Section 6A 2015-16

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GraniteCity22

Post by GraniteCity22 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:47 pm

mshslhockey15 wrote:What about the injuries for teams? I noticed Spethmann and Courrier were out for Cathedral, how much of a difference will it make having them healthy?
Apollo was running 3 d for most of the game. Breidenbach and Baker are the best, but it is a little concerning because if one of them gets hurt they will have to switch some things up.

For Cathedral Spethmann still out with a concussion from the Tech game. He is a key component for the crusaders, as he brings a lot of physicality as well with probably the best shot on the team. Courrier hurt his shoulder, and should not be out long term. I expect some big numbers from Spethmann once he gets back, and having those two back will help even out the talent and scoring.

Hockey717

Post by Hockey717 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:53 pm

Also LaBine is out with a broken leg. That was a huge blow for the Crusaders losing him before the season even started. He would be in the top 4 D and be playing as many minutes as Cornelius and Herschfield in my opinion. He brought a physical aspect to the game and seemed to always get into opponents heads. Im just glad that he is not a senior and has next year to play as well.

GraniteCity22

Post by GraniteCity22 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:18 pm

The GCC should further help show the contenders from pretenders here. Wish there would be another Cathedral Apollo matchup. I guess I will have to wait for the section championship for that :lol:

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:26 pm

GraniteCity22 wrote:The GCC should further help show the contenders from pretenders here. Wish there would be another Cathedral Apollo matchup. I guess I will have to wait for the section championship for that :lol:
I'm thinking Apollo and Sartell.

Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:40 pm

GraniteCity22 wrote:The GCC should further help show the contenders from pretenders here. Wish there would be another Cathedral Apollo matchup. I guess I will have to wait for the section championship for that :lol:
The Asian shake is alive and well!!

hockeylover20

Post by hockeylover20 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:42 am

elliott70 wrote:
Still thinking Sartell in that Section Final after getting pumped by both Cathedral and Apollo in the GCC?? lmao :lol:

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:47 am

hockeylover20 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
Still thinking Sartell in that Section Final after getting pumped by both Cathedral and Apollo in the GCC?? lmao :lol:
Wishful thinking but 'yes'.

hockey9011

Post by hockey9011 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:58 am

hockeylover20 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
Granted, goaltending is definitely a vital part of any team and SCA and SCC are now firmly planted #1 and #2. But as someone that was at all the GCC games, Sartell's goaltending was awful during those two games.. Ex. Apollo scored 4 goals on their first 4 shots on net.. That's an inexcusable statline.. Until that gets cleaned up, they don't have a chance at beating those top two. If it does, they have the players to win a few playoff games.

Rinkguy15

Cathedral

Post by Rinkguy15 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:15 pm

What are peoples thoughts on Cathedral? I know they have had some injuries in big games. But do you think that they could beat apollo and earn a trip back to the X and possibly compete in it?

CornerBar

Re: Cathedral

Post by CornerBar » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:26 pm

Rinkguy15 wrote:What are peoples thoughts on Cathedral? I know they have had some injuries in big games. But do you think that they could beat apollo and earn a trip back to the X and possibly compete in it?
Buddy you created a thread called "Cathedral" earlier today and posted this exact same thing and 4 people told you they wouldn't be able to compete and that they'd rather see Apollo play. Then you delete the thread and post in here? Accept what people have to say and stop looking for what you want to hear.

Rinkguy15

Post by Rinkguy15 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:47 am

CornerBar wrote:
Rinkguy15 wrote:What are peoples thoughts on Cathedral? I know they have had some injuries in big games. But do you think that they could beat apollo and earn a trip back to the X and possibly compete in it?
Buddy you created a thread called "Cathedral" earlier today and posted this exact same thing and 4 people told you they wouldn't be able to compete and that they'd rather see Apollo play. Then you delete the thread and post in here? Accept what people have to say and stop looking for what you want to hear.
I didn't delete the cathedral thread...one of the top guys must have taken it off!! So i thought I would put it in here. My bad :oops:

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:54 am

You couldn't use your other ID for this?

