Stillwater - Lakeville North

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Traxler

Stillwater - Lakeville North

Post by Traxler »

Can anyone who was at the game provide some insight as to what happened? Did the Lakeville North goalies just have a bad night? Was Stillwater just waiting for the perfect shot and sniping the corners perfectly? Was the game reporting wrong and did Stillwater actually take 32 shots instead of 12 to score 6 goals?
WarmUpTheBus

Re: Stillwater - Lakeville North

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

[quote="Traxler"]Can anyone who was at the game provide some insight as to what happened? Did the Lakeville North goalies just have a bad night? Was Stillwater just waiting for the perfect shot and sniping the corners perfectly? Was the game reporting wrong and did Stillwater actually take 32 shots instead of 12 to score 6 goals?[/quote]
When I had to leave it was 3 goals on 6 shots late in the second. The first goal was off a turnover in Lakeville's defensive zone that left a Stillwater player all alone to the goal. The second and third goals were from players left all alone in the slot.
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

Traxler wrote:Can anyone who was at the game provide some insight as to what happened? Did the Lakeville North goalies just have a bad night? Was Stillwater just waiting for the perfect shot and sniping the corners perfectly? Was the game reporting wrong and did Stillwater actually take 32 shots instead of 12 to score 6 goals?
Nope, Stillwater only had 12 shots. Lakeville will need to sure up on the D, but they sure can put the puck in the net themselves.
min090

Post by min090 »

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
Traxler wrote:Can anyone who was at the game provide some insight as to what happened? Did the Lakeville North goalies just have a bad night? Was Stillwater just waiting for the perfect shot and sniping the corners perfectly? Was the game reporting wrong and did Stillwater actually take 32 shots instead of 12 to score 6 goals?
When I had to leave it was 3 goals on 6 shots late in the second. The first goal was off a turnover in Lakeville's defensive zone that left a Stillwater player all alone to the goal. The second and third goals were from players left all alone in the slot.
North totally dominated the play. 2 of the first 3 goals for Stillwater were not the goalie's fault. I didn't understand Eigner yanking the goalie. Buzz E came in and looked overmatched on the few shots he had to face and gave up very soft goals. Inexperienced D and soft goaltending contributed to the upset.
hockey below the cities

Post by hockey below the cities »

I am sure Sats81 will respond from his witness protection Hideout

NOPE 12 shots total....EEEEK

but as what has been said on here at great length this isnt last years team
NO Eddy (or anything remotely close) No Mcneely, Sadek or Seper
(although Johnson's hair could compete in the long run)

Stillwater had issues defensively as did North
I will say this Sats81 was at the game and was awfully Quiet
Maybe he was transfixed on the greatest bantam ever to play
who knows ...I guess in this case its 1 game but......

SILENCE IS GOLDEN
Trout

Post by Trout »

Ponies were not great last night but found a way to win.

I am sure they will be happy to have people calling it a "fluke win" or "lucky win". We will see if they can have some consistency.

This group of kids knows how to win which the Ponies have not had....maybe ever. The top line for the ponies looked weak last night for sure and didn't have their best game...expect them to play better. The 2nd and 3rd lines were OK. Depth may be their best asset and if they get their top line going they will be a very tough out. Not a fluke but by no means did the ponies look like world beaters last night.
buttend

Post by buttend »

hockey below the cities wrote:

SILENCE IS GOLDEN
It will soon be 21 shots when the Stats-istician does his magic.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

SILENCE IS GOLDEN
No hiding out needed. Unlike you (and your beloved Elko Cougars) and most on here, I will take it on the chin like a man when my team loses. Funny that you ONLY comment on LN stuff by the way. Hilarious actually.

Few things...for people who were actually at the game and are more than a casual observer....ice was slanted in LN's favor 75-80% of the night. Anytime you give up only 12 shots in a hockey game you expect to win. Bottom line. Goalies MUST make routine saves. No excuse, just the truth. Hockey is a team guy, goalies included. Everyone must do their jobs to win. SW is a decent team. Not great. I don't see them beating Hill Murray when it counts.

Take all the shots at LN you would like. However, this program has lost 3 HOCKEY GAMES since December 7th 2013. 3 GAMES. They have gone on a run of 57-3. Had 2 separate winning streaks of 19 and 31 games. 9 D-1 commits, 2 state championship games, 1 state title. Let that all sink in. Again, let that all sink in. If you want to run your mouth after that, feel free. Rarified air that maybe early 90s Jefferson, mid 90s duluth east and a few select others can comment on. Unless you are those elite groups your opinion matters little to me.
Hockeyisnotlife

Post by Hockeyisnotlife »

Theres a reason "Eddy" got out of there.....
Gotothenetman

Post by Gotothenetman »

Sats81 wrote:

SILENCE IS GOLDEN
No hiding out needed. Unlike you (and your beloved Elko Cougars) and most on here, I will take it on the chin like a man when my team loses. Funny that you ONLY comment on LN stuff by the way. Hilarious actually.

