Ranking Combined Class A 1-29

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

howardst

Ranking Combined Class A 1-29

Post by howardst »

This is a combined top ten ranking of Pagestat, Lets Play Hockey, and Myhockey polls

1. Breck
2. Hermantown
3-4 Hibbing, Delano
5. Mahtomedi
6. Apollo
7-8-9 Greenway, Thief River, SPA
10. Cathedral
elliott70

Re: Ranking Combined Class A 1-29

Post by elliott70 »

howardst wrote:This is a combined top ten ranking of Pagestat, Lets Play Hockey, and Myhockey polls

1. Breck
2. Hermantown
3-4 Hibbing, Delano
5. Mahtomedi
6. Apollo
7-8-9 Greenway, Thief River, SPA
10. Cathedral
Just of the top of my head, I would go
1. HT
2. Breck
3 St Cloud Apollo
4. Hibbing and SPA
6. TRF
7. Greenway
8. Mahtomedi
9. Delano
10. maybe Cathedral maybe EGF
howardst

Post by howardst »

I just took the numbers as they fell. No opinion just added em up. lol
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Seriously. What happens when/if Hibbing beats Hermantown to go to St Paul? If not, what happens when/if Hermantown doesn't win state? Serious question.....I know this thing has been beat to death,but Hermantown needs to man up, put their balls on the table and go to AA.

Until then, they are a joke in my mind. (Cue the hermantown people to attack me in 3.....2.....1...)
gitter

Post by gitter »

Sats81 wrote:Seriously. What happens when/if Hibbing beats Hermantown to go to St Paul? If not, what happens when/if Hermantown doesn't win state? Serious question.....I know this thing has been beat to death,but Hermantown needs to man up, put their balls on the table and go to AA.

Until then, they are a joke in my mind. (Cue the hermantown people to attack me in 3.....2.....1...)
Agree. This wouldn't happen, but an easy way to do it is if all AA coaches stopped scheduling them in (with the exception of the LSC which would be required for Cloquet and DM). Rapids, Wayzata, Tonka, Roseville (2x), WBL, Farmington, Brainerd, Bemidji, Hopkins. Half their schedule is AA (which is good for player/team development). Plante would move up if all he had is a Luverne schedule ever year.

Mayhem enroute Sats...
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Sats81 wrote:Seriously. What happens when/if Hibbing beats Hermantown to go to St Paul? If not, what happens when/if Hermantown doesn't win state? Serious question.....I know this thing has been beat to death,but Hermantown needs to man up, put their balls on the table and go to AA.

How dare you!!!!

Whoops, I am not from Hermantown.

Hibbing and Hermantown should go AA.

Elk River and Andover could play in 5AA or such.

7AA
would be H and H and DE and CEC and GR and DM
and maybe FL and Camb.

Then we can work on 8AA.
rainier

Post by rainier »

Hermantown won't opt up until they are 100% sure they can beat every AA team every time.

Being the #1 seed in 7AA is not good enough, they must be like your Panthers squad from last year, except that they have to be guaranteed of being that good every year before they even think about opting up. :)

Seriously though, I feel for the kids. I'm willing to bet every single kid on that team would choose AA if it were up to them.
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp." -Harry Dunn
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

You're right, they've become nothing but a punch line and it's sad for those kids because they do a lot of really good things over there. Nobody will ever talk about it though. I'm in a lot of arenas up here and if you bring up Hermantown all you hear about is how many player's that Association has lost that are playing over there and how they should be in AA. It's at the younger levels too. I watched their Squirt A team play against Woodbury a couple of weeks ago. I thought I was watching the Lake Superior Stars. There are kids from everywhere on that team. The only way they can find competitive games is to schedule Metro AA teams. So it's the same Squirts through High School. It has to be because of Plante being desperate for one more title and nobody brave enough to stand up to him. That's the only logical explanation. They have all kinds of smart hockey people over there that have played at really high levels. I can't imagine that any of them see any benefit in playing Class A.
rainier

Post by rainier »

Jeffy95 wrote:

