Ted Brill Great 8 rosters are out.

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mazak55

Ted Brill Great 8 rosters are out.

Post by Mazak55 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:46 pm

It should be a fun tournament to watch. Some of the state's best players will be going head to head. It's always fun to see players playing with different line mates.

green4

Post by green4 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:14 pm

urban iceman

Post by urban iceman » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:57 am

Looks like a 6and7 domination!

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:49 am

Isn't this normally for players who aren't committed? Anyone know how Christiano Versich got himself in there?

Also, zero Edina players. Does Giles not nominate anyone? They certainly had a few uncommitted seniors who are good enough.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:55 pm

Kind of surprised to see Alty in there from LVN.

Thought his hockey career was over with their undefeated championship season. Doesnt he have baseball D1 locked up already? Why risking a hockey injury?

(Agree with other questions also....)

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:15 pm

WestMetro wrote:Kind of surprised to see Alty in there from LVN.

Thought his hockey career was over with their undefeated championship season. Doesnt he have baseball D1 locked up already? Why risking a hockey injury?

He has gotten quite a bit of hockey interest over the last few months. I think if someone were to offer him to try and play both it would happen.

pioneers

Post by pioneers » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:53 pm

karl(east) wrote:Isn't this normally for players who aren't committed? Anyone know how Christiano Versich got himself in there?

Also, zero Edina players. Does Giles not nominate anyone? They certainly had a few uncommitted seniors who are good enough.
They changed the rules a couple of years ago. They now take kids even if they have a commitment.
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions

HOCKEYDRIVER

Post by HOCKEYDRIVER » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:31 pm

Which team Christiano V make ?

InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:06 am

Sats81 wrote:

He has gotten quite a bit of hockey interest over the last few months. I think if someone were to offer him to try and play both it would happen.
Last time I checked, Nebraska did not have Hockey!! I dont think he will be backing out of his scholarship to play baseball at Nebraska.

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:32 am

InYourFace09 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:

Last time I checked, Nebraska did not have Hockey!! I dont think he will be backing out of his scholarship to play baseball at Nebraska.
I NEVER said they did. There are SEVERAL D1 hockey schools who are interested in him playing both. The problem is these schools don't have D1 baseball, (D2 baseball schools). What I should have said to clarify a little further for people such as yourself is: "If a school who has both D1 hockey and D1 baseball were to offer him there is a good chance it would happen". This is NOT to say there haven't been schools who offer both sports at the D1 level haven't expressed interest. Make sense?

InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:49 am

Sats81 wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:

I NEVER said they did. There are SEVERAL D1 hockey schools who are interested in him playing both. The problem is these schools don't have D1 baseball, (D2 baseball schools). What I should have said to clarify a little further for people such as yourself is: "If a school who has both D1 hockey and D1 baseball were to offer him there is a good chance it would happen". This is NOT to say there haven't been schools who offer both sports at the D1 level haven't expressed interest. Make sense?
I "assumed" he had signed an LOI at Nebraska, but after looking into it more he has just verbally committed there. Since you seem to be in the now of Lakeville North, SCSU and Mankato would come to mind as strong D2 Baseball programs.

And by the way, hockey is still going and baseball has started up, dont think it would work out too well with the schedule. Missing 20 baseball games before hockey is over with.

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:02 am

Last time I checked, Nebraska did not have Hockey!!
It won't be long.