Section 3A : 2015-2016

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GoldyGopher
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 am
Location: Not Luverne

Re: Radio

Post by GoldyGopher » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:18 pm

lamplighter98 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
tututangous wrote:Any radio station calling the game for luverne tonight?
Whatever KQAD is in Luverne is the radio station that it's on
First five minutes any indication here?
I'm heading back to Patrick's
Comment of the year! Fill up on the chips and salsa they're delish!!
I ended up at B&L. Got Schells light waiting for notTONIGHT and Whiner33
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:50 pm

That's it huh?

No review or synopsis of what you witnessed?

GoldyGopher
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 am
Location: Not Luverne

Post by GoldyGopher » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:06 pm

notTONIGHT wrote:That's it huh?

No review or synopsis of what you witnessed?
It's not the game I wanted, I would have very much liked to see Stremcha out coach Kullen for a game again. No doubt that Luverne has the most talent and they showed it tonight. Good meeting you guys tonight, if you make it to state I wanna see 3A represented well.
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:56 am

GoldyGopher wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:That's it huh?

No review or synopsis of what you witnessed?
It's not the game I wanted, I would have very much liked to see Stremcha out coach Kullen for a game again. No doubt that Luverne has the most talent and they showed it tonight. Good meeting you guys tonight, if you make it to state I wanna see 3A represented well.

By out coach you must mean hope your goalie has 60 saves again?

Corn Cobb
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:16 pm
Location: Esko, MN

Post by Corn Cobb » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:44 am

notTONIGHT wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:That's it huh?

No review or synopsis of what you witnessed?
It's not the game I wanted, I would have very much liked to see Stremcha out coach Kullen for a game again. No doubt that Luverne has the most talent and they showed it tonight. Good meeting you guys tonight, if you make it to state I wanna see 3A represented well.

By out coach you must mean hope your goalie has 60 saves again?
Nah, just 52.

Whiner33
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Whiner33 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:22 am

Corn Cobb wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:That's it huh?

No review or synopsis of what you witnessed?
It's not the game I wanted, I would have very much liked to see Stremcha out coach Kullen for a game again. No doubt that Luverne has the most talent and they showed it tonight. Good meeting you guys tonight, if you make it to state I wanna see 3A represented well.

By out coach you must mean hope your goalie has 60 saves again?
Nah, just 52.
How many did he have on Saturday?

GoldyGopher
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 am
Location: Not Luverne

Post by GoldyGopher » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:18 pm

Whiner33 wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:That's it huh?

No review or synopsis of what you witnessed?
It's not the game I wanted, I would have very much liked to see Stremcha out coach Kullen for a game again. No doubt that Luverne has the most talent and they showed it tonight. Good meeting you guys tonight, if you make it to state I wanna see 3A represented well.

By out coach you must mean hope your goalie has 60 saves again?
Nah, just 52.
How many did he have on Saturday?
You're seriously not blaming the loss to them on a hot goalie are you? How many of the 52 shots were remotely close to high scoring percentage shots? Taking wrist shots from the blue line that are right at the glove is not a high percentage shot.. Maybe you got outplayed for a game and the best player on the ice was actually Cardinal 13 instead of Cardinal 7 or 8.
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:34 pm

GoldyGopher wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:That's it huh?

No review or synopsis of what you witnessed?
It's not the game I wanted, I would have very much liked to see Stremcha out coach Kullen for a game again. No doubt that Luverne has the most talent and they showed it tonight. Good meeting you guys tonight, if you make it to state I wanna see 3A represented well.

By out coach you must mean hope your goalie has 60 saves again?
Nah, just 52.
How many did he have on Saturday?
You're seriously not blaming the loss to them on a hot goalie are you? How many of the 52 shots were remotely close to high scoring percentage shots? Taking wrist shots from the blue line that are right at the glove is not a high percentage shot.. Maybe you got outplayed for a game and the best player on the ice was actually Cardinal 13 instead of Cardinal 7 or 8.
This argument really doesn't matter, because like Whiner said, how many saves did he have on Saturday?

However, Ill take the bait.

Ill attribute the RWV win to 3 factors. Luverne had 38 minutes in penalties. Domeier had 52 Saves, and Cardinal 13 played a great game.

Despite having 38 penalty minutes Luverne still generated 55 shots on net. RWV produced about half that with 27. I believe you will find that Scoring chances were at a similar 2-1 Ratio if you watch the film. So yes, the RWV goalie stole a game that played out resoundingly in RWV Favor.

