Forum Member Rankings

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Take Part in Weekly Forum Member Ranking

Yes (Top 20 Combined A/AA)
9%
Yes (Top 10 A and Top 10 AA)
9%
Yes (Top 15 A and Top 15 AA)
55%
No (I'd rather watch basketball)
27%

Total votes: 11

pipersniper12

Forum Member Rankings

Post by pipersniper12 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:34 am

Who wants or will take part in a ranking system 100% based on forum member voting/ranking?

Here is what it's going to look like. If there is a 20 team ranking system being used for the weekly poll, the 1st ranked team will receive 20 points, 2nd-19 points, 3rd 18 point, all the way down to 20th getting 1 point (15 team ranking - 1st gets 15 points, 10 team ranking - 1st gets 10 point). Each team's points will be tallied and then divided by the number of members who participated in the week's ranking. This will provide an average for each team. Teams will be ranked highest to lowest based solely on average.

Weekly Option Examples:

1. Rank your top 20 teams in the state (A/AA combined)
2. Rank top 15 teams for A and top 15 teams for AA.
3. Rank top 10 teams for A and top 10 teams for AA.

*All unrealistic rankings will not be included in the weekly rankings. Any ranking that will EASILY skew the overall results will not be included. (Example: #1 Dodge County, #2 Winona, #3 Ely or #1 Anoka, #2 Rosmount)
*Ranking will be open every Saturday night starting at 10PM and will continue through noon the following Monday. I will tally the first 25 forum rankings that are posted. If time allows, I will tally more than the first 25 rankings.
*Rankings will start this Saturday (1/16) @ 10 PM and will be done weekly. The last rankings will be the Sat-Mon before Section Playoffs start.
Hunt|Fish|Hockey

east hockey
Site Admin

Re: Forum Member Rankings

Post by east hockey » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:37 am

pipersniper12 wrote:Who wants or will take part in a ranking system 100% based on forum member voting/ranking?

Here is what it's going to look like. If there is a 20 team ranking system being used for the weekly poll, the 1st ranked team will receive 20 points, 2nd-19 points, 3rd 18 point, all the way down to 20th getting 1 point (15 team ranking - 1st gets 15 points, 10 team ranking - 1st gets 10 point). Each team's points will be tallied and then divided by the number of members who participated in the week's ranking. This will provide an average for each team. Teams will be ranked highest to lowest based solely on average.

Weekly Option Examples:

*All unrealistic rankings will not be included in the weekly rankings. Any ranking that will EASILY skew the overall results will not be included. (Example: #1 Dodge County, #2 Winona, #3 Ely or #1 Anoka, #2 Rosmount)
*Ranking will be open every Saturday night starting at 10PM and will continue through noon the following Monday. I will tally the first 25 forum rankings that are posted. If time allows, I will tally more than the first 25 rankings.
*Rankings will start this Saturday (1/16) @ 10 PM and will be done weekly. The last rankings will be the Sat-Mon before Section Playoffs start.
A few thoughts/questions:

1. Who determines what an unrealistic ranking is?

2. Previous question would rule out Zach Halvorson :)

3. What about the numerous sock puppets running around here? :)

4. Why not just defer to Sats81? He's easily the most objective poster here, after all. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:56 am

east hockey wrote:
pipersniper12 wrote:Who wants or will take part in a ranking system 100% based on forum member voting/ranking?

Weekly Option Examples:

4. Why not just defer to Sats81? He's easily the most objective poster here, after all. :mrgreen:

Lee
Yeah, sorry Lee. Not everyone can be the biggest apologist on the face of the earth for a 6-7 Duluth East team. Maybe its time we started calling the Hounds Grand Rapids instead?

pipersniper12

Post by pipersniper12 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:00 am

east hockey wrote:

Weekly Option Examples:

Lee
It should be pretty obvious who won't be included. You can form a committee if you want... Elliot, Sats, WestMetro, DJ, Karl, and you can be the President?? Common sense will dictate this one.
Hunt|Fish|Hockey

GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:28 am

WE have Karl's rankings. That's all I need with my cup of joe Sunday morning. The rest are all imposters. GB

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:37 am

Keep it as simple as possible. It is just a ranking.

And as long as HF is 4, LN is 5, and Bemidji is in the top 3 what difference does it make.

TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:00 am

GoldenBear wrote:WE have Karl's rankings. That's all I need with my cup of joe Sunday morning. The rest are all imposters. GB
Pretty much, except Karl has me scratching my head that he can't come to grips that Andover has plummeted to the 7 seed in 7AA.
Last edited by TheHockeyDJ on Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine

GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:20 am

Yea, but if Karl didn't have a few doozy's what this board would be dead. What would we be able to chat about. GB