AA Top 10

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

minnscout

AA Top 10

Post by minnscout »

1. Benilde St Margarets
2. Eden Prairie
3. Blaine
4. Holy Family
5. Stillwater
6. Minnetonka
7. Wayzata
8. Lakeville North
9. St Thomas
10. Centenial
Tower power93

Post by Tower power93 »

How do you rank like this with hill Murray beating Blaine. Blaine had had a real difficult time the last two weeks or so. Blaine shouldn't be any higher than five in my mind.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Tower power93 wrote:How do you rank like this with hill Murray beating Blaine. Blaine had had a real difficult time the last two weeks or so. Blaine shouldn't be any higher than five in my mind.
Agreed.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

I agree that Blaine has not been playing great hockey past 2 weeks. They rely upon the Tufte line way to much so when he is not clicking team has tough time scoring. Tufte was sick against HM and they struggle for example. With all teams operating at 100% I see Blaine as 3rd best team right now.
FadedRedLine

Re: AA Top 10

Post by FadedRedLine »

minnscout wrote:1. Benilde St Margarets
2. Eden Prairie
3. Blaine
4. Holy Family
5. Stillwater
6. Minnetonka
7. Wayzata
8. Lakeville North
9. St Thomas
10. Centenial
Any input on the following:

- Benilde: coming back to the pack?
- Wayzata: what is the catalyst for their strong performance lately?
- Farmington: you do not have them in top 10 - have you seen them play?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

FadedRedLine wrote:
2. Eden Prairie
3. Blaine
4. Holy Family
5. Stillwater
6. Minnetonka
7. Wayzata
8. Lakeville North
9. St Thomas
10. Centenial

BSM can only skin the cat for so long. It's too bad because they are a very good team but look for them to fall somewhere along the way here, likely in sections to Wayzata or even Edina.

Wayzata-main reason is I think they finally got their line combos in order and O'Leary isn't Mind F'ng his best players.

Farmington-yes, they are very good. Gonna be tough to knock of come section time.
FadedRedLine

Post by FadedRedLine »

Sats81 wrote:
FadedRedLine wrote:
2. Eden Prairie
3. Blaine
4. Holy Family
5. Stillwater
6. Minnetonka
7. Wayzata
8. Lakeville North
9. St Thomas
10. Centenial

BSM can only skin the cat for so long. It's too bad because they are a very good team but look for them to fall somewhere along the way here, likely in sections to Wayzata or even Edina.

Wayzata-main reason is I think they finally got their line combos in order and O'Leary isn't Mind F'ng his best players.

Farmington-yes, they are very good. Gonna be tough to knock of come section time.
I guess that since Benilde is undefeated you have to put them at #1 but their box scores show they are not beating teams like they did earlier in the season - was was a 3 goal win is now a 1 goal win. I don't think they have lost anyone to injury.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

FadedRedLine wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
FadedRedLine wrote: Any input on the following:

I guess that since Benilde is undefeated you have to put them at #1 but their box scores show they are not beating teams like they did earlier in the season - was was a 3 goal win is now a 1 goal win. I don't think they have lost anyone to injury.
Not sure and I give them all the credit in the world for not losing thus far and winning all of the tight games they have had. I just feel like they are really vulnerable. If they do get out of their section I think someone will beat them in St Paul.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Benilde- I dont see them coming back to the pack but doesnt mean that they are invincible either. They seem to play to the competition level almost look bored when not playing another top 10 team. Tomorrow against Tonka will be great game.

Farmington- very dangerous team, very physical, strong D, and great goaltending as if late. I have them just outside top 10

Wayzata- have played very well as of late. Coach has finally figured out who to give the most ice time too. I believe leadership is an issue with this team but they have showed when they stay out of penalty box they can play with anyone.
Clarkkent

Post by Clarkkent »

minnscout wrote:I agree that Blaine has not been playing great hockey past 2 weeks. They rely upon the Tufte line way to much so when he is not clicking team has tough time scoring. Tufte was sick against HM and they struggle for example. With all teams operating at 100% I see Blaine as 3rd best team right now.
Your BIG miss here is Blaine.If Tufte was sick, it didn't show against HM, he was very good. (MN Scout from Florida is not a good combo)