However congrats, the entire state of Hockey knew that was the RWV super Bowl, and they won it. On the road to boot. The first 3A team to win in that building in 5 years.

See ya Wednesday Goldy!

GoldyGopher
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 am
Location: Not Luverne

Post by GoldyGopher » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:44 pm

notTONIGHT wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:That's it huh?

No review or synopsis of what you witnessed?
It's not the game I wanted, I would have very much liked to see Stremcha out coach Kullen for a game again. No doubt that Luverne has the most talent and they showed it tonight. Good meeting you guys tonight, if you make it to state I wanna see 3A represented well.

By out coach you must mean hope your goalie has 60 saves again?
Nah, just 52.
How many did he have on Saturday?
You're seriously not blaming the loss to them on a hot goalie are you? How many of the 52 shots were remotely close to high scoring percentage shots? Taking wrist shots from the blue line that are right at the glove is not a high percentage shot.. Maybe you got outplayed for a game and the best player on the ice was actually Cardinal 13 instead of Cardinal 7 or 8.
This argument really doesn't matter, because like Whiner said, how many saves did he have on Saturday?

However, Ill take the bait.

Ill attribute the RWV win to 3 factors. Luverne had 38 minutes in penalties. Domeier had 52 Saves, and Cardinal 13 played a great game.

Despite having 38 penalty minutes Luverne still generated 55 shots on net. RWV produced about half that with 27. I believe you will find that Scoring chances were at a similar 2-1 Ratio if you watch the film. So yes, the RWV goalie stole a game that played out resoundingly in RWV Favor.

However congrats, the entire state of Hockey knew that was the RWV super Bowl, and they won it. On the road to boot. The first 3A team to win in that building in 5 years.

See ya Wednesday Goldy!
Goldy may have other obligations Wednesday, he is trying to get out of them though. That has the makings for a good game if not at least competitive.
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: 3A

Post by notTONIGHT » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:02 pm

ldcfan wrote:Well here is a biased look at 3A from an LDC stand point. This class of Seniors easily beat all the 3A teams in their 2nd year of bantams with the exception of three 2-4 losses to Hutch with one of those losses in Regions. Now to compare apples to apples, Luverne didn't have Smedrud since Smeds played Varsity that year. LDC didn't have Haugo who played Varsity. We did tie Luverne the first game without top forward Raisanen but with Raiso we shutout Luverne 4-0 the next meeting. The junior class also did very well against 3A teams their 2nd year of bantams splitting with Luverne. Apples to Apples, Luverne didn't have Smeds nor Nelson; LDC didn't have Benson. What about the Sophmores you might ask? I know Beers from Peewees. He scored 10 points (5 goals & 5 assists) against us first game. Nothing against our goalie but he was a "C" goalie at best. 2nd game that year we shadowed Beers and held him to 1 power play goal and eventually he was benched :). Good player though. Luverne also looks to have a pretty good player in Kruse. LDC has Grangroth. In summary, I look to a good match up between Luverne & LDC..... Hutch remains to be seen but it will be one of these three to go to State from 3A.
Where ya at LDCFAN??

You guys ready?

danglesnipecelly13
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by danglesnipecelly13 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:45 am

Very interesting matchup on Wednesday evening. Lucerne has a lot of talent and coming from a guy who has been through the ldc system this is one of the best teams I've seen come through this program. Outside of holy family they have not looked like a game was out of reach all season. Very calm and aware of what is going on on the ice. Very large solid group of seniors and some third liners that have really stepped up their game. Both teams have what it takes to make it to the big dance and at the very least compete with the rest of the class. Can't wait to see how this one shakes out.

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:06 am

danglesnipecelly13 wrote:Very interesting matchup on Wednesday evening. Lucerne has a lot of talent and coming from a guy who has been through the ldc system this is one of the best teams I've seen come through this program. Outside of holy family they have not looked like a game was out of reach all season. Very calm and aware of what is going on on the ice. Very large solid group of seniors and some third liners that have really stepped up their game. Both teams have what it takes to make it to the big dance and at the very least compete with the rest of the class. Can't wait to see how this one shakes out.

I think it comes down to last change and goaltending.

hawkenjonny
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by hawkenjonny » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:12 am

I know you have a different coach this year Herb. Hopefully he understands the concept of last change and adjustments to a game plan that isn't effective. If not, someone better school him on it. I'm sure you know someone down there that gets it. Hope to see Luverne at the X along with my thawks (if they don't cough it up against DE)

elliott70
Posts: 13622
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:13 am

notTONIGHT wrote:
danglesnipecelly13 wrote:Very interesting matchup on Wednesday evening. Lucerne has a lot of talent and coming from a guy who has been through the ldc system this is one of the best teams I've seen come through this program. Outside of holy family they have not looked like a game was out of reach all season. Very calm and aware of what is going on on the ice. Very large solid group of seniors and some third liners that have really stepped up their game. Both teams have what it takes to make it to the big dance and at the very least compete with the rest of the class. Can't wait to see how this one shakes out.

I think it comes down to last change and goaltending.
I think it comes down to whether Luverne wants to win by 2 or 5.

GoldyGopher
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 am
Location: Not Luverne

Post by GoldyGopher » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:24 am

elliott70 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
danglesnipecelly13 wrote:Very interesting matchup on Wednesday evening. Lucerne has a lot of talent and coming from a guy who has been through the ldc system this is one of the best teams I've seen come through this program. Outside of holy family they have not looked like a game was out of reach all season. Very calm and aware of what is going on on the ice. Very large solid group of seniors and some third liners that have really stepped up their game. Both teams have what it takes to make it to the big dance and at the very least compete with the rest of the class. Can't wait to see how this one shakes out.

I think it comes down to last change and goaltending.
I think it comes down to whether Luverne wants to win by 2 or 5.
I think LDC has a real opportunity if they stay physical with Luverne. If they want to skate back and fourth and not play the body at all my guess is this is easily a 5 goal game. Best bet for Luverne is to adjust to playing 2 lines rather than 3 when the time is needed and like stated previously using last change to the full effect. That can go along way when you have a line as talented as the Nelson Smedsrud line. I only watched the first period of LDC and Hutch but LDC was not even close to as physical in the first period as Hutch was.

The way the Cardinals have been playing, my guess is this is a 7-3 or 8-3 kind of final and the white Yukon with Luverne hockey on the door is heading up 169 next week with a case of Schells light in the trunk area for his enjoying pleasure. :lol:
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

danglesnipecelly13
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by danglesnipecelly13 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:38 am

GoldyGopher wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
danglesnipecelly13 wrote:Very interesting matchup on Wednesday evening. Lucerne has a lot of talent and coming from a guy who has been through the ldc system this is one of the best teams I've seen come through this program. Outside of holy family they have not looked like a game was out of reach all season. Very calm and aware of what is going on on the ice. Very large solid group of seniors and some third liners that have really stepped up their game. Both teams have what it takes to make it to the big dance and at the very least compete with the rest of the class. Can't wait to see how this one shakes out.

I think it comes down to last change and goaltending.
I think it comes down to whether Luverne wants to win by 2 or 5.
I think LDC has a real opportunity if they stay physical with Luverne. If they want to skate back and fourth and not play the body at all my guess is this is easily a 5 goal game. Best bet for Luverne is to adjust to playing 2 lines rather than 3 when the time is needed and like stated previously using last change to the full effect. That can go along way when you have a line as talented as the Nelson Smedsrud line. I only watched the first period of LDC and Hutch but LDC was not even close to as physical in the first period as Hutch was.

The way the Cardinals have been playing, my guess is this is a 7-3 or 8-3 kind of final and the white Yukon with Luverne hockey on the door is heading up 169 next week with a case of Schells light in the trunk area for his enjoying pleasure. :lol:
last change is going to be huge. I haven't seen Luverne play in person, but from what I understand neither team plays a physical style of hockey. That's going to be a huge factor. 1 goal game, 2 if someone pulls the tendy. Luverne wins in a footrace bit I think if litch plays physical they're going to the dance.