Few things...for people who were actually at the game and are more than a casual observer....ice was slanted in LN's favor 75-80% of the night. Anytime you give up only 12 shots in a hockey game you expect to win. Bottom line. Goalies MUST make routine saves. No excuse, just the truth. Hockey is a team guy, goalies included. Everyone must do their jobs to win. SW is a decent team. Not great. I don't see them beating Hill Murray when it counts.

Take all the shots at LN you would like. However, this program has lost 3 HOCKEY GAMES since December 7th 2013. 3 GAMES. They have gone on a run of 57-3. Had 2 separate winning streaks of 19 and 31 games. 9 D-1 commits, 2 state championship games, 1 state title. Let that all sink in. Again, let that all sink in. If you want to run your mouth after that, feel free. Rarified air that maybe early 90s Jefferson, mid 90s duluth east and a few select others can comment on. Unless you are those elite groups your opinion matters little to me.
Hey Sats any talk of Eigs firing his recruiting coordinator with the goalie selection? There must have been a better one out there. Got out recruited possibly? What happened to if you build it they will come?
hunting247

Post by hunting247 »

Sats81 wrote:
All born and raised in Lakeville North :roll:
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Gotothenetman wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
hockey below the cities wrote: I am sure Sats81 will respond from his witness protection Hideout

SILENCE IS GOLDEN

Hey Sats any talk of Eigs firing his recruiting coordinator with the goalie selection? There must have been a better one out there. Got out recruited possibly? What happened to if you build it they will come?
Stick to your powerhouse Rosemount program. Enough problems to worry about over there.
hockey below the cities

Sats81 wrote:

SILENCE IS GOLDEN

I love how you live in the past

but you said it was slanted and they still didnt finish the JOB
As for Hiding out SATS81 I was right next to you (kinda)
feel free to Introduce yourself next time.

Im sure the North recruiting process is in full swing trying to find a goalie that can stop a Puck ...maybe you can have Elko or the greater Minneapolis Metro (oh sorry you already do)

Look at the bright side you have Shakopee next on your run to 21 straight (LMAO)
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

No question north out played SW last and they didn't get much help between the pipes but they also gave up some awfully good scoring chances that the ponies cashed in on. In my opinion the shot clock totals were dubious at best, very one sided but I'm willing to bet the number was greater than 12. Big take away here is the north D is a work in progress, should get better but not in the same league as a year ago.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Sats81 wrote:Unless you are those elite groups your opinion matters little to me.
I'm actually surprised LN was able to get 5 goals against SW and Benson. I was expecting something around 3-2 or 4-2 SW win. :P
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Sats81 wrote:
hockey below the cities wrote: I am sure Sats81 will respond from his witness protection Hideout

SILENCE IS GOLDEN

Im sure the North recruiting process is in full swing trying to find a goalie that can stop a Puck ...maybe you can have Elko or the greater Minneapolis Metro (oh sorry you already do)

Look at the bright side you have Shakopee next on your run to 21 straight (LMAO)
Lets see, 11 posts total, all related to bashing me or LN. Don't give away your hand too much! Right next to me? So now I have a secret admirer/stalker. Kind of creepy actually. Did you like my outfit? Hair look good? Please share your opinion since you seem to be so infatuated with Sats/anything LN related.
Wet Paint

Post by Wet Paint »

keepyourheadup wrote:No question north out played SW last and they didn't get much help between the pipes but they also gave up some awfully good scoring chances that the ponies cashed in on. In my opinion the shot clock totals were dubious at best, very one sided but I'm willing to bet the number was greater than 12. Big take away here is the north D is a work in progress, should get better but not in the same league as a year ago.
Shot clock totals are always off. I watched a Grand Rapids game last year in GR and I thought the guy running the official clock was either having a seizure with his finger on the button or had his kid in the net and wanted to pad his stats. The shots on goal number pretty much never agrees with what is happening on the ice at most rinks. The local kid gets his numbers padded and the away kid gets his shot totals reduced. The only count that matters is the one on the score board and from the looks of this score Edquist was smart to take off for greener pastures when the opportunity presented itself.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

hunting247 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Nice part about this board is everyone is entitled to their opinions. Including hunting247 who comes out of the woodwork now!
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Wet Paint wrote:
keepyourheadup wrote:No question north out played SW last and they didn't get much help between the pipes but they also gave up some awfully good scoring chances that the ponies cashed in on. In my opinion the shot clock totals were dubious at best, very one sided but I'm willing to bet the number was greater than 12. Big take away here is the north D is a work in progress, should get better but not in the same league as a year ago.
Shot clock totals are always off. I watched a Grand Rapids game last year in GR and I thought the guy running the official clock was either having a seizure with his finger on the button or had his kid in the net and wanted to pad his stats. The shots on goal number pretty much never agrees with what is happening on the ice at most rinks. The local kid gets his numbers padded and the away kid gets his shot totals reduced. The only count that matters is the one on the score board and from the looks of this score Edquist was smart to take off for greener pastures when the opportunity presented itself.
Please, share you inside knowledge of the Edquist departure that you know so much about!

