville South added. Posted on MSHSL website.

Some potentially good jobs out there for the right candidate......

57special
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by 57special » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:47 am

Is being a HS hockey coach actually a good job, now?

There's no money. It used to be you'd get some respect and standing in the community, but now it seems that is getting to be the case less and less.

almostashappy
Posts: 930
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:07 pm

Post by almostashappy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:54 am

57special wrote:Is being a HS hockey coach actually a good job, now?

There's no money. It used to be you'd get some respect and standing in the community, but now it seems that is getting to be the case less and less.

There's certainly more money available to hire certain coaches at certain locations. All you need is a group of deep-pocket parents that control the local booster/blue line club and believe, like sats, that they "better hire a big name if they wanna keep their talent."

Or, more specifically, "The AD better hire a big name coach, or else I'm going to take my kid's talent elsewhere."

Sad, really.
Two minutes for...embellishment (ding!)

Sats81
Posts: 2732
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:05 pm

almostashappy wrote:
57special wrote:Is being a HS hockey coach actually a good job, now?

There's no money. It used to be you'd get some respect and standing in the community, but now it seems that is getting to be the case less and less.

There's certainly more money available to hire certain coaches at certain locations. All you need is a group of deep-pocket parents that control the local booster/blue line club and believe, like sats, that they "better hire a big name if they wanna keep their talent."

Or, more specifically, "The AD better hire a big name coach, or else I'm going to take my kid's talent elsewhere."

Sad, really.
Its reality. Gonna be a long time before Eagan is relevant again. That's for sure.

almostashappy
Posts: 930
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:07 pm

Post by almostashappy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:34 pm

Sats81 wrote:
almostashappy wrote:
57special wrote:Is being a HS hockey coach actually a good job, now?

There's no money. It used to be you'd get some respect and standing in the community, but now it seems that is getting to be the case less and less.

There's certainly more money available to hire certain coaches at certain locations. All you need is a group of deep-pocket parents that control the local booster/blue line club and believe, like sats, that they "better hire a big name if they wanna keep their talent."

Or, more specifically, "The AD better hire a big name coach, or else I'm going to take my kid's talent elsewhere."

Sad, really.
Its reality. Gonna be a long time before Eagan is relevant again. That's for sure.
Nice off-topic snide remark, befitting a troll of your high stature. Unless, of course, you wish to insist that Eagan lost its relevance and won't regain it for a long time because it lacks a "big name coach"?

That would be an interesting argument, since we had the same coach this year that we had over the five previous 20-win seasons, with three trips to the Tourney.

Oh, if only sats was in charge of doling out the "Coach of the Year" awards...we all know that he's better qualified to decide that than the coach's association! :roll:
Two minutes for...embellishment (ding!)

Sats81
Posts: 2732
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:30 pm

almostashappy wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
almostashappy wrote:
57special wrote:Is being a HS hockey coach actually a good job, now?

There's no money. It used to be you'd get some respect and standing in the community, but now it seems that is getting to be the case less and less.

There's certainly more money available to hire certain coaches at certain locations. All you need is a group of deep-pocket parents that control the local booster/blue line club and believe, like sats, that they "better hire a big name if they wanna keep their talent."

Or, more specifically, "The AD better hire a big name coach, or else I'm going to take my kid's talent elsewhere."

Sad, really.
Its reality. Gonna be a long time before Eagan is relevant again. That's for sure.
Nice off-topic snide remark, befitting a troll of your high stature. Unless, of course, you wish to insist that Eagan lost its relevance and won't regain it for a long time because it lacks a "big name coach"?

That would be an interesting argument, since we had the same coach this year that we had over the five previous 20-win seasons, with three trips to the Tourney.

Oh, if only sats was in charge of doling out the "Coach of the Year" awards...we all know that he's better qualified to decide that than the coach's association! :roll:
True or True?

team22tank
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:52 am

Post by team22tank » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:31 pm

almostashappy wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
almostashappy wrote:
57special wrote:Is being a HS hockey coach actually a good job, now?

There's no money. It used to be you'd get some respect and standing in the community, but now it seems that is getting to be the case less and less.

There's certainly more money available to hire certain coaches at certain locations. All you need is a group of deep-pocket parents that control the local booster/blue line club and believe, like sats, that they "better hire a big name if they wanna keep their talent."

Or, more specifically, "The AD better hire a big name coach, or else I'm going to take my kid's talent elsewhere."

Sad, really.
Its reality. Gonna be a long time before Eagan is relevant again. That's for sure.
Nice off-topic snide remark, befitting a troll of your high stature. Unless, of course, you wish to insist that Eagan lost its relevance and won't regain it for a long time because it lacks a "big name coach"?

That would be an interesting argument, since we had the same coach this year that we had over the five previous 20-win seasons, with three trips to the Tourney.