You're right, they've become nothing but a punch line and it's sad for those kids because they do a lot of really good things over there. Nobody will ever talk about it though. I'm in a lot of arenas up here and if you bring up Hermantown all you hear about is how many player's that Association has lost that are playing over there and how they should be in AA. It's at the younger levels too. I watched their Squirt A team play against Woodbury a couple of weeks ago. I thought I was watching the Lake Superior Stars. There are kids from everywhere on that team. The only way they can find competitive games is to schedule Metro AA teams. So it's the same Squirts through High School. It has to be because of Plante being desperate for one more title and nobody brave enough to stand up to him. That's the only logical explanation. They have all kinds of smart hockey people over there that have played at really high levels. I can't imagine that any of them see any benefit in playing Class A.
I agree with this statement completely. Plante deserves a ton of credit for what he has done there, but he deserves just as much blame for the joke they have become by staying in A.

They do have a ton of smart, dedicated people all over their youth/high school teams, and I imagine most of them are dying to go to AA, just as the kids are.

The AD needs to step in and force this move, and if Plante leaves, he leaves. Hermantown would have no problem attracting an incredible head coach, considering what they have built there and the fact that it is a fast growing community.

To me, Plante complaining about STA/Breck while defending his team as they kick butt in A is like a car thief who argues that he shouldn't go to jail because he only steals Fords, and not Cadillacs like the other thieves.
HockeyBum

Idiots all of you

Post by HockeyBum »

It is so sad your lives are this messed up. Should Hermantown go AA, yes. If they did they would be the #1 seed in section 7AA this year and possibly # 4 or 5 at state if they made the trip. Maybe if east would play them and get rid of the lame excuses they would. Plante may be doing the best for the kids, all you arm chair experts haven't done crap with your life of 10 yrs but complain about Hermantown and give excuses why you couldn't get it done.
Sats81

Re: Idiots all of you

Post by Sats81 »

HockeyBum wrote:It is so sad your lives are this messed up. Should Hermantown go AA, yes. If they did they would be the #1 seed in section 7AA this year and possibly # 4 or 5 at state if they made the trip. Maybe if east would play them and get rid of the lame excuses they would. Plante may be doing the best for the kids, all you arm chair experts haven't done crap with your life of 10 yrs but complain about Hermantown and give excuses why you couldn't get it done.
Yep. And until your program goes up to AA expect to continue to hear it. It's a joke and you know. Otherwise you wouldn't be so upset.

What's sad is Hermantown staying in A/JV hockey when they clearly should be playing with the big boys. Would rather have my team get trounced in AA then sit there yr after yr putting beat downs on JV teams.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

In fact the only thing I think is more ridiculous in HS hockey is the roll cards roll crowd. It's close though...
HockeyBum

Post by HockeyBum »

I would have to say u know the cards well, I see your posts all the time and u live on here as much as they do.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

HockeyBum wrote:I would have to say u know the cards well, I see your posts all the time and u live on here as much as they do.

Clearly you do as well when you respond to a Hermantown comment I made within hrs!

Don't get so bent out of shape about what I said buddy! It's just my opinion!

I think what makes you so upset is you know it's the truth. It's really simple: man up and play with the big boys. Until then you and your program are completely irrelevant and not taken seriously. By anyone.
HockeyBum

Post by HockeyBum »

Funny thing is it's not my program I just think it sad success is treated with mentality like urs.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

HockeyBum wrote:Funny thing is it's not my program I just think it sad success is treated with mentality like urs.
Big guy- I have incredible respect for lots of HS programs in mn. Most notably Edina. Sure I hate them (sorry green4) but the respect I have for their sustained success they have achieved through the decades with their youth and HS program is unprecedented.

Hermantown gets no respect from anyone for a reason. It would be like a NHL team playing in the AHL, piss pounding everyone (still never winning it all lol) then acting pissed off and pouting when everyone thinks they are a joke.

Maybe that analogy will aid you in understanding why your program is silly at best and taken Serious by no one.

