Section 3A : 2015-2016

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

notTONIGHT

Re: 3A

Post by notTONIGHT »

ldcfan wrote:You can't come up with 6 top forwards.. you have Nelson, Smedsrud, Beers & Kruse. Also, I see you like to keep your top lines in the whole game.... LDC pulls their top two lines after two periods when demolishing a team. I know your players and our top 3 beat out Smedrud & Nelson. ... And I know our top sophy beats Beers... I just don't know about Kruse (well kinda but haven't seen him play) by the way don't forget you lost to New Ulm twice last year... It will come down to coaching in this one...

LDC fan....thoughts?!?!
TooMuchFUn

Post by TooMuchFUn »

LDC will definitely get as many (or more) breaks again against Luverne...we will see what they do with them
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

notTONIGHT wrote:
ldcfan wrote:You can't come up with 6 top forwards.. you have Nelson, Smedsrud, Beers & Kruse. Also, I see you like to keep your top lines in the whole game.... LDC pulls their top two lines after two periods when demolishing a team. I know your players and our top 3 beat out Smedrud & Nelson. ... And I know our top sophy beats Beers... I just don't know about Kruse (well kinda but haven't seen him play) by the way don't forget you lost to New Ulm twice last year... It will come down to coaching in this one...

LDC fan....thoughts?!?!
Hey! Tony's back beating his chest. :P
HILARY2016

Post by HILARY2016 »

Hello Peeps, you too whines
pats12

Post by pats12 »

TooMuchFUn wrote:LDC will definitely get as many (or more) breaks again against Luverne...we will see what they do with them
Luverne hit 4-5 pipes today, so I'm not sure where all this talk is coming from about LDC not getting any breaks.
danglesnipecelly13

Post by danglesnipecelly13 »

Litch has 2-3 pipes. Luvernes goalie stood on his head we all know he rarely would have saved 32 shots or whatever it was hats off to him. Idc is deceptively fast that's why Lucerne was taking the penalties just trying to slow them down. All legitament calls. Except that icing call that they called after niska came out and played the puck. I think it was very well officiated. I hope this is the section final game. I think litch has some situational things to work on and I don't think Lucerne is gonna get any better than they were today. Just my opinion though
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

danglesnipecelly13 wrote:Litch has 2-3 pipes. Luvernes goalie stood on his head we all know he rarely would have saved 32 shots or whatever it was hats off to him. Idc is deceptively fast that's why Lucerne was taking the penalties just trying to slow them down. All legitament calls. Except that icing call that they called after niska came out and played the puck. I think it was very well officiated. I hope this is the section final game. I think litch has some situational things to work on and I don't think Lucerne is gonna get any better than they were today. Just my opinion though
The cards played at 65% go to bed!
pats12

Post by pats12 »

danglesnipecelly13 wrote:Litch has 2-3 pipes. Luvernes goalie stood on his head we all know he rarely would have saved 32 shots or whatever it was hats off to him. Idc is deceptively fast that's why Lucerne was taking the penalties just trying to slow them down. All legitament calls. Except that icing call that they called after niska came out and played the puck. I think it was very well officiated. I hope this is the section final game. I think litch has some situational things to work on and I don't think Lucerne is gonna get any better than they were today. Just my opinion though
Your delusional, they might have hit it once. Typical poorly officiated sw mn game. That game played in metro doesn't have any penalties called. This is always what happens when one team is getting blown out, refs call everything on the other team trying to keep them in the game.
Luverne probably won't get any better. I'd be surprised if they even practice the rest of the year, just show up for games.
rollCARDSroll

Post by rollCARDSroll »

notTONIGHT wrote:

LDC fan....thoughts?!?!

Crickets.....

ROLLCARDSROLL!!!
danglesnipecelly13

Post by danglesnipecelly13 »

Nobody in this section is gonna beat the cards If they can't figure out how to body the Nelson kid, simple as that. I'm not delusional I'm just a little less biased. I didn't think it was a blowout like everybody here seems to. These two meet in section finals it'll be a much different game.
pats12

Post by pats12 »

danglesnipecelly13 wrote:Nobody in this section is gonna beat the cards If they can't figure out how to body the Nelson kid, simple as that. I'm not delusional I'm just a little less biased. I didn't think it was a blowout like everybody here seems to. These two meet in section finals it'll be a much different game.
I agree, if Luverne comes in thinking the have it won before it starts, they will get beat. Hopefully both teams play better than the other day, both teams looked at little slow to me.
computerguy

3a

Post by computerguy »

You hit the nail on the head. The peeps in luverne year after year think they have the section won before they actually play the games. If history repeats itself they will be over confident and get beat in the playoffs by a better more hard working team. Litch, hutch, NU or maybe willmar. Are the cards beatable? You better believe it. Just look at the last few years....I bet it's a long quite drive back to South Dakota other than making phone calls to cancel room reservations in St.Paul. Cart before the horse never works.
rollCARDSroll

Post by rollCARDSroll »

danglesnipecelly13 wrote:Nobody in this section is gonna beat the cards If they can't figure out how to body the Nelson kid, simple as that. I'm not delusional I'm just a little less biased. I didn't think it was a blowout like everybody here seems to. These two meet in section finals it'll be a much different game.
Figure it out?

