2015 HS Elite League

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

woodstick

Post by woodstick »

Looks like Mittelstadt won't be playing this weekend.
http://www.usahockeyntdp.com/game/show/10950310

Assuming this a short term stint?
hockey below the cities

I need some of what hes smokin or drinkin!!!!

Post by hockey below the cities »

Sats81 wrote:
WestMetro wrote:A possibly overlooked performance in last weekends Elite League action was LVN's Taylor Schneiders hat trick, leading Team CCM to a win over Team Northwest. ( This in spite of 14 minutes in the penalty box.) Schneiders offensive capability is no surprise to many of us who saw him come on strong in 2nd half of last season.

(Many casual fans I talk to first remember all the talent that LVN graduated last year. However, Max Johnson and Ryan Poehling are towards the top of Elite League scoring this year. Enebek has logged 9 points also. Add Schneider to the mix and Panthers have 4 varsity returns with proven elite caliber point production. How many other teams in the state match that, especially now that Michael Graham has decided to stay at Fargo?
Look for Schneiders younger brother (freshman and 2nd year bantam) to play Varsity this year too. Best Bantam I have seen in at least last decade. Has what it takes to be a very special player.
Man I need what hes drinking or smoking...with that talented bunch ...Is there anyone that can beat them?

I mean can teams just play for the runner up trophy?
a team loses its top 2 scorers and top 4 defensemen and top goalie and still this good? I dont think so!!!! Ill bet they are top 3 in SSC!!!!
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Wyatt Aamodt lives by a simple principle . If you come in his zone with the puck, you are going to pay for it. If the puck comes in first and you try to beat him to it, you are going to pay for it. If you stand in the low slot trying for a deflection, you're going to pay for it. All in all, you are going to pay for it during his shift
kniven

Post by kniven »

WestMetro wrote:Wyatt Aamodt lives by a simple principle . If you come in his zone with the puck, you are going to pay for it. If the puck comes in first and you try to beat him to it, you are going to pay for it. If you stand in the low slot trying for a deflection, you're going to pay for it. All in all, you are going to pay for it during his shift
Yes, Wyatt and Hermantown will definitely be in the A championship game this year for sure.
frozenponds

IIT Rosters

Post by frozenponds »

Three MN teams (few ND players in the mix) this year with CCM being a combination of North and Great Plains players, led by Duluth East and Grand Rapids. :wink: Are official rosters posted anywhere yet? Anyone know about the other teams? Tier 1 Black, Gray, Northwoods...?
frozenponds

Re: IIT Rosters

Post by frozenponds »

[quote="frozenponds"]Three MN teams (few ND players in the mix) this year with CCM being a combination of North and Great Plains players, led by Duluth East and Grand Rapids. :wink: Are official rosters posted anywhere yet? Anyone know about the other teams? Tier 1 Black, Gray, Northwoods...?[/quote]

Nevermind on roster posting. Looks like it just went up. Still wondering on those other teams.
OU812

Post by OU812 »

WestMetro wrote:Wyatt Aamodt lives by a simple principle . If you come in his zone with the puck, you are going to pay for it. If the puck comes in first and you try to beat him to it, you are going to pay for it. If you stand in the low slot trying for a deflection, you're going to pay for it. All in all, you are going to pay for it during his shift
Btw, Aamodt signed a tender agreement with the Minot Minotauros this week, on the first day teams were allowed to sign players for the 2016-2017 season.

I also saw him play on Saturday in the elite league semifinals, and he really does hit a ton.
Sats81

Re: I need some of what hes smokin or drinkin!!!!

Post by Sats81 »

hockey below the cities wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
WestMetro wrote:A possibly overlooked performance in last weekends Elite League action was LVN's Taylor Schneiders hat trick, leading Team CCM to a win over Team Northwest. ( This in spite of 14 minutes in the penalty box.) Schneiders offensive capability is no surprise to many of us who saw him come on strong in 2nd half of last season.

(Many casual fans I talk to first remember all the talent that LVN graduated last year. However, Max Johnson and Ryan Poehling are towards the top of Elite League scoring this year. Enebek has logged 9 points also. Add Schneider to the mix and Panthers have 4 varsity returns with proven elite caliber point production. How many other teams in the state match that, especially now that Michael Graham has decided to stay at Fargo?
Look for Schneiders younger brother (freshman and 2nd year bantam) to play Varsity this year too. Best Bantam I have seen in at least last decade. Has what it takes to be a very special player.
Man I need what hes drinking or smoking...with that talented bunch ...Is there anyone that can beat them?

a team loses its top 2 scorers and top 4 defensemen and top goalie and still this good? I dont think so!!!! Ill bet they are top 3 in SSC!!!!
Oh, I'm sorry buddy. I forgot you were a full on supporter of the Elko Cougars. Stop worrying about what LN does and focus on your up and coming program. Lets see if Elko can get out of the section semis this year first!
hockey below the cities

Sats81 wrote:
Sats81 wrote: Look for Schneiders younger brother (freshman and 2nd year bantam) to play Varsity this year too. Best Bantam I have seen in at least last decade. Has what it takes to be a very special player.

Oh, I'm sorry buddy. I forgot you were a full on supporter of the Elko Cougars. Stop worrying about what LN does and focus on your up and coming program. Lets see if Elko can get out of the section semis this year first!
Again SATS you show your complete lunacy with the Graham comment
and better yet with the best bantam youve ever seen maybe if you lay off the booze and drugs youd be able to see better ..North will be good but you better hope someone stops the puck...or a lot of 9-8 games on your dockett will be had.......... :roll:
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Sats81 wrote:
hockey below the cities wrote: Man I need what hes drinking or smoking...with that talented bunch ...Is there anyone that can beat them?