I repeat Hermantown is sad. Man up. Move up then you won't be ridiculed. Even if you don't win state!
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Sats81 wrote:
HockeyBum wrote:Funny thing is it's not my program I just think it sad success is treated with mentality like urs.
Big guy- I have incredible respect for lots of HS programs in mn. Most notably Edina. Sure I hate them (sorry green4) but the respect I have for their sustained success they have achieved through the decades with their youth and HS program is unprecedented.

Hermantown gets no respect from anyone for a reason. It would be like a NHL team playing in the AHL, piss pounding everyone (still never winning it all lol) then acting pissed off and pouting when everyone thinks they are a joke.

Maybe that analogy will aid you in understanding why your program is silly at best and taken Serious by no one.

I repeat Hermantown is sad. Man up. Move up then you won't be ridiculed. Even if you don't win state!
Don't Sugar Coat it Satsy, tell him how you really feel! :wink:
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Sats81 wrote:

Your a idiot.
green4

Post by green4 »

pekyman wrote:
Sats81 wrote:

Your a idiot.
Quite ironic
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

pekyman wrote:
Sats81 wrote:

Your a idiot.
You can say a lot about Satsy, but idiot is certainly not it. The guy knows his stuff!
stromboli

Post by stromboli »

Not going to happen, but here's a fantasy fix.

Go back to single class hockey. 90+ % of single A teams aren't competing for a single A title anyways. The top A teams each year can compete with AA teams. They might not be able to win it all, but they'd be competitive. And once in awhile a smaller school would win it all. Think of the fun sections 7 and 2 would be this year.

Add five games to the season to accommodate a few more conference and non-conference teams.

Don't schedule any team more than once. Only way to double up is to meet in a holiday tournament.

Okay, thanks for the moment of fantasy.

Now back to the never ending debate of which team should opt up next to make things "fair" while teams like Dodge County, Cambridge and Hastings keep fighting the good fight.
rainier

Post by rainier »

green4 wrote:
pekyman wrote:
Sats81 wrote: Big guy- I have incredible respect for lots of HS programs in mn. Most notably Edina. Sure I hate them (sorry green4) but the respect I have for their sustained success they have achieved through the decades with their youth and HS program is unprecedented.

Your a idiot.
Quite ironic
Agreed, the irony of peky's post is off the charts delicious! :D
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

pekyman wrote:
Sats81 wrote:

Your a idiot.
!! You got me pekyman....hey. Enjoy another JV runner up trophy. Be proud of your team and "community"
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Sats81 wrote:
pekyman wrote:
Sats81 wrote: Big guy- I have incredible respect for lots of HS programs in mn. Most notably Edina. Sure I hate them (sorry green4) but the respect I have for their sustained success they have achieved through the decades with their youth and HS program is unprecedented.

Your a idiot.
!! You got me pekyman....hey. Enjoy another JV runner up trophy. Be proud of your team and "community"
Hey thanks ya Jabroni! I was just joking about the idiot stuff :D
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

stromboli wrote:Not going to happen, but here's a fantasy fix.

Go back to single class hockey. 90+ % of single A teams aren't competing for a single A title anyways. The top A teams each year can compete with AA teams. They might not be able to win it all, but they'd be competitive. And once in awhile a smaller school would win it all. Think of the fun sections 7 and 2 would be this year.

Add five games to the season to accommodate a few more conference and non-conference teams.

Don't schedule any team more than once. Only way to double up is to meet in a holiday tournament.

Okay, thanks for the moment of fantasy.

Now back to the never ending debate of which team should opt up next to make things "fair" while teams like Dodge County, Cambridge and Hastings keep fighting the good fight.
I could get on board with that but I think the split has worked for the most part, other than in 7A. Most sections have a few teams every year that can at least dream about making the trip to St. Paul. I think it worked great for awhile but when it was conceived players didn't move around so much, especially in Class A. So they couldn't have foreseen the advantage that a school like Hermantown would get from that. With the exception of maybe Hill-Murray, even the Metro privates will always be up and down because of all the competition for players down there. Hermantown hasn't really had to worry about that. I can only remember one Free Agent that they've lost out on that went to East. Even when STA was winning titles, Hermantown was always the favorite in those games.