Best Player in the State

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

YouthHockeyHub

Best Player in the State

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Wrote a piece on Game On this weekend.

Best Player in the State: http://www.gameonmn.com/home
silentbutdeadly3139

Re: Best Player in the State

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:Wrote a piece on Game On this weekend.

"Girl skaters as a rule are better skaters than boys. "

where do you come up with this stuff ?

And you still need an editor ...
" The last two years she has won state doubles in tennis the last two years."
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Is this the girls or boys forum?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

silentbutdeadly3139 wrote:

Seriously!
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Sats81 wrote:

Seriously!
You lost what little cred you thought you had!
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

BodyShots wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
silentbutdeadly3139 wrote: "Girl skaters as a rule are better skaters than boys. "

Seriously!
Me? or YHH?!
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Sats81 wrote:
BodyShots wrote:
Sats81 wrote: Seriously!
Me? or YHH?!
You have to have some cred, before it's possible to lose it.

Should keep the Gophs a force and hope she brings the Gold to the U.S.!
mnhockey1501

Post by mnhockey1501 »

Why did you even bother putting this in the boys thread? Thought it was an onion piece at first.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Sats81 wrote:
BodyShots wrote:
Sats81 wrote: Seriously!
Me? or YHH?!
YHH / WestMetro / Tony Scott..... you know the guy :wink:
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Well, if you are looking for the correct best player answer, that would be Perunovich. Unfortunately, it is doubtful he will hang around for us to see him in another Elite and High School season to win Mr Hockey.
Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 »

WestMetro wrote:Well, if you are looking for the correct best player answer, that would be Perunovich. Unfortunately, it is doubtful he will hang around for us to see him in another Elite and High School season to win Mr Hockey.
He's good....really good, but what about that M kid from EP for MrH. next year? Is he gone too?
It is what it is!
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Bigcat99 wrote:
WestMetro wrote:Well, if you are looking for the correct best player answer, that would be Perunovich. Unfortunately, it is doubtful he will hang around for us to see him in another Elite and High School season to win Mr Hockey.
He's good....really good, but what about that M kid from EP for MrH. next year? Is he gone too?
Gone.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

BodyShots wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
BodyShots wrote: You lost what little cred you thought you had!
Me? or YHH?!
YHH / WestMetro / Tony Scott..... you know the guy :wink:
Yep. Same guy.
Ref22

Post by Ref22 »

:lol: ridiculous.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Hey mods- how about moving this thread to girls hockey?
rainier

Post by rainier »

I wouldn't be so sure about Perunovich leaving. I don't have any inside info, but I'm guessing he'll be back. My reasons:

-Hibbing will be even better next season, and I think Hermantown won't be as good, so if Hibbing doesn't make it to state this season, they will have an even better chance next season.

-He'd be the favorite for Mr. Hockey.

-The majority of Sandelin's local recruits tend to stay in HS. Adam Johnson, Toninato, Thomas, Tufte, etc. (Kuhlman only left early because of the coach/parent kerfuffle caused two talented brothers to leave Cloquet.) There are a lot of players on that UMD team that would likely advise him to enjoy playing with his HS friends for as long as he can.

-Like Adam Johnson, Perunovich is also an excellent tennis player. I wouldn't underestimate how much some kids like their other sports, especially when they are very good. Can be a nice mental break from constant hockey.

-Also like Adam Johnson, Perunovich is a skinny kid, thus chances of him playing for UMD as a true freshman are slim (pun intended). So he can leave and play two years while being a very good player in the USHL, or he can enjoy another season of being MN HS hockey royalty with a great shot at going to the world's greatest hockey tourney, and then only have to spend one year in some godforsaken hellhole in Iowa playing before sparse crowds that don't really give a crap. :)

Again, this is just my opinion, and some would say I'm biased. :o
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp." -Harry Dunn
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

rainier wrote:
I wouldn't be so sure about Perunovich leaving. I don't have any inside info, but I'm guessing he'll be back. My reasons:

-Hibbing will be even better next season, and I think Hermantown won't be as good, so when Hibbing doesn't make it to state this season, they will have an even better chance next season.

-The majority of Sandelin's local recruits tend to stay in HS. Adam Johnson, Toninato, Thomas, Tufte, etc. (Kuhlman only left early because of the coach/parent kerfuffle caused two talented brothers to leave Cloquet.) There are a lot of players on that UMD team that would likely advise him to enjoy playing with his HS friends for as long as he can.

-Like Adam Johnson, Perunovich is also an excellent tennis player. I wouldn't underestimate how much some kids like their other sports, especially when they are very good. Can be a nice mental break from constant hockey.

-Also like Adam Johnson, Perunovich is a skinny kid, thus chances of him playing for UMD as a true freshman are slim (pun intended). So he can leave and play two years while being a very good player in the USHL, or he can enjoy another season of being MN HS hockey royalty with a great shot at going to the world's greatest hockey tourney, and then only have to spend one year in some godforsaken hellhole in Iowa playing before sparse crowds that don't really give a crap. :)

Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

rainier wrote:

-Hibbing will be even better next season, and I think Hermantown won't be as good, so if Hibbing doesn't make it to state this season, they will have an even better chance next season.

I obviously don't have any inside info on it either, but I do know NHL scouts that love his game, they say he has a size 11 shoe, his dad is a tall guy, and sky could be the limit for Scorin Scotty. None of them lean either way on him staying in HS or leaving. My bet is he is playing for Hibbing next year which is a huge win for MN HS hockey.
rainier

Post by rainier »

elliott70 wrote:
rainier wrote:

-Hibbing will be even better next season, and I think Hermantown won't be as good, so when Hibbing doesn't make it to state this season, they will have an even better chance next season.

C'mon Elliot, if you're gonna change my post, at least highlight the word you changed so people know it was you, you sneaky rat. :D
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp." -Harry Dunn
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

rainier wrote:C'mon Elliot, if you're gonna change my post, at least highlight the word you changed so people know it was you, you sneaky rat. :D
Surprised anyone reads what I throw in here.

:lol: