Early 2015-16 Tourney Predictions

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:30 pm

Defensive Zone wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Defensive Zone wrote:
nahc wrote:North is still the clear favorite to win 1AA this year.
With the current roster, I would have to agree. But my guess, there will be two to three more players who played a significant roll during the undefeated season leaving to play elsewhere by the start of the next school year. If this happens, all bets are off on a 1AA favorite.
Elaborate...
I really can't. I was just talking to my Lakeville "Pop" buddies the other day and the conversation came up. It was definitely an interesting one. Sorry!
Weak

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:31 pm

minnscout wrote:I can tell there is a top player in Section 1 that will be moving to another section 1 team that will make a major difference.
Who?

thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:07 pm

minnscout wrote:I can tell there is a top player in Section 1 that will be moving to another section 1 team that will make a major difference.
A Rochester school loses another one. Will the goalie brother get a chance to make the team or is he staying back?
8-TIME weekly & 2-Time Season Pick Em Champ

hockey below the cities

Post by hockey below the cities » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:15 am

thespellchecker wrote:
A Rochester school loses another one. Will the goalie brother get a chance to make the team or is he staying back?
I heard the family is moving due to Job and family
that was with my pop buddies also

Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:48 pm

Defensive Zone wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Defensive Zone wrote:
With the current roster, I would have to agree. But my guess, there will be two to three more players who played a significant roll during the undefeated season leaving to play elsewhere by the start of the next school year. If this happens, all bets are off on a 1AA favorite.
Elaborate...
I really can't. I was just talking to my Lakeville "Pop" buddies the other day and the conversation came up. It was definitely an interesting one. Sorry!
Can you say it was Ryan Edquist now that it is public that he signed a tender with the Minnesota Magicians?

Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:38 pm

A tender in the NAHL means little to nothing. What it does mean is a first step away from the Panthers and he won't play the HS "Elite" league season.

ilovemesomehockey

Post by ilovemesomehockey » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Nuts&Bolts wrote:A tender in the NAHL means little to nothing. What it does mean is a first step away from the Panthers and he won't play the HS "Elite" league season.
I predicted that..... Like Ive said before... Hes got nothing else to prove or attain at Lakeville North. And as a transfer you cant really make the case that he has a life long dream to play with his friends/high school buddies. Goalies are and will contine to flock away from mn high school league (even the assoc director's kid left for greener pastures). Nothing in it for them to stay and play 25 games (and thats only if they dont have to throw an underclassman several games) when they can go play twice as many somewhere else. Play more games. Get better coaching. Better shots. More work. Just watch the exodus of goalies continues this year...

ilovemesomehockey

Post by ilovemesomehockey » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:23 pm

Nuts&Bolts wrote:A tender in the NAHL means little to nothing. What it does mean is a first step away from the Panthers and he won't play the HS "Elite" league season.
I cant think of a single goalie that signed a tender last year prior to the season that came back and played HS hockey. My bet is he plays a year in NAHL then off to Division I. Just like Perry.

observer

Post by observer » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:36 pm

Funny. Or 5 years in the NA like Kautz and then D3 or club.

ilovemesomehockey

Post by ilovemesomehockey » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:07 pm

observer wrote:Funny. Or 5 years in the NA like Kautz and then D3 or club.
Maybe. But Kautz didnt have nearly the hype. Guess he will find out. Put up or shut up league. Magicians went thru a lot of goalies last year

Defensive Zone

Post by Defensive Zone » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:39 am

Wblhcky2424 wrote:
Defensive Zone wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Defensive Zone wrote:
Elaborate...
Can you say it was Ryan Edquist now that it is public that he signed a tender with the Minnesota Magicians?
So if Ryan leaves, who is North's next goalie to take over?

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:36 pm

Defensive Zone wrote:
Wblhcky2424 wrote:
Defensive Zone wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Defensive Zone wrote:
Elaborate...
AJ Bucchino.

Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:38 pm

Defensive Zone wrote:
Wblhcky2424 wrote:
Defensive Zone wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Defensive Zone wrote:
Elaborate...
Allen Flaskey?

ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:25 pm

Defensive Zone wrote:
Wblhcky2424 wrote:
Defensive Zone wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Defensive Zone wrote:
Elaborate...
Maybe Weaver will play for LVN since he lost his spot to Edquist :P

ilovemesomehockey

Post by ilovemesomehockey » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:48 pm

ThePuckStopsHere wrote:
Defensive Zone wrote:
Wblhcky2424 wrote:
Defensive Zone wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Defensive Zone wrote:
Elaborate...
Maybe Weaver will play for LVN since he lost his spot to Edquist :P
Im sure they will have no problem finding a shattuck goalie that suddenly hs financial hardship and cant afford the tuition any more 😎

goldy313

Post by goldy313 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:37 pm

goldy313 wrote:I like Farmington in 1AA, they'll actually have to play a section title game with winning in mind Instead of not being put in running time but I think this may be the Tigers year. Nothing against North other than conplacency.
If only I could see the stock market with this clarity......

goldy313

Re: 1AA

Post by goldy313 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:39 pm

Sats81 wrote:
blueblood wrote:Sats81

Care to respond with to goldy123 with one of your blasts?
Sure. There is no chance. How's that? In fact, I wouldn't even pick Farmington over LS.
Then of course thete is this gem :lol:

Eagles93

Post by Eagles93 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:53 pm

TheHockeyDJ wrote:1AA Lakeville North
2AA Eden Prairie
3AA Burnsville
4AA Stillwater
5AA Anoka
6AA Wayzata
7AA Grand Rapids
8AA Bemidji
Holy crap, nice call! 7 of 8 if Stillwater wins.

dherman8

Post by dherman8 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:56 pm

goldy313 wrote:
goldy313 wrote:I like Farmington in 1AA, they'll actually have to play a section title game with winning in mind Instead of not being put in running time but I think this may be the Tigers year. Nothing against North other than conplacency.
If only I could see the stock market with this clarity......
That is pretty impressive, goldy.

warriors41

Re: 1AA

Post by warriors41 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:56 pm

goldy313 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
blueblood wrote:Sats81

Care to respond with to goldy123 with one of your blasts?
Sure. There is no chance. How's that? In fact, I wouldn't even pick Farmington over LS.
Then of course thete is this gem :lol:
He's probably happy he's banned right about now...

dherman8

Post by dherman8 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:57 pm

TheHockeyDJ wrote:1AA Lakeville North
2AA Eden Prairie
3AA Burnsville
4AA Stillwater
5AA Anoka
6AA Wayzata
7AA Grand Rapids
8AA Bemidji
However, this may be even more impressive.

goldy313

Post by goldy313 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:08 pm

7 out of 8 is impressive, especially pulling Anoka out of the hat given Blaine seemed one of the most probable locks in any section.

dherman8

Post by dherman8 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:14 pm

goldy313 wrote:7 out of 8 is impressive, especially pulling Anoka out of the hat given Blaine seemed one of the most probable locks in any section.
There is your new financial advisor. :lol:

HockeyonFire

Post by HockeyonFire » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:23 pm

#3 Grand Rapids
Burnsville

#2 Wayzata
Farmington

#1 Eden Prairie
Anoka

#4 Bemidji
#5 Hill-Murray

Rapids vs. Wayzata