Mr. Hockey 2016

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

@hockeytweet

Post by @hockeytweet »

1. Riley Tufte, Forward, Blaine High School (Committed to Minnesota Duluth)
2. Michael Graham, Forward, Eden Prairie High School (Committed to Notre Dame)
3. Mitchell Mattson, Forward, Grand Rapids High School (Committed to North Dakota)
4. Casey Staum, Defenseman, Hill-Murray School (Committed to Nebraska Omaha)
5. Will Garin, Forward, Holy Family Catholic (Committed to Connecticut)
6. Chase Ellingson, Forward, Breck School (Uncommitted)
7. Tyler Jette, Defenseman, Farmington High School (Uncommitted)
Of interest: Graham vs Jette in Farmington tonight I see. If a D is going to have a chance at Mr Hockey-he better darn well be able to slow down a player of Graham's caliber. Unfortunately, Graham has Mittelstadt feeding him the puck. So Jette will have his work cut out for him.
WCHBlog

Post by WCHBlog »

InYourFace09 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
gopherman23 wrote:I got a feeling Noterman wins it this year. He was great in the Elite League, and he looks awesome to start the season, so far.
Taking nothing away from him, but regardless whether he has a HUGE year or not, he is on same team as Tufte who is likely the favorite and writers/voters etc won't give him the attention he deserves bc of this.
If Noterman finishes with more pointst than Tufte, I don't see how the award will go to Tufte. It would go to Graham or someone else who leads their team in points, Graham is no lock either with Middlestadt.
Long-term potential is higher on the list of voting criteria than who racks up the most cheap points vs. Coon Rapids or Osseo.
gopherman23

Post by gopherman23 »

Notermann with 15 points in 3 games. Even though it was against cupcakes, still impressive nonetheless. Tufte has 13 points with 7 goals.

Schedule toughens up for Blaine starting Saturday in Edina.
HockeyonFire

Mr. Hockey 2016

Post by HockeyonFire »

I would say the favorites are in this order- Riley Tufte, Michael Graham, Mitchell Matson, Will Garin, AND Chase Ellingson. Garin five goals, seven points in the last three games played.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

It's a points race with many of the nominations and Ellingson might be a nominee but pro scouts have input in naming the Mr. Hockey so it will help to be on that central scouting list (like Tufte and Graham). With his start and the focus Mittlestadt draws it seems Tufte will be the favorite.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Mittlestadt is best HS hockey player in mn. Hands down. No argument for anyone else. Sorry. Will be 1st.rnd nhl draft pick.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

The subject of this thread is Mr Hockey 2016. I thought Juniors such as Mittelstadt are not eligible for the 2016 Mr Hockey award. Maybe I missed something.
Last edited by WarmUpTheBus on Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

WarmUpTheBus wrote:The subject of this thread is Mr Hockey 2016. Juniors such as Mittelstadt are not eligible for the 2016 Mr Hockey award. Maybe I missed something.
He is accelerating.
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

Sats81 wrote:
WarmUpTheBus wrote:The subject of this thread is Mr Hockey 2016. Juniors such as Mittelstadt are not eligible for the 2016 Mr Hockey award. Maybe I missed something.
He is accelerating.
That is confirmed?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

InYourFace09 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
He is accelerating.
That is confirmed?
Tony Scott says no. I have heard yes from more than one person in the know. Not confirmed but i wouldn't be surprised.

I heard Lucia pushing hard to get him in Maroon and Gold next year....

Either way I would almost guarantee he isn't playing HS hockey next winter.

Kids an incredible talent.
hockeyfan2612

Post by hockeyfan2612 »

Hermantown defenseman Wyatt Aamodt has 4 points in 3 games against quality teams. He had 32 points last year so those numbers will likely improve. I see him being a finalist but I cant remember the last time a defenseman won this award.
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

hockeyfan2612 wrote:Hermantown defenseman Wyatt Aamodt has 4 points in 3 games against quality teams. He had 32 points last year so those numbers will likely improve. I see him being a finalist but I cant remember the last time a defenseman won this award.
2009 Nick Leddy?
hockeyfan2612

Post by hockeyfan2612 »

Traxler wrote:
hockeyfan2612 wrote:Hermantown defenseman Wyatt Aamodt has 4 points in 3 games against quality teams. He had 32 points last year so those numbers will likely improve. I see him being a finalist but I cant remember the last time a defenseman won this award.
2009 Nick Leddy?
6 years is a long time....
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

hockeyfan2612 wrote:
Traxler wrote:
2009 Nick Leddy?
6 years is a long time....
The award has a history of going in streaks like that though. From 2005 to 2010 all the winners were defensemen if I remember right. Brian Lee ('05), Fischer ('06), McDonough ('07), Ness ('08), and Leddy('09).
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

I'm sure you think your hometown boy is a lead candidate HF2612. Based on my count the Hawks are 4 games in against decent teams so let's start pumping now? Each and every one of your posts is Hermantown related fluff. I caught the stream of the Hawks vs Trojans. One of those 4 points was a phantom assist (love those to discredit some of the focus on points) and the other was a assist on the empty netter. Maybe you can help Coach Plante find another A for the class they play in instead of As for the score sheet. :oops:
gopherman23

Post by gopherman23 »

Tufte is on pace for 52 goals. :shock: He is the guy to beat at this point. Garin has had a good start to the season as well. If Casey accelerates, he'll be in the discussion. Notermann will probably be a finalist as well.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

I think Chase Ellingson could emerge as favorite.

