Games Thursday 1/13

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70
Posts: 13620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Games Thursday 1/13

Post by elliott70 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:07 am

Prairie Centre Area vs Wadena-Deer Creek
North Shore vs International Falls

Mankato East/Loyola vs Owatonna
Fairmont vs Marshall

New Ulm vs Rochester Lourdes
Breck vs Holy Angels

Minnetonka vs Hopkins
Eden Prairie vs Wayzata

North St. Paul vs St. Thomas Academy
St. Louis Park vs AC Wings

Bloomington Jefferson vs Chanhassen
North Branch vs Buffalo

Cambridge-Isanti vs St. Francis
Chisago Lakes Area vs St. Michael-Albertville

Elk River/Zimmerman vs Anoka
Centennial vs Blaine

Osseo vs Totino-Grace
Coon Rapids vs Spring Lake Park

Lakeville North vs Eastview
Lakeville South vs Burnsville

Farmington vs Shakopee
Apple Valley vs Prior Lake

Minneapolis vs St. Paul Johnson
St. Paul Highland Park vs Pine City/Rush City

Litchfield/Dassel-Cokato vs Waconia
St. Paul Como Park vs Chaska

Sartell-St. Stephen vs River Lakes
Alexandria vs Sauk Rapids-Rice

Little Falls vs St. Cloud Tech
Moose Lake Area vs Becker/Big Lake

Rosemount vs Eagan
Duluth East vs White Bear Lake

Rochester Mayo vs Albert Lea
Winona vs Austin

Northfield vs Red Wing
Rochester Century vs Rochester John Marshall

Redwood Valley vs Luverne
LSHSPTCUC vs Windom Area

Brainerd vs Moorhead
Minnehaha Academy vs Simley

Blake vs St. Paul Academy
Grand Rapids vs Hibbing/Chisholm

Duluth Denfeld vs C-E-C
Proctor vs Ely/Northeast Range

Tartan vs Hill-Murray
South St. Paul vs Mahtomedi

Hastings vs Henry Sibley
Northern Lakes vs Park Rapids Area

Champlin Park vs Irondale
Maple Grove vs Andover

Park of Cottage Grove vs Mounds View
Forest Lake vs East Ridge

Roseville vs Stillwater Area
Cretin-Derham Hall vs Woodbury

East Grand Forks vs Bemidji
Warroad vs Thief River Falls

Kittson Central vs Crookston

TTpuckster
Posts: 2536
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:26 am
Location: State of Hockey

Post by TTpuckster » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:23 am

Let me see...
What game would Elliot be interested in....
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :mrgreen:
What is a Green Wave anyway?

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 6962
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Post by east hockey » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:26 am

TTpuckster wrote:Let me see...
What game would Elliot be interested in....
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :mrgreen:
That's if he can stay awake long enough. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

@hockeytweet
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by @hockeytweet » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:39 am

Let me see...
What game would Elliot be interested in....
Wadena vs Prairie Centre?
or
Marshall vs Fairmont?

Sats81
Posts: 2732
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:45 am

@hockeytweet wrote:
Let me see...
What game would Elliot be interested in....
Wadena vs Prairie Centre?
or
Marshall vs Fairmont?
Nah....Kittson Central vs Crookston

elliott70
Posts: 13620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:48 am

@hockeytweet wrote:
Let me see...
What game would Elliot be interested in....
Wadena vs Prairie Centre?
or
Marshall vs Fairmont?
One of my sisters in law and a niece live in Fairmont, so I will be watching that one - just to see if they can score.

I've coached some kids from Wadena over the years, so I guess I have an interest in that one also.

@hockeytweet
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by @hockeytweet » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:48 am

Nah....Kittson Central vs Crookston
In person, or on the radio?

:lol:

elliott70
Posts: 13620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:48 am

Sats81 wrote:
@hockeytweet wrote:
Let me see...
What game would Elliot be interested in....
Wadena vs Prairie Centre?
or
Marshall vs Fairmont?
Nah....Kittson Central vs Crookston
Both these towns' youth teams are under my jurisdiction, so yes, I always follow them.

elliott70
Posts: 13620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:50 am

EGF and Bemidji should be over by the middle of the third now that EGF doesn't have their home cooking refs to give them a chance.

Of course, Bemidji has never had a home town ref with all the college kids making a living while going to school.

elliott70
Posts: 13620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:51 am

east hockey wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:Let me see...
What game would Elliot be interested in....
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :mrgreen:
That's if he can stay awake long enough. :mrgreen:

Lee
At my age just getting OUT of bed in the morning is an accomplishment.

elliott70
Posts: 13620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Re: Games Thursday 1/13

Post by elliott70 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:54 am

But enough silliness, here are my games of the day:

North Shore vs International Falls
Minnetonka vs Hopkins

Eden Prairie vs Wayzata
Chisago Lakes Area vs St. Michael-Albertville

Elk River/Zimmerman vs Anoka
Centennial vs Blaine

Osseo vs Totino-Grace
Lakeville North vs Eastview

Lakeville South vs Burnsville
Little Falls vs St. Cloud Tech

Rosemount vs Eagan
Duluth East vs White Bear Lake

Rochester Century vs Rochester John Marshall
Brainerd vs Moorhead

Grand Rapids vs Hibbing/Chisholm
Duluth Denfeld vs C-E-C

Tartan vs Hill-Murray
South St. Paul vs Mahtomedi

Roseville vs Stillwater Area
East Grand Forks vs Bemidji

Warroad vs Thief River Falls
Kittson Central vs Crookston
Last edited by elliott70 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

WarmUpTheBus
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:59 am

[quote="elliott70"][quote="@hockeytweet"][quote]Let me see...
What game would Elliot be interested in....[/quote]

Wadena vs Prairie Centre?
or
Marshall vs Fairmont?[/quote]

One of my sisters in law and a niece live in Fairmont, so I will be watching that one - just to see if they can score.

I've coached some kids from Wadena over the years, so I guess I have an interest in that one also.[/quote]
What positions do your sister and niece play? How many points do they have so far?

elliott70
Posts: 13620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:03 am

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
@hockeytweet wrote:
Let me see...
What game would Elliot be interested in....
Wadena vs Prairie Centre?
or
Marshall vs Fairmont?
One of my sisters in law and a niece live in Fairmont, so I will be watching that one - just to see if they can score.

I've coached some kids from Wadena over the years, so I guess I have an interest in that one also.
What positions do your sister and niece play? How many points do they have so far?
Playing for Fairmont they probably don't have any points.

TheHockeyDJ
Posts: 2245
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:41 am
Location: Orange County, California
Contact:

Post by TheHockeyDJ » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:30 am

Elk River vs Anoka seems like a pretty good candidate for a game of the day.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine

elliott70
Posts: 13620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:40 am

TheHockeyDJ wrote:Elk River vs Anoka seems like a pretty good candidate for a game of the day.
I don't think any one is interested.
Not in the same section, Anoka plays a couple of lesser Section 7 teams AND play Duluth East later in the season, but at his point not really relevant to Section 7 seeding.

The Anoka DEast game may be a game of the day.

Might have some Section 5 implication and conference implication...

okay..
I'll add it.

(just shows how important metro hockey is... ) :D

elliott70
Posts: 13620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:42 am

TheHockeyDJ wrote:Elk River vs Anoka seems like a pretty good candidate for a game of the day.
Hey, I already had it on there......

Is it that cold in Alaska???

TheHockeyDJ
Posts: 2245
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:41 am
Location: Orange County, California
Contact:

Post by TheHockeyDJ » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:46 am

elliott70 wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:Elk River vs Anoka seems like a pretty good candidate for a game of the day.
Hey, I already had it on there......

Is it that cold in Alaska???
No, been in the 40's and rain where I'm at, just like the last two winters. Anchorage is the new Seattle.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine

elliott70
Posts: 13620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:58 am

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:Elk River vs Anoka seems like a pretty good candidate for a game of the day.
Hey, I already had it on there......

Is it that cold in Alaska???
No, been in the 40's and rain where I'm at, just like the last two winters. Anchorage is the new Seattle.
That's too bad.

Maybe you have not heard, we hate Seattle, now.

TTpuckster
Posts: 2536
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:26 am
Location: State of Hockey

Post by TTpuckster » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:53 am

elliott70 wrote:EGF and Bemidji should be over by the middle of the third now that EGF doesn't have their home cooking refs to give them a chance.

Of course, Bemidji has never had a home town ref with all the college kids making a living while going to school.
Liar, Liar...
I was at the EGF vrs Bemidji game last season, in December,and that was all home cookin', never seen so bad...

If the refs are not paid off, EGF will win, even without Loven. :mrgreen:
What is a Green Wave anyway?

elliott70
Posts: 13620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:09 am

TTpuckster wrote:
elliott70 wrote:EGF and Bemidji should be over by the middle of the third now that EGF doesn't have their home cooking refs to give them a chance.

Of course, Bemidji has never had a home town ref with all the college kids making a living while going to school.
Liar, Liar...
I was at the EGF vrs Bemidji game last season, in December,and that was all home cookin', never seen so bad...

If the refs are not paid off, EGF will win, even without Loven. :mrgreen:
Okay, if we are making excuses the Jacks will be without Kopisky (as they were in the first game, no Kopisky and against the hometown refs).

Speaking of refs, to whom do I make the check payable.

:lol:


It will be a good one. Wish I could make the drive, that mile and a half is a killer.

