SEC 2015/16

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

old goalie85

SEC 2015/16

Post by old goalie85 »

Stillwater and then everyone else ?? WBL lost everyone ?? Eastridge recruit anyone :wink: CDH [my pick] Forest Lake returns a goalie/a couple forwards.
Sats81

Re: SEC 2015/16

Post by Sats81 »

old goalie85 wrote:Stillwater and then everyone else ?? WBL lost everyone ?? Eastridge recruit anyone :wink: CDH [my pick] Forest Lake returns a goalie/a couple forwards.
Is the FL goalie the son of OldGoalie85? #YoungGoalie
hockeyfan74

Post by hockeyfan74 »

I am guessing Stillwater may have the best High School team ever - I believe they had 6 players make the Elite League and another 8 make the Elite D League - 14 from Stillwater :shock:
kniven

Post by kniven »

hockeyfan74 wrote:I am guessing Stillwater may have the best High School team ever - I believe they had 6 players make the Elite League and another 8 make the Elite D League - 14 from Stillwater :shock:
Up north here, Grand Rapids, Duluth East, and Hermantown routinely have 6+ players on the elite squad(s).
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

WBL has Parenteau and Newpower back, a pretty good combo to build on.
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

WestMetro wrote:WBL has Parenteau and Newpower back, a pretty good combo to build on.
Not sure who is gonna put the puck in the net besides Gast, lots of players with very little or no varsity experience are gonna have to step up.
hockeyfan74

Post by hockeyfan74 »

Missed the sarcasm :D - think they had 3 more on the U18 team that would be 17 - they will be good but not that good
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Returner in net for the rangers is Nick Nelson. [no relation to OG/family friend] OG has unproven JR forward. Brock Larson is a good forward for WBL. I find it hard to believe that many kids from one school made eilte/development.
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

hockeyfan74 wrote:I am guessing Stillwater may have the best High School team ever - I believe they had 6 players make the Elite League and another 8 make the Elite D League - 14 from Stillwater :shock:
If Stillwater HS does not finish top 5 in the state this year, all those in charge of the elite league and elite d league in the last a couple of months should be promoted to do something more important, right MNH?
HockeyTalk18

Post by HockeyTalk18 »

Did I see that correctly? Edina only has 2 players in the D league (1 Goalie & 1 Alternate)?. Begs the question of where did the Edina players decide to tryout/play for besides here?
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Mnhockeys wrote:
If Stillwater HS does not finish top 5 in the state this year, all those in charge of the elite league and elite d league in the last a couple of months should be promoted to do something more important, right MNH?
Minnesota Hockey does not select the people running the elite leagues, the evaluators or the coaches or the players.

One would think Stillwater would be very competitive but where they finish in polls, seeding, or in playoffs can e based on many factors besides the number of players participating in any particular league.
scoreandscoreoften

Post by scoreandscoreoften »

HockeyTalk18 wrote:Did I see that correctly? Edina only has 2 players in the D league (1 Goalie & 1 Alternate)?. Begs the question of where did the Edina players decide to tryout/play for besides here?
Blades!
scoreandscoreoften

Post by scoreandscoreoften »

Mnhockeys wrote:
Like all the tryouts for these kind of leagues, nine out of ten players that make it deserve it but, then dads connections, friends of dads etc. enter the selection process. And boom!
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

Is WBL's Gast really out for the season?
Scout716

Post by Scout716 »

Sad to say, but yes an injury will side line him for a while. Great Kid.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

kniven wrote:
Up north here, Grand Rapids, Duluth East, and Hermantown routinely have 6+ players on the elite squad(s).
You are incorrect. Where did all the WBL talent go?
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
kniven wrote:
You are incorrect. Where did all the WBL talent go?
I don't know but it's not just hockey, the talent is pretty dry in a lot of sports in White Bear now
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Wblhcky2424 wrote: I don't know but it's not just hockey, the talent is pretty dry in a lot of sports in White Bear now
Disappointing. We'd like to keep a robust feeder program running.
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

I see Dylan Gast is on the WBL roster, is this because he might return later in the year?, or is he not injured?
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

inthetwine wrote:I see Dylan Gast is on the WBL roster, is this because he might return later in the year?, or is he not injured?
Yeah that was odd to me, he is also listed as a sophomore ( that's one heck of a redshirt :P) He is sill wearing a big brace and wasn't on the roster that was posted at the rink after tryouts but obviously he did not tryout. He said before he was out for the year so I highly doubt he will play but you never know.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Wblhcky2424 wrote:
inthetwine wrote:I see Dylan Gast is on the WBL roster, is this because he might return later in the year?, or is he not injured?
Yeah that was odd to me, he is also listed as a sophomore ( that's one heck of a redshirt :P) He is sill wearing a big brace and wasn't on the roster that was posted at the rink after tryouts but obviously he did not tryout. He said before he was out for the year so I highly doubt he will play but you never know.
Exactly what happened to Gast?
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

wbmd wrote:
Wblhcky2424 wrote:
Took a hit while playing in the elite league and tore his ACL
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Wblhcky2424 wrote:
wbmd wrote:
Wblhcky2424 wrote: Yeah that was odd to me, he is also listed as a sophomore ( that's one heck of a redshirt :P) He is sill wearing a big brace and wasn't on the roster that was posted at the rink after tryouts but obviously he did not tryout. He said before he was out for the year so I highly doubt he will play but you never know.
That's quite a big loss for White Bear.
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

wbmd wrote:
Wblhcky2424 wrote:
wbmd wrote: Exactly what happened to Gast?
Yep and there wasn't much scoring returning this year because the forwards were very senior heavy last year. There is only 2 forwards returning who played varsity last year that scored a goal during the regular season. (Brock Larson, 3 goals in 25 games, Connor Bjornberg, 1 goal in 2 games). Brett Meister played very well when he was called up toward the end of the year when Brady Anderson got hurt including 2 goals in the playoffs. They will need these players to make the next step when it comes to putting pucks in the net. New to the team this year is senior Alec Will who is a talented player who played JGA last year. There is also a couple junior and senior forwards who played most of the year (excluding a few games) on JV that will play varsity this season. By looking at the roster on the MSHSL website, it looks like they will have a lot of sophomore forwards on the team. Will be interesting to see how they develop throughout the season
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Wblhcky2424 wrote:
wbmd wrote:
Wblhcky2424 wrote: Took a hit while playing in the elite league and tore his ACL
Yep and there wasn't much scoring returning this year because the forwards were very senior heavy last year. There is only 2 forwards returning who played varsity last year that scored a goal during the regular season. (Brock Larson, 3 goals in 25 games, Connor Bjornberg, 1 goal in 2 games). Brett Meister played very well when he was called up toward the end of the year when Brady Anderson got hurt including 2 goals in the playoffs. They will need these players to make the next step when it comes to putting pucks in the net. New to the team this year is senior Alec Will who is a talented player who played JGA last year. There is also a couple junior and senior forwards who played most of the year (excluding a few games) on JV that will play varsity this season. By looking at the roster on the MSHSL website, it looks like they will have a lot of sophomore forwards on the team. Will be interesting to see how they develop throughout the season
It will be interesting to see what the coaching staff can do with a team with little to no expectations. We all know how successful they were with a team with high expectations! :roll: