Section 3A : 2015-2016

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
Teak
Posts: 1847
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 am

Section 3A : 2015-2016

Post by Teak » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Almost one month has gone by since a post in last season's thread so maybe it's time to start a thread for this season.

Big news for the new season is that both New Ulm and Luverne lost their coaches. Derrick Brown went to take over the St. Cloud Cathedral squad. Not sure what happened to the New Ulm coach.

As with last season, I will be watching both Willmar and Marshall in person due to work commitments in both cities.

Here's to an argy-bargy-free season. Possible? :idea:

Teak
Posts: 1847
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Teak » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:02 pm

Ryan Neuman is the new coach at New Ulm.

I just noticed my mis-type in the heading. This will be a loooong season (2015 to 2106). :lol:

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 6962
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Post by east hockey » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:37 pm

Teak wrote:Ryan Neuman is the new coach at New Ulm.

I just noticed my mis-type in the heading. This will be a loooong season (2015 to 2106). :lol:
Fixed it. And thanks for starting the new thread, Teak. Twas time to put the old one to bed.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

Teak
Posts: 1847
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Teak » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:34 pm

east hockey wrote:
Teak wrote:Ryan Neuman is the new coach at New Ulm.

I just noticed my mis-type in the heading. This will be a loooong season (2015 to 2106). :lol:
Fixed it. And thanks for starting the new thread, Teak. Twas time to put the old one to bed.

Lee
Thanks for fixing the title. I am not sure that I will be around in 2106. :roll:

TTpuckster
Posts: 2536
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:26 am
Location: State of Hockey

Post by TTpuckster » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:06 am

Teak wrote:
east hockey wrote:
Teak wrote:Ryan Neuman is the new coach at New Ulm.

I just noticed my mis-type in the heading. This will be a loooong season (2015 to 2106). :lol:
Fixed it. And thanks for starting the new thread, Teak. Twas time to put the old one to bed.

Lee
Thanks for fixing the title. I am not sure that I will be around in 2106. :roll:
It will be impressive if you are.
And, if you are, you better be still starting up a 3A thread.
By then, there should be several 3A state champions... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
What is a Green Wave anyway?

elliott70
Posts: 13615
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:38 pm

Teak wrote:
east hockey wrote:
Teak wrote:Ryan Neuman is the new coach at New Ulm.

I just noticed my mis-type in the heading. This will be a loooong season (2015 to 2106). :lol:
Fixed it. And thanks for starting the new thread, Teak. Twas time to put the old one to bed.

Lee
Thanks for fixing the title. I am not sure that I will be around in 2106. :roll:
Anything is possible...
I am still here.

CherryPicker99
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:21 am

Post by CherryPicker99 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:33 pm

Sounds like Luverne found their new coach. Kullen Schroht, assistant from last year, was hired I believe.

Corn Cobb
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:16 pm
Location: Esko, MN

Post by Corn Cobb » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:39 am

CherryPicker99 wrote:Sounds like Luverne found their new coach. Kullen Schroht, assistant from last year, was hired I believe.
Yes. They was announced back on 9/10/15.

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:40 pm

Corn Cobb wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:Sounds like Luverne found their new coach. Kullen Schroht, assistant from last year, was hired I believe.
Yes. They was announced back on 9/10/15.

Was there a press conference or where was the announcement?

Froggy Richards
Posts: 623
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:15 am

Post by Froggy Richards » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:51 pm

notTONIGHT wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:Sounds like Luverne found their new coach. Kullen Schroht, assistant from last year, was hired I believe.
Yes. They was announced back on 9/10/15.

Was there a press conference or where was the announcement?
Yes, there was a huge press conference. I don't know how you could have missed it. It was at the Luverne Convention Center, right off of the 101st St. Exit. They cut to it live from a Twins game on FSN. My son was mad because he missed a home run by Miguel Sano and the Twins went on to win. I just told him that's how it is when it comes to Luverne Hockey. Roll Cards Roll!

Sats81
Posts: 2732
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:29 pm

Froggy Richards wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:Sounds like Luverne found their new coach. Kullen Schroht, assistant from last year, was hired I believe.
Yes. They was announced back on 9/10/15.

Was there a press conference or where was the announcement?
Yes, there was a huge press conference. I don't know how you could have missed it. It was at the Luverne Convention Center, right off of the 101st St. Exit. They cut to it live from a Twins game on FSN. My son was mad because he missed a home run by Miguel Sano and the Twins went on to win. I just told him that's how it is when it comes to Luverne Hockey. Roll Cards Roll!
Golden post

HILARY2016
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:03 am

Post by HILARY2016 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:24 pm

CherryPicker99 wrote:Sounds like Luverne found their new coach. Kullen Schroht, assistant from last year, was hired I believe.
Sounds like sauerkraut, your sure this isn't New Ulm's hire?

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:25 pm

Going to be a sad thread season with trout gone......

CherryPicker99
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:21 am

Post by CherryPicker99 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:04 am

notTONIGHT wrote:Going to be a sad thread season with trout gone......
I doubt it. We still have you and Whiner33. :D

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:26 pm

Live look at the Hutchinson Tigers team traveling to hockey games.

Image


Cant believe those Jokers would drive to Marshall but couldn't make the final 1 hour push to Luverne in January.

This is what they will look like walking into the rink in Marshall, after the tremendous effort they put in to travel such a great distance.

Image


Just come to Luverne next time you jokers!

Corn Cobb
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:16 pm
Location: Esko, MN

Post by Corn Cobb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:36 pm

CherryPicker99 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:Going to be a sad thread season with trout gone......
I doubt it. We still have you and Whiner33. :D
I suggest notTONIGHT change her name to Whiner34.

InigoMontoya
Posts: 1719
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by InigoMontoya » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:58 am

Is your point that the drive isn't very long, so teams should drive down to play you? Or is it that the drive is very long, and you're tired of having to drive to play others? I see SPA and Totino on the schedule, but a home-and-home with Willmar, Mankato East, and Hutchinson aren't exactly boosting your strength of schedule outside of the Big South.

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:04 am

InigoMontoya wrote:Is your point that the drive isn't very long, so teams should drive down to play you? Or is it that the drive is very long, and you're tired of having to drive to play others? I see SPA and Totino on the schedule, but a home-and-home with Willmar, Mankato East, and Hutchinson aren't exactly boosting your strength of schedule outside of the Big South.

New Prague has also been added. The point is Luverne is playing a home game with hutch. But hutch claimed they couldn't drive all the way to Luverne so the game is being played in Marshall. Its a joke. Its 2015, will be 2016 when the game is played, and those clowns couldn't make it to Luverne.

CherryPicker99
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:21 am

Post by CherryPicker99 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:08 am

InigoMontoya wrote:Is your point that the drive isn't very long, so teams should drive down to play you? Or is it that the drive is very long, and you're tired of having to drive to play others? I see SPA and Totino on the schedule, but a home-and-home with Willmar, Mankato East, and Hutchinson aren't exactly boosting your strength of schedule outside of the Big South.
I my opinion this is Luverne's best schedule that I can remember. I understand that its not great but better than normal. They have home games against SPA and Orono and travel to New Prague and Totino-Grace. Those should be 4 solid teams and should give people something to compare. I only see one game with Willmar, Mankato East and Hutch. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong schedule.

Should be another fun year in 3A. Anyone with early predictions as to who goes to the X?

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:11 am

CherryPicker99 wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:Is your point that the drive isn't very long, so teams should drive down to play you? Or is it that the drive is very long, and you're tired of having to drive to play others? I see SPA and Totino on the schedule, but a home-and-home with Willmar, Mankato East, and Hutchinson aren't exactly boosting your strength of schedule outside of the Big South.
I my opinion this is Luverne's best schedule that I can remember. I understand that its not great but better than normal. They have home games against SPA and Orono and travel to New Prague and Totino-Grace. Those should be 4 solid teams and should give people something to compare. I only see one game with Willmar, Mankato East and Hutch. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong schedule.

Should be another fun year in 3A. Anyone with early predictions as to who goes to the X?
Yeah i have a prediction......

Roll cards roll!

CherryPicker99
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:21 am

Post by CherryPicker99 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:39 am

notTONIGHT wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:Is your point that the drive isn't very long, so teams should drive down to play you? Or is it that the drive is very long, and you're tired of having to drive to play others? I see SPA and Totino on the schedule, but a home-and-home with Willmar, Mankato East, and Hutchinson aren't exactly boosting your strength of schedule outside of the Big South.
I my opinion this is Luverne's best schedule that I can remember. I understand that its not great but better than normal. They have home games against SPA and Orono and travel to New Prague and Totino-Grace. Those should be 4 solid teams and should give people something to compare. I only see one game with Willmar, Mankato East and Hutch. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong schedule.

Should be another fun year in 3A. Anyone with early predictions as to who goes to the X?
Yeah i have a prediction......

Roll cards roll!
Anyone other than notTonight or Whiner33? We all could've predicted that would be your response. :D

rollCARDSroll
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:54 pm

Post by rollCARDSroll » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:44 am

Here ya Go!!!

Roll CARDS Roll!!

Image

computerguy
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:24 pm

3a

Post by computerguy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:42 pm

Yep just like last year. The cards get rolled over....

hawkenjonny
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by hawkenjonny » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:20 am

OK I'll bite. Been following this thread for a couple years and is never dull even though I don't always understand some of the inside stuff. Have to agree with Herb. I look for the cards to get to the X. Hope my GR guys can tough it out too. Better question for 3A might be who is going to stop Luverne. I see no one. Even last year, talent was there, don't know what happened.

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:30 am

hawkenjonny wrote:OK I'll bite. Been following this thread for a couple years and is never dull even though I don't always understand some of the inside stuff. Have to agree with Herb. I look for the cards to get to the X. Hope my GR guys can tough it out too. Better question for 3A might be who is going to stop Luverne. I see no one. Even last year, talent was there, don't know what happened.
Setterholm simply out-coached the Cardinals. Luverne had last change but you sure couldn't tell.

Post Reply