WestMetro
Posts: 2908
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Post by WestMetro » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:26 am

The Sorenson/Johannes matchup --who can accumulate most penalty minutes?

ZachHalverson
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by ZachHalverson » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:28 am

Sats81 wrote:
@hockeytweet wrote:
Let me see...
What game would Elliot be interested in....
Wadena vs Prairie Centre?
or
Marshall vs Fairmont?
Nah....Kittson Central vs Crookston
Kittson Central by a mile...

Anyways #35 Redwood Valley vs. #42 Luverne should be a close one, but the game of the night has to go to #43 North Shore and #44 International Falls.

elliott70
Posts: 13620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:35 am

ZachHalverson wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
@hockeytweet wrote:
Let me see...
What game would Elliot be interested in....
Wadena vs Prairie Centre?
or
Marshall vs Fairmont?
Nah....Kittson Central vs Crookston
Kittson Central by a mile...

Anyways #35 Redwood Valley vs. #42 Luverne should be a close one, but the game of the night has to go to #43 North Shore and #44 International Falls.
I'm cheering for the Broncos.

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: Games Thursday 1/13

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:19 pm

elliott70 wrote:Prairie Centre Area vs Wadena-Deer Creek
North Shore vs International Falls

Mankato East/Loyola vs Owatonna
Fairmont vs Marshall

New Ulm vs Rochester Lourdes
Breck vs Holy Angels

Minnetonka vs Hopkins
Eden Prairie vs Wayzata

North St. Paul vs St. Thomas Academy
St. Louis Park vs AC Wings

Bloomington Jefferson vs Chanhassen
North Branch vs Buffalo

Cambridge-Isanti vs St. Francis
Chisago Lakes Area vs St. Michael-Albertville

Elk River/Zimmerman vs Anoka
Centennial vs Blaine

Osseo vs Totino-Grace
Coon Rapids vs Spring Lake Park

Lakeville North vs Eastview
Lakeville South vs Burnsville

Farmington vs Shakopee
Apple Valley vs Prior Lake

Minneapolis vs St. Paul Johnson
St. Paul Highland Park vs Pine City/Rush City

Litchfield/Dassel-Cokato vs Waconia
St. Paul Como Park vs Chaska

Sartell-St. Stephen vs River Lakes
Alexandria vs Sauk Rapids-Rice

Little Falls vs St. Cloud Tech
Moose Lake Area vs Becker/Big Lake

Rosemount vs Eagan
Duluth East vs White Bear Lake

Rochester Mayo vs Albert Lea
Winona vs Austin

Northfield vs Red Wing
Rochester Century vs Rochester John Marshall

Redwood Valley vs Luverne
LSHSPTCUC vs Windom Area

Brainerd vs Moorhead
Minnehaha Academy vs Simley

Blake vs St. Paul Academy
Grand Rapids vs Hibbing/Chisholm

Duluth Denfeld vs C-E-C
Proctor vs Ely/Northeast Range

Tartan vs Hill-Murray
South St. Paul vs Mahtomedi

Hastings vs Henry Sibley
Northern Lakes vs Park Rapids Area

Champlin Park vs Irondale
Maple Grove vs Andover

Park of Cottage Grove vs Mounds View
Forest Lake vs East Ridge

Roseville vs Stillwater Area
Cretin-Derham Hall vs Woodbury

East Grand Forks vs Bemidji
Warroad vs Thief River Falls

Kittson Central vs Crookston
Some good ones tonight!

WestMetro
Posts: 2908
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Post by WestMetro » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:51 pm

Warm ups are done
-------
Lake conference rival Eagles and Trojans
------
EP has big offensive edge, smaller D advantage also
-------
I would have said 2 months ago Trojans had goaltending edge, now I'm not so sure.
Both have played 2 goalies , who will start tonite?
--------
Trojans have an interesting mix of old and new names, some very talented sophomores

--------
2 D 1 commits on each team , I think
---------
M leading scorer for EP and Senden for Wzt I think
---------
Can Hank and Hunter stay out of box
---------
Let's see if GB has positive comments to offer before faceoff
-------
Schilling vs Durocher
-----
Trojans score, goal by Stevens
-----
Soren son scores from BL
------
Have not seen Hunter Johannes
------
MG scores for EP, Sogs 8 to 5 EP
---/-/
CM scores after 11 seconds , mid slot snipe
-----
CM scores on Pp rush 5 hole I think
----
3 to 2 after 2 Sogs 14 to 10 EP, Trojans lots of time in box. But CM gets 2 at buzzer for tripping
-----
Still 3 to 2 with 12 to go,
-----
Down to 6.49
-----
Eng by Cm of all people Sogs 20 to 15
Last edited by WestMetro on Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post Reply