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:57 am

east hockey wrote:

Lee
Not many of us cared for his other ID, this one is better, more conservative.

Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:09 am

elliott70 wrote:
east hockey wrote:

Lee
Hilary you're back!!!

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:05 am

Whiner33 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
east hockey wrote:

Lee
Hilary you're back!!!

I miss these days.....
Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:Luverne is not deserving of being in your rankings. They have benefited from a very weak schedule. They lack any sort of decent coaching. They have some nice athletes but again lack the coaching to get to the next level.

Also, I see them getting beat by both St Paul Johnson tomorrow and by Morris/Benson on Saturday.

Again they have some really nice individual pieces the Toby Kid (Made 15's National Camp this past summer) Smedsrud kid (Leads all Freshman in scoring with 35 points) Maxwell (Always liked watching him play the blue line) Meyer as a goalie is very solid.

However, if your looking for an honest opinion on them they are not Top 30 material yet let alone Top 20 in Class A
3A looks like New Ulm for a fourth year in row and the darkhorse is Hutch.

Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:11 am

notTONIGHT wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
east hockey wrote:

Lee
Hilary you're back!!!

I miss these days.....
Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:Luverne is not deserving of being in your rankings. They have benefited from a very weak schedule. They lack any sort of decent coaching. They have some nice athletes but again lack the coaching to get to the next level.

Also, I see them getting beat by both St Paul Johnson tomorrow and by Morris/Benson on Saturday.

Again they have some really nice individual pieces the Toby Kid (Made 15's National Camp this past summer) Smedsrud kid (Leads all Freshman in scoring with 35 points) Maxwell (Always liked watching him play the blue line) Meyer as a goalie is very solid.

However, if your looking for an honest opinion on them they are not Top 30 material yet let alone Top 20 in Class A
3A looks like New Ulm for a fourth year in row and the darkhorse is Hutch.
Golden ticket here!

GraniteCity22

Post by GraniteCity22 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:29 am

After Cathedral beat LF yesterday as of today I believe seedings seeds would be this

1. Apollo
2. Cathedral
3. LF
4. Sartell
5. Tech
6. Alex
7. FF

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:33 am

GraniteCity22 wrote:After Cathedral beat LF yesterday as of today I believe seedings seeds would be this

1. Apollo
2. Cathedral
3. LF
4. Sartell
5. Tech
6. Alex
7. FF
and
Wadena-Deer Creek
River Lakes
Breckenridge/Wahpeton
Prairie Centre Area

:D

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:45 am

The first page of this thread is some fun reading!! 😃

Probably just temporary lack of good judgement by the masses.. :wink:
Last edited by MrBoDangles on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

GraniteCity22

Post by GraniteCity22 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:11 am

MrBoDangles wrote:The first page of this thread is some fun reading!! 😃

Although I've come to realize that the LF coaches and fans are rather classless..
Why do you say this?

GraniteCity22

Post by GraniteCity22 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:52 pm

Was very surprised with how the Tech/Apollo game went tonight. Althaus looked shaky for probably the first time all year. With Bissett getting hurt their depth was hurt. Tech made it very interesting almost tying it up with under a minute left.

Side note, what a great way to end a great crosstown rivalry, unless they meet in sections.

mnhockey47

Post by mnhockey47 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:03 am

GraniteCity22 wrote:Was very surprised with how the Tech/Apollo game went tonight. Althaus looked shaky for probably the first time all year. With Bissett getting hurt their depth was hurt. Tech made it very interesting almost tying it up with under a minute left.

Side note, what a great way to end a great crosstown rivalry, unless they meet in sections.
Which Bissett is hurt? and what happened?

blindref

Post by blindref » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:29 am

Noah
Crashed the net
"Upper body, "either shoulder or wrist.

slapshot18

Post by slapshot18 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:05 am

blindref wrote:Noah
Crashed the net
"Upper body, "either shoulder or wrist.
He lays on the ice almost every game...:roll:

GraniteCity22