Section 3A : 2015-2016

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:36 am

hawkenjonny wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
hawkenjonny wrote:Again, so defensive. 300 is huge for sure, but competition does play a part, which if 'you get it' you would understand. The kid is a really nice player, and hats off to him. Not his fault the section is weak, but there would be quite a few players with those numbers if they played there. Sorry if you disagree, or don't get it. Guess I got defensive when they compare it to Spehar or some others.
Jonny I do get what you're saying. But if someone put up 600 they would say 3A weak schedule etc. So let's just call it the trout affect for the cardinals poor schedule. We will just play all home games halfway next year so we can get the tough schedule. (Neutral sites)Bring back the GM as soon as possible!
Have seen both he and the Nelson kid play Elite and he is a good player. Nice hands and good net awareness. If I were a coach from Luverne I would be furious that you play some of these teams twice. Ridiculous. Hope to see the cards in March. And hopefully my underachieving THawks as well.
If the coach could pull it off I would propose playing these weaker teams once. The game being worth 4 points and Luverne would drive to their place to play. Then they would only need to play us once a year as well then we could reach out to these better teams and get them on the schedule. Just thoughts from a peacock.

HILARY2016

Post by HILARY2016 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:43 am

Whiner33 wrote:
hawkenjonny wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
hawkenjonny wrote:Again, so defensive. 300 is huge for sure, but competition does play a part, which if 'you get it' you would understand. The kid is a really nice player, and hats off to him. Not his fault the section is weak, but there would be quite a few players with those numbers if they played there. Sorry if you disagree, or don't get it. Guess I got defensive when they compare it to Spehar or some others.
Jonny I do get what you're saying. But if someone put up 600 they would say 3A weak schedule etc. So let's just call it the trout affect for the cardinals poor schedule. We will just play all home games halfway next year so we can get the tough schedule. (Neutral sites)Bring back the GM as soon as possible!
Have seen both he and the Nelson kid play Elite and he is a good player. Nice hands and good net awareness. If I were a coach from Luverne I would be furious that you play some of these teams twice. Ridiculous. Hope to see the cards in March. And hopefully my underachieving THawks as well.
If the coach could pull it off I would propose playing these weaker teams once. The game being worth 4 points and Luverne would drive to their place to play. Then they would only need to play us once a year as well then we could reach out to these better teams and get them on the schedule. Just thoughts from a peacock.
However, your not the coach. But you should suggest it to him.

Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:52 am

HILARY2016 wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
hawkenjonny wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
Can you just worry about what's going on in St. Cloud you genius?

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:19 am

goldy313 wrote:Why doesn't the Luverne kid get a chance to prove his high school career is no fluke? People were highly skeptical Pohl would even see much ice at Minnesota, first he was doing in southern Minnesota, then because it was against class A teams, there were excuses all over the place. Same with Hanowski.

Ironically, The year Pohl won Mr. Hockey his section opponents were Fairmont, Le Seuer, and New Ulm......all whom now play in the same conference as Luverne.
I am just saying mentioning him in the same breath as Pohl, Hanowski and Spehar is not fair to them or him. Not same level. I think the kid is a good HS player. A low tier d1 school would fit him best but would very surprised to see him put up big numbers at that level. I hope he proves me wrong and I wish him the best of luck. Just telling it like it is.

SouthernMinnFan

Post by SouthernMinnFan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:35 am

Sats your troll. A low tier d1 program. He is one of the best 2000's in the country. Will play for team USA next year unless he takes bad advice and stays down here in southern Minnesota. Kid has legit NHL potential.

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:40 am

SouthernMinnFan wrote:Sats your troll. A low tier d1 program. He is one of the best 2000's in the country. Will play for team USA next year unless he takes bad advice and stays down here in southern Minnesota. Kid has legit NHL potential.
I'm talking about Smedsrud genius. Read through thread.

SouthernMinnFan

Post by SouthernMinnFan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:03 am

Sorry. Then I think you are spot on.

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:13 am

SouthernMinnFan wrote:Sorry. Then I think you are spot on.
Yeah, I think Nelson could be real deal, too young to predict yet I think. Just hope he doesnt traject downward like so many bigger, stronger kids at his age and younger did. Reminds me a lot of Hudson Fasching.

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:40 am

1-12 Games

Willmar @ Alex

Hutchinson @ Litch

Breck/Wahp @ Morris Benson

LSPHRHSPRIG @ Fairmont

New Ulm @ Worthington

Hutch may be the only Section 3A team to win tonight.

Biggest game in Litchfield. Curious to see if Hutch can put up a fight, or just roll over and die like they did in Marshall against Luverne.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:47 am

notTONIGHT wrote:1-12 Games

Willmar @ Alex

Hutchinson @ Litch

LSPHRHSPRIG @ Fairmont

New Ulm @ Worthington

Biggest game in Litchfield. Curious to see if Hutch can put up a fight, or just roll over and die like they did in Marshall against Luverne.
What about LITCH?

Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:08 am

elliott70 wrote:

Willmar @ Alex

Hutchinson @ Litch

LSPHRHSPRIG @ Fairmont

New Ulm @ Worthington

What about LITCH?
They rolled over as well...👍

danglesnipecelly13

Post by danglesnipecelly13 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:21 am

Whiner33 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Willmar @ Alex

Hutchinson @ Litch

LSPHRHSPRIG @ Fairmont

New Ulm @ Worthington

What about LITCH?
They rolled over as well...👍
I don't think 6-3 with an empty netter is exactly rolling over and dieing... But with that said hutch and litch is always a good matchup. Should be a fun one to watch.

HILARY2016

Post by HILARY2016 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:22 am

Whiner33 wrote:
HILARY2016 wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
hawkenjonny wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
Whiner what does St Cloud have to do with anything? You keep preluding to something. You get so angry for a little fella. Don't bring up my mom. What is the game of week in 3A? Who will get #1 seed, and what team has best chance to upset them?

Can you just worry about what's going on in St. Cloud you genius?

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:34 pm

LDC 4 Hutch 2.

Hutch with a much better showing than the 8-0 dismemberment in Marshall.

Seedings are shaping up.

1. Luverne
2. LDC
3. Hutch
4. New Ulm
5. Marshall

Seeds 3 and 4 will be decided Jan 21st in Hutchinson.

Teak

Post by Teak » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:40 am

notTONIGHT wrote:LDC 4 Hutch 2.

Hutch with a much better showing than the 8-0 dismemberment in Marshall.

Seedings are shaping up.

1. Luverne
2. LDC
3. Hutch
4. New Ulm
5. Marshall
Yeah, that's pretty much how I would seed it also.

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:47 pm

with 34 minutes remaining Redwood 3 Luverne 0.

Upset Alert.

Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:01 pm

STREMCHA!!!!!

Bettman's Bender

Post by Bettman's Bender » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:09 pm

Upset city.

Redwood 4
Luverne 3

ROLL CARDS ROLL

what happened?

Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:31 pm

Makes you wonder if this guy made a trip to the locker room before the game.

HILARY2016

Post by HILARY2016 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:49 pm

Bettman's Bender wrote:Upset city.

Redwood 4
Luverne 3

ROLL CARDS ROLL

what happened?
Whiner this is a final is it? Oh my, break it down for us will you?
Coach on the hot seat? Leave mom out of this.

Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:54 pm

HILARY2016 wrote:
Bettman's Bender wrote:Upset city.

Redwood 4
Luverne 3

ROLL CARDS ROLL

what happened?
Whiner this is a final is it? Oh my, break it down for us will you?
Coach on the hot seat? Leave mom out of this.
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Bettman's Bender

Post by Bettman's Bender » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:00 pm

Corn Cobb wrote:Makes you wonder if this guy made a trip to the locker room before the game.

What is this. A sweatband with arms?

Thegoldenjet

Post by Thegoldenjet » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:13 pm

Quiet and respectful applause for the boys from Redwood and their coach Joe and his assistants. Great example of sport, and specifically, the best sport's ability to reward right and humble those who may have lost sight of what it means to be the best, and the responsibility that entails. Lucky to be good, good to be lucky. Love this time of year. It's exciting, it's fun.
Last edited by Thegoldenjet on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tower power93

Post by Tower power93 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:29 pm

Blah blah blah. Luverne loses !!

BP

Post by BP » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:08 pm

Tony Smeds (rollCardsRoll), where are you? Funny how you rip Redwood when you beat them by 45 goals for pulling their goalie, but nowhere to be found when you lose. I'm at a loss of words.