Mr. Hockey 2016

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

With Tufte, Swaney, Wait, Becker, Tweeten all likely gone, Graham has to be the front runner. Especially being on EP as they are my pick for state champs too.
Imported from MN

Post by Imported from MN »

Tufte stays and wins it.

My bet is he plays pre and post for the Force.
Why leave if you don't have the need? Modeled after Bjustad right..?
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Some players have really kicked off Elite League well. Max Johnson is playing and dominating on a line with Mittelstadt (a HS Jr). Ellingson is killing it for Team NW. As always, I'm going to try to predict my ten finalists before the start of the HS season. Meanwhile, below is a select list of top candidates in alphabetical order...

Wyatt Aamodt, Hermantown
Koby Bender, Cloquet
Jonah Bischoff, Grand Rapids
Jackson Cates, Stillwater
Shay Donovan, Duluth East
Chase Ellingson, Breck
Will Garin, Holy Family
Michael Graham, EP
Tyler Jette, Farmington
Max Johnson, LVN
Grant Loven, EGF
Luke Notermann, Blaine
Zach Risteau, BSM
John Siebenaler, Farmington
Brendan Skarda, Minnetonka
Jason Smallidge, STA
Chaz Smedsrud, Luverne
Casey Staum, Hill-Murray
Riley Tufte, Blaine
Tanner Tweeten, EGF

I'm still not sure about the status for Graham, Tufte, and Bender. The rest should all be sticking around.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Bender/garin/Bischoff/and the two Blaine kids.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Good comprehensive list. I notice you dropped Matson compared to your previous list, have I missed something on his status? Anyway, Graham will be the favorite to win if he has a good season, although junior Middlestat is even better.
Ellingson, Garin, and Tufte will be in the mix
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

WestMetro wrote:I notice you dropped Matson compared to your previous list, have I missed something on his status?
Pretty sure he'll be in Bloomington-USHL all season, at least from what I've been told.
lovethisgame

Post by lovethisgame »

Still drool about Grahams goal versus Blaine in the tourney last year. Special player
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

XO and others

There goes GR from top 10 ratings and Section 7 favorite.
Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 »

lovethisgame wrote:Still drool about Grahams goal versus Blaine in the tourney last year. Special player
Decommitted from UMD
lovethisgame

Post by lovethisgame »

Bonin2121 wrote:
lovethisgame wrote:Still drool about Grahams goal versus Blaine in the tourney last year. Special player
Decommitted from UMD
Any idea where he ends up, or why he decommited??
Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 »

Read something about a coaching change. I'm hoping the Gophers.
kniven

Post by kniven »

The Exiled One wrote:
WestMetro wrote:I notice you dropped Matson compared to your previous list, have I missed something on his status?
Pretty sure he'll be in Bloomington-USHL all season, at least from what I've been told.
So does anybody know for certain if Mattson will be back in Rapids this winter?
hadenuf

Post by hadenuf »

Mattson will be back for Rapids.
kniven

Post by kniven »

hadenuf wrote:Mattson will be back for Rapids.
Good to hear :)
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Now assuming that Mattson will be back and Tufte and Graham are gone, the favorites are starting to emerge a bit. Considering performance and hype, Mattson is the front-runner at the moment. However, I think this race is way more wide open than in recent years.

I dare not shorten the list above yet, but in my mind, it's gone from 20 to about 15 (and that's accounting for the addition of Ash Altmann). Predicting the top ten will be a challenge, but I'm reasonably certain the eventual winner will be included on my list.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Koby Bender apparently is undecided whether he will come back to Cloquet for his senior season or play NAHL all season with the Wilderness. Make a choice, make a difference, and no regrets. Good luck Koby in whatever you decide.
kniven

Post by kniven »

kniven wrote:Koby Bender apparently is undecided whether he will come back to Cloquet for his senior season or play NAHL all season with the Wilderness. Make a choice, make a difference, and no regrets. Good luck Koby in whatever you decide.
Just confirmed. Koby Bender will not be coming back to high school hockey. He will skate with the Wilderness for their entire season.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

XO- what new info on Graham and Tufte?
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Surprised about Bender and a bit disappointing for the Jacks. I'll still say Graham is back at EP but Tufte is unlikely. Adding Altman to the list is good but not so sure about all the others from East especially when skipping over Dow. I don't put Mattson as the lead horse even if Graham stays in Fargo just hasn't been overly impressive at least thinking back to April and May. And on the GR front what's the deal with Bischoff? Is he hurt or just not playing much in the "Elite" League?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Graham decommits from UMD, commits to Notre Dame...
green4

Post by green4 »

Here is the article about Graham switching his commitment, it also mentions how he is leaving Eden Prarie for the year

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/college ... ff-jackson
hockeyboy22

Post by hockeyboy22 »

Grahm is coming back the article has it wrong as he is up there for the fall and coming back for the high school season.
herbst20

Post by herbst20 »

Got it straight from the horse's mouth last night.

Mitchell Mattsen told me he is heading back to Minnesota next weekend and will in fact play high school hockey.

I had a nice little chat with him when he was in the PK box last night in Cedar Rapids. I work as an off ice official.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

herbst20 wrote:Got it straight from the horse's mouth last night.

Mitchell Mattsen told me he is heading back to Minnesota next weekend and will in fact play high school hockey.

I had a nice little chat with him when he was in the PK box last night in Cedar Rapids. I work as an off ice official.
Thanks for sharing, but not really news for GR fans. We've been fortunate to have most high caliber players, if not all of them in the last 15 or more years stay at home. The last high profile player I remember leaving early was defensemen Andrew Downing back in 1998.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

The Exiled One wrote:Some players have really kicked off Elite League well. Max Johnson is playing and dominating on a line with Mittelstadt (a HS Jr). Ellingson is killing it for Team NW. As always, I'm going to try to predict my ten finalists before the start of the HS season. Meanwhile, below is a select list of top candidates in alphabetical order...

Wyatt Aamodt, Hermantown
Koby Bender, Cloquet
Jonah Bischoff, Grand Rapids
Jackson Cates, Stillwater
Shay Donovan, Duluth East
Chase Ellingson, Breck
Will Garin, Holy Family
Michael Graham, EP
Tyler Jette, Farmington
Max Johnson, LVN
Grant Loven, EGF
Luke Notermann, Blaine
Zach Risteau, BSM
John Siebenaler, Farmington
Brendan Skarda, Minnetonka
Jason Smallidge, STA
Chaz Smedsrud, Luverne
Casey Staum, Hill-Murray
Riley Tufte, Blaine
Tanner Tweeten, EGF

I'm still not sure about the status for Graham, Tufte, and Bender. The rest should all be sticking around.
For GR, I would put Bischoff's linemates of Adams and Mattson slightly ahead.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine