Section 3A : 2015-2016

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Teak

Section 3A : 2015-2016

Post by Teak » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Almost one month has gone by since a post in last season's thread so maybe it's time to start a thread for this season.

Big news for the new season is that both New Ulm and Luverne lost their coaches. Derrick Brown went to take over the St. Cloud Cathedral squad. Not sure what happened to the New Ulm coach.

As with last season, I will be watching both Willmar and Marshall in person due to work commitments in both cities.

Here's to an argy-bargy-free season. Possible? :idea:

Teak

Post by Teak » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:02 pm

Ryan Neuman is the new coach at New Ulm.

I just noticed my mis-type in the heading. This will be a loooong season (2015 to 2106). :lol:

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:37 pm

Teak wrote:Ryan Neuman is the new coach at New Ulm.

I just noticed my mis-type in the heading. This will be a loooong season (2015 to 2106). :lol:
Fixed it. And thanks for starting the new thread, Teak. Twas time to put the old one to bed.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

Teak

Post by Teak » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:34 pm

east hockey wrote:

Fixed it. And thanks for starting the new thread, Teak. Twas time to put the old one to bed.

Lee
Thanks for fixing the title. I am not sure that I will be around in 2106. :roll:

TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:06 am

Teak wrote:
east hockey wrote:

Lee
Thanks for fixing the title. I am not sure that I will be around in 2106. :roll:
It will be impressive if you are.
And, if you are, you better be still starting up a 3A thread.
By then, there should be several 3A state champions... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
What is a Green Wave anyway?

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:38 pm

Teak wrote:
east hockey wrote:

Lee
Anything is possible...
I am still here.

CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:33 pm

Sounds like Luverne found their new coach. Kullen Schroht, assistant from last year, was hired I believe.

Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:39 am

CherryPicker99 wrote:Sounds like Luverne found their new coach. Kullen Schroht, assistant from last year, was hired I believe.
Yes. They was announced back on 9/10/15.

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:40 pm

Corn Cobb wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:Sounds like Luverne found their new coach. Kullen Schroht, assistant from last year, was hired I believe.

Was there a press conference or where was the announcement?

Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:51 pm

notTONIGHT wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:

Yes, there was a huge press conference. I don't know how you could have missed it. It was at the Luverne Convention Center, right off of the 101st St. Exit. They cut to it live from a Twins game on FSN. My son was mad because he missed a home run by Miguel Sano and the Twins went on to win. I just told him that's how it is when it comes to Luverne Hockey. Roll Cards Roll!

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:29 pm

Froggy Richards wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:

Yes, there was a huge press conference. I don't know how you could have missed it. It was at the Luverne Convention Center, right off of the 101st St. Exit. They cut to it live from a Twins game on FSN. My son was mad because he missed a home run by Miguel Sano and the Twins went on to win. I just told him that's how it is when it comes to Luverne Hockey. Roll Cards Roll!
Golden post

HILARY2016

Post by HILARY2016 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:24 pm

Sounds like sauerkraut, your sure this isn't New Ulm's hire?

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:25 pm

Going to be a sad thread season with trout gone......

CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:04 am

notTONIGHT wrote:Going to be a sad thread season with trout gone......
I doubt it. We still have you and Whiner33. :D

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:26 pm

Live look at the Hutchinson Tigers team traveling to hockey games.

Cant believe those Jokers would drive to Marshall but couldn't make the final 1 hour push to Luverne in January.

This is what they will look like walking into the rink in Marshall, after the tremendous effort they put in to travel such a great distance.

Just come to Luverne next time you jokers!

Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:36 pm

CherryPicker99 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:Going to be a sad thread season with trout gone......
I doubt it. We still have you and Whiner33. :D
I suggest notTONIGHT change her name to Whiner34.

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:58 am

Is your point that the drive isn't very long, so teams should drive down to play you? Or is it that the drive is very long, and you're tired of having to drive to play others? I see SPA and Totino on the schedule, but a home-and-home with Willmar, Mankato East, and Hutchinson aren't exactly boosting your strength of schedule outside of the Big South.

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:04 am

InigoMontoya wrote:Is your point that the drive isn't very long, so teams should drive down to play you? Or is it that the drive is very long, and you're tired of having to drive to play others? I see SPA and Totino on the schedule, but a home-and-home with Willmar, Mankato East, and Hutchinson aren't exactly boosting your strength of schedule outside of the Big South.

New Prague has also been added. The point is Luverne is playing a home game with hutch. But hutch claimed they couldn't drive all the way to Luverne so the game is being played in Marshall. Its a joke. Its 2015, will be 2016 when the game is played, and those clowns couldn't make it to Luverne.

CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:08 am

InigoMontoya wrote:Is your point that the drive isn't very long, so teams should drive down to play you? Or is it that the drive is very long, and you're tired of having to drive to play others? I see SPA and Totino on the schedule, but a home-and-home with Willmar, Mankato East, and Hutchinson aren't exactly boosting your strength of schedule outside of the Big South.
I my opinion this is Luverne's best schedule that I can remember. I understand that its not great but better than normal. They have home games against SPA and Orono and travel to New Prague and Totino-Grace. Those should be 4 solid teams and should give people something to compare. I only see one game with Willmar, Mankato East and Hutch. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong schedule.

Should be another fun year in 3A. Anyone with early predictions as to who goes to the X?

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:11 am

CherryPicker99 wrote:
I my opinion this is Luverne's best schedule that I can remember. I understand that its not great but better than normal. They have home games against SPA and Orono and travel to New Prague and Totino-Grace. Those should be 4 solid teams and should give people something to compare. I only see one game with Willmar, Mankato East and Hutch. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong schedule.

Should be another fun year in 3A. Anyone with early predictions as to who goes to the X?
Yeah i have a prediction......

Roll cards roll!

CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:39 am

notTONIGHT wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:

Yeah i have a prediction......

Roll cards roll!
Anyone other than notTonight or Whiner33? We all could've predicted that would be your response. :D

rollCARDSroll

Post by rollCARDSroll » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:44 am

Here ya Go!!!

Roll CARDS Roll!!

computerguy

3a

Post by computerguy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:42 pm

Yep just like last year. The cards get rolled over....

hawkenjonny

Post by hawkenjonny » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:20 am

OK I'll bite. Been following this thread for a couple years and is never dull even though I don't always understand some of the inside stuff. Have to agree with Herb. I look for the cards to get to the X. Hope my GR guys can tough it out too. Better question for 3A might be who is going to stop Luverne. I see no one. Even last year, talent was there, don't know what happened.

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:30 am

hawkenjonny wrote:OK I'll bite. Been following this thread for a couple years and is never dull even though I don't always understand some of the inside stuff. Have to agree with Herb. I look for the cards to get to the X. Hope my GR guys can tough it out too. Better question for 3A might be who is going to stop Luverne. I see no one. Even last year, talent was there, don't know what happened.
Setterholm simply out-coached the Cardinals. Luverne had last change but you sure couldn't tell.