Nathanial Benson on the Mend

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

That is great news.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Good to hear...EP kid who hit him....how long did they suspend him?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Answer: game ejection according to Hub. But this was a very weird situation when watching what happened at the rink. The refs sent him to the box and conferred for 5 to 10 minutes before anything went up on the scoreboard. Meanwhile they sent him to box not locker room. Then the five-minute major went up the board and I assumed a 10 minute mid-conduct since Johannes remained in the box. 20 minutes later, the game resumed and it was then Johannes left for the locker room. announcers were unclear about the penalty clarification I thought, like they were about other info during the game . Sogs were not announced each intermission for example .
Anyway, that was my perception.
@hockeytweet

Post by @hockeytweet »

That is absolutely great news that he is OK. Remarkable recovery.

The hit was sickening. I went down there on a Saturday to catch the Hounds for the first time this year. You can't judge intent, and calling out the EP kid isn't my intention. But you just can't do that. He seemed remorseful while in the box, before heading to the locker room. I hope a valuable lesson was learned.

It is a pretty sobering experience to witness. We've all seen the "close call" hits from behind.

Good luck to him and his family and I hope he's back on the ice soon.
gorilla1

Post by gorilla1 »

Is there any requirement for coaches and the MSHSL don't look into situations where there are repeated incidents on the ice. Does anyone know if the MSHSL has in place any kind of requirements that if a player gets 2, 3 or more 5 minutes major in games that the MSHSL steps in to see if it is a problem?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

gorilla1 wrote:Is there any requirement for coaches and the MSHSL don't look into situations where there are repeated incidents on the ice. Does anyone know if the MSHSL has in place any kind of requirements that if a player gets 2, 3 or more 5 minutes major in games that the MSHSL steps in to see if it is a problem?
I don't remember the exact numbers, but the penalties for game misconducts get progressively worse. You miss one game for your first one, then a couple for a second, and so on until you're done for the year after a few of them.