It would be tough for voters to pick between Tufte and Noternan, or for that matter between Graham and CM if he accelerates. As far as Mattson, he also had too many stars on that team. As far as Garin, could be some leftover issues from the end of last season.

Ellingson will put up huge points, is non controversial, a vote for the finesse player, and haven't had an A class winner for over a decade I think.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

WestMetro wrote:I think Chase Ellingson could emerge as favorite.

It would be tough for voters to pick between Tufte and Noternan, or for that matter between Graham and CM if he accelerates. As far as Mattson, he also had too many stars on that team. As far as Garin, could be some leftover issues from the end of last season.

Ellingson will put up huge points, is non controversial, a vote for the finesse player, and haven't had an A class winner for over a decade I think.
Ellingson literally has 0% chance of winning West Metry. No chance for Garin either. Finalists maybe. Zero chance of winning. I don't think Mattson's issue is gonna be too many stars. I think its gonna be disappearing for parts of games. For God's sake Klatt sat him several shifts saturday against West Metry's Favorite team from 2015, LN.

It's a 2 horse race between Tufte and Graham. Time to start your twitter stalking WM. :lol: :lol:
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

Zero chance. This is a one horse race with Tufte running away with it already. Tough for voters to pick from Tufte and Noterman, cmon there is no comparison. I have seen Tufte three times this year and he is without a doubt the most dominating senior I have seen in a long time. Good luck to all the players but Tufte is in his own class.
green4

Post by green4 »

ThePuckStopsHere wrote:

Zero chance. This is a one horse race with Tufte running away with it already. Tough for voters to pick from Tufte and Noterman, cmon there is no comparison. I have seen Tufte three times this year and he is without a doubt the most dominating senior I have seen in a long time. Good luck to all the players but Tufte is in his own class.
I mean, I would vote for Tufte right now, but Notermann does have more points at the moment.
HSHockeyFan08

Post by HSHockeyFan08 »

[quote="ThePuckStopsHere"][quote="WestMetro"]I think Chase Ellingson could emerge as favorite.

Ellingson will put up huge points, is non controversial, a vote for the finesse player, and haven't had an A class winner for over a decade I think.[/quote]

Zero chance. This is a one horse race with Tufte running away with it already. Tough for voters to pick from Tufte and Noterman, cmon there is no comparison. I have seen Tufte three times this year and he is without a doubt the most dominating senior I have seen in a long time. Good luck to all the players but Tufte is in his own class.[/quote]

Tufte isn't even close to Bjugstad at that age.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

green4 wrote:
ThePuckStopsHere wrote:

I mean, I would vote for Tufte right now, but Notermann does have more points at the moment.
Unfortunately for him, that doesn't really matter as he is not on any Central Scouting list. Tufte has way too much hype (much deserved) for anyone other than Graham to touch him at this point.
green4

Post by green4 »

Sats81 wrote:
green4 wrote:
ThePuckStopsHere wrote: Zero chance. This is a one horse race with Tufte running away with it already. Tough for voters to pick from Tufte and Noterman, cmon there is no comparison. I have seen Tufte three times this year and he is without a doubt the most dominating senior I have seen in a long time. Good luck to all the players but Tufte is in his own class.
Unfortunately for him, that doesn't really matter as he is not on any Central Scouting list. Tufte has way too much hype (much deserved) for anyone other than Graham to touch him at this point.
Yeah, I don't think Notermann has a chance to win, but I could see other players getting votes because Tufte does not lead his team in points. Much like Malmquist last year with Wait posting similar numbers to him.
The reason I still would vote for Tufte regardless is who else do you vote for? Garin scores most his points against weak competition, Mattson can disappear for long stretches and Graham might end up with the least amount of points on his own line.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

green4 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
green4 wrote: I mean, I would vote for Tufte right now, but Notermann does have more points at the moment.
Yeah, I don't think Notermann has a chance to win, but I could see other players getting votes because Tufte does not lead his team in points. Much like Malmquist last year with Wait posting similar numbers to him.
The reason I still would vote for Tufte regardless is who else do you vote for? Garin scores most his points against weak competition, Mattson can disappear for long stretches and Graham might end up with the least amount of points on his own line.
Agreed.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Well Green 4 , your very logical post just made my case for me." Who else do you vote for?" -- Ellingson.