Again SATS you show your complete lunacy with the Graham comment
and better yet with the best bantam youve ever seen maybe if you lay off the booze and drugs youd be able to see better ..North will be good but you better hope someone stops the puck...or a lot of 9-8 games on your dockett will be had.......... :roll:
Lunacy with the Graham comment? Comment was made 3 weeks ago when it was common knowledge he WASN'T coming back to HS hockey.

I said best Bantam in last decade. Not ever. However, he will likely be a top 9 forward as a freshman on one of the top 5 AA teams in MN.

Not bad. Then again, not as good as your Elko Cougars. :roll: :roll:
hockey below the cities

again too early for Egg Nog step away from the booze

Sats81 wrote:

Like I said SATS i dont make this stuff up but at least TRY and remember what you say...........And contrary to what you think Im not from lakeville
but I do like to the the LN recruits take it on the chin!!! and I know im Not the only one that wants to see that!!!!
Sats81

Re: again too early for Egg Nog step away from the booze

Post by Sats81 »

Sats81 wrote:

Like I said SATS i dont make this stuff up but at least TRY and remember what you say...........And contrary to what you think Im not from lakeville
but I do like to the the LN recruits take it on the chin!!! and I know im Not the only one that wants to see that!!!!
Lol, that is exactly what I said..best bantam I have seen in last decade! Not ever. Read it. Or just re-quote exact words and ignore it? Your choice pal. Schneider is a LN recruit? News to me. Carry on dude.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

Sats81 wrote:

Nominate yours the best family support comments ever!

Better than the national selectee from eastview? Wow
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

Sats81 wrote:

Watch for Jr Tommy Klans (played JV for LN last year) to have a breakout season too. Although very small in stature, he has elite puck skills and an uncanny hockey IQ. Would have likely been a solid 2nd/3rd line player on most AA teams in state last year. Look for him to have close to 40 pts this year.
MJ - 60 pts
RP - 65 pts
HE - 60 pts
Schneider 1 - 55 pts
Schneider 2 - 25 pts
TK - 40 pts

Does this sound right, stats? LN would not need a goalie then.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Mnhockeys wrote:
Sats81 wrote:

Nominate yours the best family support comments ever!

Better than the national selectee from eastview? Wow
Lost me on that one big guy. Not as smart as you. Clearly.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Mnhockeys wrote:
Sats81 wrote:

Watch for Jr Tommy Klans (played JV for LN last year) to have a breakout season too. Although very small in stature, he has elite puck skills and an uncanny hockey IQ. Would have likely been a solid 2nd/3rd line player on most AA teams in state last year. Look for him to have close to 40 pts this year.
MJ - 60 pts
RP - 65 pts
HE - 60 pts
Schneider 1 - 55 pts
Schneider 2 - 25 pts
TK - 40 pts

Being that the top 3 listed all had over 50 PTs last yr as underclassman I don't think that's too far fetched. MJ one of leading scorers in elite league, RP over a PPG as well.

Older Schneider had over 40 last yr

Of course all of this was because of strong supporting cast I'm sure though so look for all of them to drop off significantly. At least that's what you think, right?

:roll: :roll:
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

he does play like a MAN. Love his game.
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

Sats81 wrote:
Mnhockeys wrote:
Sats81 wrote: Watch for Jr Tommy Klans (played JV for LN last year) to have a breakout season too. Although very small in stature, he has elite puck skills and an uncanny hockey IQ. Would have likely been a solid 2nd/3rd line player on most AA teams in state last year. Look for him to have close to 40 pts this year.
MJ - 60 pts
RP - 65 pts
HE - 60 pts
Schneider 1 - 55 pts
Schneider 2 - 25 pts
TK - 40 pts

Being that the top 3 listed all had over 50 PTs last yr as underclassman I don't think that's too far fetched. MJ one of leading scorers in elite league, RP over a PPG as well.

Of course all of this was because of strong supporting cast I'm sure though so look for all of them to drop off significantly. At least that's what you think, right?

Super confident!

Last year, the P brothers carried the load playing against all the top liners and the extremely high quality senior defense players, which most would say the best in the state in the last 10 years. They were the team, not just a supporting cast.

If you project for that many points for your forwards, you really do not need defense or goalie, and is LN going to play as luverne's schedule?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Mnhockeys wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Mnhockeys wrote: MJ - 60 pts
RP - 65 pts
HE - 60 pts
Schneider 1 - 55 pts
Schneider 2 - 25 pts
TK - 40 pts

Super confident!

Last year, the P brothers carried the load playing against all the top liners and the extremely high quality senior defense players, which most would say the best in the state in the last 10 years. They were the team, not just a supporting cast.

If you project for that many points for your forwards, you really do not need defense or goalie, and is LN going to play as luverne's schedule?
You obviously didn't watch many or ANY games as half the time 2nd line of Max Johnson, Henry Enebak and Taylor Schneider were matched with other teams 1st line.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Mnhockeys wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Mnhockeys wrote: MJ - 60 pts
RP - 65 pts
HE - 60 pts
Schneider 1 - 55 pts
Schneider 2 - 25 pts
TK - 40 pts

Super confident!

Throw in Klans, Reed Smith with Henry, Max and Ryan Poehling and you got 2 SOLID HS lines. Not many in state will skate with those 2.