Oh, if only sats was in charge of doling out the "Coach of the Year" awards...we all know that he's better qualified to decide that than the coach's association! :roll:
Wait, wait, Eigner is a big name coach? :lol: That is actually pretty funny. We will see how does next year when there is one remaining triplet left. It will probably be similar to his first year or two.

Eagan will be fine. Don't know if they will get back to where they were the last few years but they will be competitive. Taylor is a pretty good coach. He can certainly do more with less than, tight pants can.

Sats81
Posts: 2732
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:47 pm

team22tank wrote:
almostashappy wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
almostashappy wrote:
57special wrote:Is being a HS hockey coach actually a good job, now?

There's no money. It used to be you'd get some respect and standing in the community, but now it seems that is getting to be the case less and less.

There's certainly more money available to hire certain coaches at certain locations. All you need is a group of deep-pocket parents that control the local booster/blue line club and believe, like sats, that they "better hire a big name if they wanna keep their talent."

Or, more specifically, "The AD better hire a big name coach, or else I'm going to take my kid's talent elsewhere."

Sad, really.
Its reality. Gonna be a long time before Eagan is relevant again. That's for sure.
Nice off-topic snide remark, befitting a troll of your high stature. Unless, of course, you wish to insist that Eagan lost its relevance and won't regain it for a long time because it lacks a "big name coach"?

That would be an interesting argument, since we had the same coach this year that we had over the five previous 20-win seasons, with three trips to the Tourney.

Oh, if only sats was in charge of doling out the "Coach of the Year" awards...we all know that he's better qualified to decide that than the coach's association! :roll:
Wait, wait, Eigner is a big name coach? :lol: That is actually pretty funny. We will see how does next year when there is one remaining triplet left. It will probably be similar to his first year or two.

Eagan will be fine. Don't know if they will get back to where they were the last few years but they will be competitive. Taylor is a pretty good coach. He can certainly do more with less than, tight pants can.
Well, lets be real honest here. OBVIOUSLY not a big name coach like you Mr. JV coach of the year! Did you get your plaque yet? Yeah. Lets see how LN does next year. Still will have 2 D1 recruits with for sure 2 more commits by the time season rolls around. Don't be surprised if they are playing in another state championship game. Taylor can do less with more hah? Wasn't the group with Merchant, Zajac, May, etc playing consolation games at Mariucci?

Whiner33
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Whiner33 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:53 pm

Sats who are your candidates for the LS job?

team22tank
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:52 am

Post by team22tank » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Sats81 wrote:
team22tank wrote:
almostashappy wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
almostashappy wrote:
57special wrote:Is being a HS hockey coach actually a good job, now?

There's no money. It used to be you'd get some respect and standing in the community, but now it seems that is getting to be the case less and less.

There's certainly more money available to hire certain coaches at certain locations. All you need is a group of deep-pocket parents that control the local booster/blue line club and believe, like sats, that they "better hire a big name if they wanna keep their talent."

Or, more specifically, "The AD better hire a big name coach, or else I'm going to take my kid's talent elsewhere."

Sad, really.
Its reality. Gonna be a long time before Eagan is relevant again. That's for sure.
Nice off-topic snide remark, befitting a troll of your high stature. Unless, of course, you wish to insist that Eagan lost its relevance and won't regain it for a long time because it lacks a "big name coach"?

That would be an interesting argument, since we had the same coach this year that we had over the five previous 20-win seasons, with three trips to the Tourney.

Oh, if only sats was in charge of doling out the "Coach of the Year" awards...we all know that he's better qualified to decide that than the coach's association! :roll:
Wait, wait, Eigner is a big name coach? :lol: That is actually pretty funny. We will see how does next year when there is one remaining triplet left. It will probably be similar to his first year or two.

Eagan will be fine. Don't know if they will get back to where they were the last few years but they will be competitive. Taylor is a pretty good coach. He can certainly do more with less than, tight pants can.
Well, lets be real honest here. OBVIOUSLY not a big name coach like you Mr. JV coach of the year! Did you get your plaque yet? Yeah. Lets see how LN does next year. Still will have 2 D1 recruits with for sure 2 more commits by the time season rolls around. Don't be surprised if they are playing in another state championship game. Taylor can do less with more hah? Wasn't the group with Merchant, Zajac, May, etc playing consolation games at Mariucci?
You are to easy to rile up! I didn't get my plaque yet, they are usually 2-3 years behind on getting the JV ones out! Did you get your "Crazy Blue Line Club Member" plaque yet?

Sats81
Posts: 2732
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Whiner33 wrote:Sats who are your candidates for the LS job?
I've heard Scott Bjugstad and Ryan Kraft's names thrown around. Who knows though. A lot of catching up to do over in Cougar Country.

Post Reply