Tech-Apollo the biggest Class A in the state

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

moosepaw
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Tech-Apollo the biggest Class A in the state

Post by moosepaw » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:39 am

Tech-Apollo...... rumor on the street with both teams merging next year and enrollment combined over 2300 they will be Class A.... The big engine that could ....I think we will be setting a long winning tradition and become a hockey power... Go Icebreakers will be there new name
Last edited by moosepaw on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

nu2hockey
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by nu2hockey » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:45 am

Unless they have more than 50% free lunch kids ...they won‘t be A

GordonBombay99
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:11 am

Post by GordonBombay99 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:46 am

Its no secret that the are combining, I would be surprised if the MSHSL didnt make sore sort of exception that forced them to move up into the AA side of things with the merger coming after this season.

Sats81
Posts: 2733
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:04 am

GordonBombay99 wrote:Its no secret that the are combining, I would be surprised if the MSHSL didnt make sore sort of exception that forced them to move up into the AA side of things with the merger coming after this season.

With that many kids they have to go AA!

I hope Lakeville North and Elko North/Lakeville South combine....oh wait.....never mind.... :D :D

moosepaw
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by moosepaw » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:49 am

Please see examples that the MSHSL have allowed to opt down.... River Lakes higher Coop enrollment, Northern Lakes, Monticello Annadale Maple Lake all at the same enrollment or higher and were allowed to opt down....

I think the numbers for us already included free and reduced according to the MSHSL website... with the quality players from Apollo we will have a great chance for a title run.

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 6927
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Post by east hockey » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:53 pm

Best case scenario--they beat Hermantown in the Class A title game and Bruce Plante whines about "super mergers" afterward.

And Hermantown merges with Proctor the following year and finishes second. Again. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

GordonBombay99
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:11 am

Post by GordonBombay99 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:55 pm

east hockey wrote:Best case scenario--they beat Hermantown in the Class A title game and Bruce Plante whines about "super mergers" afterward.

And Hermantown merges with Proctor the following year and finishes second. Again. :mrgreen:

Lee
The forum would fall apart if that happens.

rainier
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:30 pm
Location: Earth

Post by rainier » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:56 pm

moosepaw wrote:Please see examples that the MSHSL have allowed to opt down.... River Lakes higher Coop enrollment, Northern Lakes, Monticello Annadale Maple Lake all at the same enrollment or higher and were allowed to opt down....

I think the numbers for us already included free and reduced according to the MSHSL website... with the quality players from Apollo we will have a great chance for a title run.
Isn't essentially the entire Apollo team graduating this year? I admit I don't know a lot about them, but it seems their best players are pretty much all seniors.
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp." -Harry Dunn

moosepaw
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by moosepaw » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:33 pm

We are getting 5 from the Eagles and only losing a few seniors that play a role on the varsity, with our super sophomores and what we get from the bantams A's we should be able to be the favorite next year.

rainier
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:30 pm
Location: Earth

Post by rainier » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:47 pm

moosepaw wrote:We are getting 5 from the Eagles and only losing a few seniors that play a role on the varsity, with our super sophomores and what we get from the bantams A's we should be able to be the favorite next year.
Nice. You mean favorite in all of A? Or just 6A?
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp." -Harry Dunn

moosepaw
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by moosepaw » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:52 pm

6A and top 5 rest of state.

moosepaw
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by moosepaw » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:57 pm

6A and top 5 rest of state.

GraniteCity22
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by GraniteCity22 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:12 pm

Think you will stay in a and not go up to AA?

goldy313
Posts: 3409
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:56 am

Post by goldy313 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:09 pm

The MSHSL has to approve all co ops, then they will assign them accordingly. I doubt a St Cloud public school co op will be A.

howardst
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by howardst » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:02 am

Ok I will bite! Watch the fireworks! Well here goes. Wat makes you think st cloud is or every will really be relevant in high school hockey? Sure they compete in their sections every now and then (remember when Hermantown was in sect 5). Sorry st cloud can combine all their schools and not really matter. Heck they field one AA bantam n peewee team and are never a super power there either. Fact is if not for the huskies which recruit from outside of st cloud, no me would ever really know you had hockey there. Lol. Now that is funny. I Falls and Eveleth still mean more to Minnesota hockey.

ShakestheClown
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by ShakestheClown » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:10 am

What kind of bait are you using? :roll:

howardst
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by howardst » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:16 am

Well tell me when Lou Nanne ever came on tv day one of the state tourn and made a statement even close to " well folks we are back for another exciting state tourney and once again the force from the cloud will be here trying to get a piece of my cake eaters?". Nope never. St cloud - what top 5 city in mn population wise and how many combined champions. Heck Eveleth and I falls have more since 1990 than the cloud.