Took off for greener pastures? Bc LN was such a bad place for Eddy to play!
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Here is the Hub article

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article ... r_id=32760

See my comments on the Elliotts Dec 1 game thread.

I was a bit disappointed the SW fans didnt fill their seating sections. Come on fans! If youre a top 10 team , get with the program. One fella even asked me at 6.50 if vacant rows were reserved.

Anyway, At the buzzer, the scoreboard showed 14 shots for SW, in the articles since then Ive seen both 12 and 10. Anyway you look at it, SW didnt have many shots and they scored on 6 of them. Both LVN goalies need some maturing.

LVN controlled offensive zone time and outshot almost 3 to 1. Poehling was his usual magical self. Johnson and Schneider played up to expectation. Panthers got some of best offensive weapons in the state.

SW was opportunistic on defensive lapses and loose pucks. Sagissor is fast coming into the zone and powering his way to the net, put up 4 goals, but a couple goals he didnt have to snipe too much cause he had half the net to shoot at close range. You could debate whether goalie should have moved over quicker, or whether D should have cleared the shooter or else cleared the puck

LVN should have been able to bury the Ponies after Poehlings sensational 3rd goal of the game which was a demoralizing shorty. Instead , I sensed there was some overcelebration followed by mental letdown of intensity, and some of the forwards and D had some D zone lapses.

Lakeville D plan got to adjust. Keep body on opposing forward during the rush, keep men out of the slot afterwards, clear the rebounds, and better outlet passes. Forwards may have to play deeper in D zone for a while. Especially important while giving the goalies time to mature over next few games

I had SW ranked in my lower top 10 and LVN in my top 3. I figured SW deserved top 10 due to 4 Pony players putting up decent points in Elite action, along with Benson and Bjugstad.

Even so, I went to the game expecting a 3-4 goal win by the Panthers. Even though I knew LvN goaltending was untested. Just because I figured the Ponies would spook having to play undefeated champs on home ice. Give credit to Ponies for not being overwhelmed, being very opportunistic and coming back from could have easily been an insurmountable 3 to 1 deficit which easily could have turned into a blowout

I think Ive got SW on my schedule again at St. Louis Park Holiday tourney, although I dont think they rematch the Panthers there.

I will next see Panthers vs GRapids for noon game on the 12th, and I suspect they will have made the necessary defensive adjustments and be ready for the THawks.
hockey below the cities

Sats81 wrote:
Sats81 wrote: No hiding out needed. Unlike you (and your beloved Elko Cougars) and most on here, I will take it on the chin like a man when my team loses. Funny that you ONLY comment on LN stuff by the way. Hilarious actually.

Lets see, 11 posts total, all related to bashing me or LN. Don't give away your hand too much! Right next to me? So now I have a secret admirer/stalker. Kind of creepy actually. Did you like my outfit? Hair look good? Please share your opinion since you seem to be so infatuated with Sats/anything LN related.
No your beanie looked kinda dorky!!!!
Wet Paint

Post by Wet Paint »

Sats81 wrote:
Wet Paint wrote:
Please, share you inside knowledge of the Edquist departure that you know so much about!

I did not say that LvN was a bad place for him to play. But he had a perfect season, took his team to state and won it and looked good while doing it. He really had nothing more to prove and nothing more to benefit from if he staid in LvN. He left for greener pastures while the leaving was good. Smart kid for making the move
Hockeyisnotlife

Post by Hockeyisnotlife »

Sats81 wrote:
Wet Paint wrote:

Nothing to prove and not nearly the D to protect him this year. Same reason Perry left
Gotothenetman

Post by Gotothenetman »

Sats81 wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
Sats81 wrote: No hiding out needed. Unlike you (and your beloved Elko Cougars) and most on here, I will take it on the chin like a man when my team loses. Funny that you ONLY comment on LN stuff by the way. Hilarious actually.

Stick to your powerhouse Rosemount program. Enough problems to worry about over there.
Hey Sats thanks for the heads up, but you have the right conference just the wrong team.
badgermom78

Post by badgermom78 »

Sats81 wrote:
hunting247 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Nice part about this board is everyone is entitled to their opinions. Including hunting247 who comes out of the woodwork now!
Sats, your squad has been on a roll and to go along with the W's you have been shoveling your LVN #$%* down our throats the past two years so it is nice to see some of it flung back at you. No offense, but you are kind of an a$$.