SouthernMinnFan
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:22 am

Post by SouthernMinnFan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:45 am

As long as Luverne's goalie can stop 18 shots Luverne will win by a minimum of 4.

danglesnipecelly13
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by danglesnipecelly13 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:48 am

SouthernMinnFan wrote:As long as Luverne's goalie can stop 18 shots Luverne will win by a minimum of 4.
lol litch gets 35 shots minimum against way better competition. Zero chance of he only saves 18 they win. Just a horrible take.

danglesnipecelly13
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by danglesnipecelly13 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:53 am

danglesnipecelly13 wrote:
SouthernMinnFan wrote:As long as Luverne's goalie can stop 18 shots Luverne will win by a minimum of 4.
lol litch gets 35 shots minimum against way better competition. Zero chance of he only saves 18 they win. Just a horrible take.
scratch that 45 shots per game

CherryPicker99
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:21 am

Post by CherryPicker99 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:58 am

danglesnipecelly13 wrote:
danglesnipecelly13 wrote:
SouthernMinnFan wrote:As long as Luverne's goalie can stop 18 shots Luverne will win by a minimum of 4.
lol litch gets 35 shots minimum against way better competition. Zero chance of he only saves 18 they win. Just a horrible take.
scratch that 45 shots per game
According to the Hub Litch out shot Luverne in their only meeting this year 35-31.

Whiner33
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Whiner33 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:00 am

hawkenjonny wrote:I know you have a different coach this year Herb. Hopefully he understands the concept of last change and adjustments to a game plan that isn't effective. If not, someone better school him on it. I'm sure you know someone down there that gets it. Hope to see Luverne at the X along with my thawks (if they don't cough it up against DE)
Hawkenjonny you can watch him choke one off in St. Cloud against Little falls. Wonder if he will put his third line out to start the game against Little falls?!?! Hilary what's the son saying?

GoldyGopher
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 am
Location: Not Luverne

Post by GoldyGopher » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:03 am

Whiner33 wrote:
hawkenjonny wrote:I know you have a different coach this year Herb. Hopefully he understands the concept of last change and adjustments to a game plan that isn't effective. If not, someone better school him on it. I'm sure you know someone down there that gets it. Hope to see Luverne at the X along with my thawks (if they don't cough it up against DE)
Hawkenjonny you can watch him choke one off in St. Cloud against Little falls. Wonder if he will put his third line out to start the game against Little falls?!?! Hilary what's the son saying?
^^^ LOL
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

Whiner33
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Whiner33 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:03 am

danglesnipecelly13 wrote:
danglesnipecelly13 wrote:
SouthernMinnFan wrote:As long as Luverne's goalie can stop 18 shots Luverne will win by a minimum of 4.
lol litch gets 35 shots minimum against way better competition. Zero chance of he only saves 18 they win. Just a horrible take.
scratch that 45 shots per game
If Luverne gets 45 shots they will score 10 goals.

elliott70
Posts: 13622
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:22 am

danglesnipecelly13 wrote:
SouthernMinnFan wrote:As long as Luverne's goalie can stop 18 shots Luverne will win by a minimum of 4.
lol litch gets 35 shots minimum against way better competition. Zero chance of he only saves 18 they win. Just a horrible take.
Litch played 5 games against 'way better' competition. Had over 45 shots in one of those games and number may have been skewed.
Had over 38 in one other game.
Against a team that definitely was way better they had 16 shots.

Support your team but don't BS the BSers.

In the only game between these two, Litch outshot them 35 to 31, but lost 6-3. But Litch had 8 more minutes in penalty time so should have had 10 more shots.

Litch needs to stay out of the box and Luverne needs 12 or more penalty minutes for this to be close.

6 to 2 for Luverne.

danglesnipecelly13
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by danglesnipecelly13 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:43 am

elliott70 wrote:
danglesnipecelly13 wrote:
SouthernMinnFan wrote:As long as Luverne's goalie can stop 18 shots Luverne will win by a minimum of 4.
lol litch gets 35 shots minimum against way better competition. Zero chance of he only saves 18 they win. Just a horrible take.
Litch played 5 games against 'way better' competition. Had over 45 shots in one of those games and number may have been skewed.
Had over 38 in one other game.
Against a team that definitely was way better they had 16 shots.

Support your team but don't BS the BSers.

In the only game between these two, Litch outshot them 35 to 31, but lost 6-3. But Litch had 8 more minutes in penalty time so should have had 10 more shots.

Litch needs to stay out of the box and Luverne needs 12 or more penalty minutes for this to be close.

6 to 2 for Luverne.
what I'm sayi,g is litch averaged 45 shots a game through the regular season so saying that if erikson makes 18 saves Luverne wins is ridiculous. I'm not sayin litch is a lock to win this game I'm saying I think it's going to be much closer than all of you homers think. I'd give each team 40 ish shots. Gonna be a goaltenders game if it doesn't start and stay physical.

Post Reply