BobSaget
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by BobSaget » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:12 am

howardst wrote:Ok I will bite! Watch the fireworks! Well here goes. Wat makes you think st cloud is or every will really be relevant in high school hockey? Sure they compete in their sections every now and then (remember when Hermantown was in sect 5). Sorry st cloud can combine all their schools and not really matter. Heck they field one AA bantam n peewee team and are never a super power there either. Fact is if not for the huskies which recruit from outside of st cloud, no me would ever really know you had hockey there. Lol. Now that is funny. I Falls and Eveleth still mean more to Minnesota hockey.
The scouts I talk to tell me that several teams recruit players from multiple towns.

warriors41
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by warriors41 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:21 am

BobSaget wrote:
howardst wrote:Ok I will bite! Watch the fireworks! Well here goes. Wat makes you think st cloud is or every will really be relevant in high school hockey? Sure they compete in their sections every now and then (remember when Hermantown was in sect 5). Sorry st cloud can combine all their schools and not really matter. Heck they field one AA bantam n peewee team and are never a super power there either. Fact is if not for the huskies which recruit from outside of st cloud, no me would ever really know you had hockey there. Lol. Now that is funny. I Falls and Eveleth still mean more to Minnesota hockey.
The scouts I talk to tell me that several teams recruit players from multiple towns.
Nope. All of UMD's players come from Duluth or Hermantown. All of Mankato State's players come from Mankato zip codes too. All of Bemidji State's players come from Canada though...

gitter
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:21 pm

Post by gitter » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:33 am

east hockey wrote:Best case scenario--they beat Hermantown in the Class A title game and Bruce Plante whines about "super mergers" afterward.
Top 10 right there!

slapshot18
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:04 am

Post by slapshot18 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:36 am

moosepaw wrote:We are getting 5 from the Eagles and only losing a few seniors that play a role on the varsity, with our super sophomores and what we get from the bantams A's we should be able to be the favorite next year.
I don't understand why Apollo would be combining with Tech in the future. Sauk Rapids is also struggling with numbers. Tech has no problem with numbers. If it is truly a coop for numbers, why isn't Apollo combining with Sauk Rapids?

codemanh
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by codemanh » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:04 am

They won't even be the biggest Co-op. Minneapolis blows everyone out of the water, but there is a true numbers problem, so it's justified imo.

Syd Barrett
Posts: 651
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:37 pm

Post by Syd Barrett » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:44 am

codemanh wrote:They won't even be the biggest Co-op. Minneapolis blows everyone out of the water, but there is a true numbers problem, so it's justified imo.
While Cathedral skims the cream off the top :-k

Rinkguy15
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Rinkguy15 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:42 am

howardst wrote:Ok I will bite! Watch the fireworks! Well here goes. Wat makes you think st cloud is or every will really be relevant in high school hockey? Sure they compete in their sections every now and then (remember when Hermantown was in sect 5). Sorry st cloud can combine all their schools and not really matter. Heck they field one AA bantam n peewee team and are never a super power there either. Fact is if not for the huskies which recruit from outside of st cloud, no me would ever really know you had hockey there. Lol. Now that is funny. I Falls and Eveleth still mean more to Minnesota hockey.
I would have to disagree with this. Seeing all the st. cloud area teams play this year, I would have to say they would be a pretty dominant team! Take Bissett, Lucia, Briedenbach and Althaus from Apollo, take some top guns from cathedral and tech. I think you would have a pretty talented team. :lol:

BlueLine_D
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:21 am

Post by BlueLine_D » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:00 am

Rinkguy15 wrote:
howardst wrote:Ok I will bite! Watch the fireworks! Well here goes. Wat makes you think st cloud is or every will really be relevant in high school hockey? Sure they compete in their sections every now and then (remember when Hermantown was in sect 5). Sorry st cloud can combine all their schools and not really matter. Heck they field one AA bantam n peewee team and are never a super power there either. Fact is if not for the huskies which recruit from outside of st cloud, no me would ever really know you had hockey there. Lol. Now that is funny. I Falls and Eveleth still mean more to Minnesota hockey.
I would have to disagree with this. Seeing all the st. cloud area teams play this year, I would have to say they would be a pretty dominant team! Take Bissett, Lucia, Briedenbach and Althaus from Apollo, take some top guns from cathedral and tech. I think you would have a pretty talented team. :lol:
I would have to agree with this completely. They may not be a perennial top 5 team but to think that they wouldn't matter is absolutely not true. Combine the talent across the three schools with the right coach and the fact is you have 15 program in AA almost every year.

Post Reply