USNDP Invites

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sats81

USNDP Invites

Post by Sats81 »

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/college ... hockey-99s

Few omissions I am surprised by....Josh Ess, Lakeville South, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Jack Olsen from Lakeville South a 99 too?
The Exiled One

Re: USNDP Invites

Post by The Exiled One »

Sats81 wrote:http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/college ... hockey-99s

Few omissions I am surprised by....Josh Ess, Lakeville South, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Jack Olsen from Lakeville South a 99 too?
Something tells me that's not the one you're really surprised by. ;)

HINT: The subject of Youth Hockey Hub's cover photo was not extended an invitation.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

The Exiled One wrote:

HINT: The subject of Youth Hockey Hub's cover photo was not extended an invitation.
Yeah, I think they knew there was little to no chance he would have played there if he made the team anyway. Why waste an invite on him then?
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Minnesotans...

Jake Begley, Goaltender, Mahtomedi, Minn., Hill-Murray School
Grant Mismash, Forward, Edina, Minn., Shattuck-St. Mary's
Austin Pratt, Forward, Lakeville, Minn., Shattuck-St. Mary's
Scott Ready, Forward, Prior Lake, Minn., Shattuck-St. Mary's
Marko Reifenberger, Forward, Hasting, Minn., Hill-Murray School
Baron Thompson, Forward, Lakeville, Minn., Omaha Lancers
Mike Anderson, Defenseman, Roseville, Minn., Hill-Murray School
Nate Knoepke, Defenseman, Farmington, Minn., Lakeville High School
Connor Mayer, Defenseman, Champlin, Minn., Benilde-St. Margaret's
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

I think Scott Reedy would look really nice in a LN sweater next season! I wonder if the earth would completely shatter if that occurred?!? Austin Pratt wouldn't look bad either!
bemused

Post by bemused »

Sats81 wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:

Yeah, I think they knew there was little to no chance he would have played there if he made the team anyway. Why waste an invite on him then?

Perfect!!!
thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker »

From Farmington but at Lakeville. Member of the state champ?
8-TIME weekly & 2-Time Season Pick Em Champ
oldman70

Post by oldman70 »

Anyone surprised Matt Anderson from Holy family didn't get an invite?
Last edited by oldman70 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

thespellchecker wrote:From Farmington but at Lakeville. Member of the state champ?
No, played at Lakeville South. Wait, does South recruit?!? :P
Karma 29

Post by Karma 29 »

Sats81 wrote:
thespellchecker wrote:From Farmington but at Lakeville. Member of the state champ?
They are more discrete about it. Unlike you. It's not hard to figure out where the boys get their smart mouth, is it!!!
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

In terms of the offered MSHSL Dmen , Mike Anderson of course is most deserving. I havent seen Knoepkne but heard nothing but great things about him so Im assuming he would consensus rank 2nd of the MSHSL kids.

In terms of non offered MSHSL 99 Dmen, it seems to me Olsen(who I didnt see but put up huge points and had rave reviews ), Edina Phillips, and and HF Matt Anderson all outperformed offered BSM Mayer this season. ( I saw Phillips, Matt Anderson and Mayer play several times. ) Dont know what other personal factors are involved there Also, I guess there can only be so many offers extended to MSHSL Dmen.

Yes, seems very weird to see Reifenburger offered and Ryan Poehling not.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

WestMetro wrote:In terms of the offered MSHSL Dmen , Mike Anderson of course is most deserving. I havent seen Knoepkne but heard nothing but great things about him so Im assuming he would consensus rank 2nd of the MSHSL kids.

In terms of non offered MSHSL 99 Dmen, it seems to me Olsen(who I didnt see but put up huge points and had rave reviews ), Edina Phillips, and and HF Matt Anderson all outperformed offered BSM Mayer this season. ( I saw Phillips, Matt Anderson and Mayer play several times. ) Dont know what other personal factors are involved there Also, I guess there can only be so many offers extended to MSHSL Dmen.

Yes, seems very weird to see Reifenburger offered and Ryan Poehling not.
Olsen played forward this yr
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Karma 29 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
They are more discrete about it. Unlike you. It's not hard to figure out where the boys get their smart mouth, is it!!!
Not sure what this means?!? Of course you are the guy who started a poll taking guesses on how soon I would return to the forum after the state title win!
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Both Hub and Bantam Elite league rosters mistakenly showed Olsen as Dman?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

WestMetro wrote:Both Hub and Bantam Elite league rosters mistakenly showed Olsen as Dman?
He has played D his whole life. This past winter on the HS team at South he played on the first line as a forward with Swaney and Oelrich.
GopherHockey

Post by GopherHockey »

Sats81 wrote:I think Scott Reedy would look really nice in a LN sweater next season! I wonder if the earth would completely shatter if that occurred?!? Austin Pratt wouldn't look bad either!
Isn't Reedy from Prior Lake?
green4

Post by green4 »

GopherHockey wrote:
Sats81 wrote:I think Scott Reedy would look really nice in a LN sweater next season! I wonder if the earth would completely shatter if that occurred?!? Austin Pratt wouldn't look bad either!
Isn't Reedy from Prior Lake?
Yes
Sticks24

Post by Sticks24 »

No. Reedy's live in the Lakeville South school area. Played mites in Lakeville and then Fire, until his brother open enrolled to PL in 9th grade and then he open enrolled as well.

Jack Olsen has played forward and defense throughout his youth hockey. First year bantams and the majority of this season on the high school team, he was a forward. But for Advanced 15's he played D. Very gifted hockey player that is very comfortable playing both.
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

Sats81 wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:

A slim to none chance at a kid joining their program never stopped them from inviting kids before.
fastncrash

Sorry....

Post by fastncrash »

Sorry, but I just find this REALLY humorous!... as the USNTDP.

Quinn Hughes, Defenseman, Mississauga, Ont., Toronto Marlboros
mnhockey47

Post by mnhockey47 »

Wouldn't surprise me to see Begley leave early and play for them.
BP

Re: Sorry....

Post by BP »

fastncrash wrote:Sorry, but I just find this REALLY humorous!... as the USNTDP.

I'm sure he's an American, who moved to Toronto to play for the Marlies.
Whiner33

Re: Sorry....

Post by Whiner33 »

BP wrote:
fastncrash wrote:Sorry, but I just find this REALLY humorous!... as the USNTDP.

I'm sure he's an American, who moved to Toronto to play for the Marlies.
Yes he is. His dad works for the Leafs.
bemused

Post by bemused »

mnhockey47 wrote:Wouldn't surprise me to see Begley leave early and play for them.

Pretty sure they pick goalies well over 6' for pro potential..not sure he fits the profile..he's certainly good enough..probably the reason the South Metro All Stars were able to get Edquist..they did invite one who's 5'9" this year..but his mom was the first woman to play in the NHL..also a goalie..
Sauce

Post by Sauce »

oldman70 wrote:Anyone surprised Matt Anderson from Holy family didn't get an invite?
Doesn't mean Anderson/Poehling etc. were not invited...some players do decline. Especially those already committed to a college, a big carrot for those attending is the exposure.