There's a reason the gophers want him, along with every other D1 school.

Not anything to figure out. He's better than they are.
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

rollCARDSroll wrote:
Figure it out?

There's a reason the gophers want him, along with every other D1 school.

Not anything to figure out. He's better than they are.
A little defensive are we? That is the point, the other team will have to make it a focal point to put a body on him and stop going for the poke check.

Yes he is a great player and that is why teams will have to make it a priority to slow him down if they want to win.
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

So, was it pipes or penalties that did Luverne in this afternoon against Totino?
pats12

Post by pats12 »

Corn Cobb wrote:So, was it pipes or penalties that did Luverne in this afternoon against Totino?
Poor 10 minutes in the 1st.
rollCARDSroll

Post by rollCARDSroll »

Corn Cobb wrote:So, was it pipes or penalties that did Luverne in this afternoon against Totino?
Actually....a pipe was hit by totino.

One person in the building thought it was a goal. And that was the one person that mattered.

Nice crowd by the way.
BP

Post by BP »

rollCARDSroll wrote:

One person in the building thought it was a goal. And that was the one person that mattered.

Nice crowd by the way.
I'd be more worries about giving up 7 goals to a team that's not scoring too many goals on the season and been mediocre this year than worry about "Pipegate."
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

BP wrote:
rollCARDSroll wrote:

Nice crowd by the way.
I'd be more worries about giving up 7 goals to a team that's not scoring too many goals on the season and been mediocre this year than worry about "Pipegate."
Yeah, the less than .732 save % should be a concern.
Last edited by Corn Cobb on Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

Wreckincrew

Post by Wreckincrew »

Corn Cobb wrote:
BP wrote:
rollCARDSroll wrote: Actually....a pipe was hit by totino.

Nice crowd by the way.
Yeah, the less than .732 save % should be a concern.
Maybe Luverne just has a hard time playing against Eagles?
Teak

Post by Teak »

Corn Cobb wrote:Article write-up on the game:

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article ... r_id=32760
Very telling quote in that article: The trio of Ryan Johnson, Cam Fa_gerlee and Hentges leads the Eagles in scoring. The three have been playing together for years, dating back to youth hockey at Irondale.

Maybe a better matchup would have been public school Luverne versus public school Irondale. What was the name of the Totino-Grace team: the Recruiters?

:lol:

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on this loss. Games like this better prepare outstate public schools for the eventual run-in with Metro privates.
Bluelightspecial-II

Post by Bluelightspecial-II »

Teak wrote:

Very telling quote in that article: The trio of Ryan Johnson, Cam Fa_gerlee and Hentges leads the Eagles in scoring. The three have been playing together for years, dating back to youth hockey at Irondale.

Maybe a better matchup would have been public school Luverne versus public school Irondale. What was the name of the Totino-Grace team:

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on this loss. Games like this better prepare outstate public schools for the eventual run-in with Metro privates.
What part of town does the Beers boy live in?😀
Teak

Post by Teak »

Bluelightspecial-II wrote:
Teak wrote:

Maybe a better matchup would have been public school Luverne versus public school Irondale. What was the name of the Totino-Grace team:

Where is the town of Totino-Grace? I got out my map of Minnesota, but I can't find it.

Here in out-state Minnesota ("there be monsters here"), schools have co-op programs in order to get numbers and provide an opportunity for students from smaller schools to participate in a sport that their own small local high school does not provide.

Beers? I have found beers all over the southwestern part of the state.

News Flash: On the schedule today at Lockwood Motors Ice Arena in Marshall, MN, is the game Hutchinson versus Luverne. Is that true? Will I have to drive down to Marshall to find out?

If true, that would keep Hutch's record of NEVER visiting Luverne intact.
Bluelightspecial-II

Post by Bluelightspecial-II »

Teak wrote:
Bluelightspecial-II wrote:
Teak wrote: Very telling quote in that article: The trio of Ryan Johnson, Cam Fa_gerlee and Hentges leads the Eagles in scoring. The three have been playing together for years, dating back to youth hockey at Irondale.

Where is the town of Totino-Grace? I got out my map of Minnesota, but I can't find it.

Here in out-state Minnesota ("there be monsters here"), schools have co-op programs in order to get numbers and provide an opportunity for students from smaller schools to participate in a sport that their own small local high school does not provide.

Beers? I have found beers all over the southwestern part of the state.

News Flash: On the schedule today at Lockwood Motors Ice Arena in Marshall, MN, is the game Hutchinson versus Luverne. Is that true? Will I have to drive down to Marshall to find out?

If true, that would keep Hutch's record of NEVER visiting Luverne intact.
Didn't answer the question. Seems there's always an excuse when the Cards come to town.