Section games Saturday 2/20/16

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

gopherman23

Post by gopherman23 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:52 pm

Maple Grove with another empty netter to make it 6-3. Crazy day.

gopherman23

Post by gopherman23 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:59 pm

Nuts&Bolts wrote:Holy crap Batman. Not having Mr. Hockey in the tourney would be a bummer though I'll tip my hat to him for coming back for his senior year.
He probably won't even be at the award ceremony. Fargo plays a game on the same day it is being held.

goldy313

Post by goldy313 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:17 pm

Farmington 4
South 1. After 2

Seems like a very good day for the South Suburban Conference

green4

Post by green4 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:34 pm

Nuts&Bolts wrote:Holy crap Batman. Not having Mr. Hockey in the tourney would be a bummer though I'll tip my hat to him for coming back for his senior year.
You have to go back to 2012 with Kloos to see Mr. Hockey in the Tourney.

Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:41 pm

What was denfeld and Hibbing final?

Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:47 pm

I guess I was referring specifically to Tufte this year but thanks for the note.

goldy313

Post by goldy313 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:09 pm

Farmington 5
South 3 final

rainier

Post by rainier » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:25 pm

Rocketwrister wrote:What was denfeld and Hibbing final?
5-1 Hibbing (en).
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp." -Harry Dunn

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:26 pm

Rocketwrister wrote:What was denfeld and Hibbing final?
5-1 (EN) Hibbing.

50in15

Post by 50in15 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:35 am

Walking into Braemar yesterday, I planned on rooting for holy family, the new kid on the block. That quickly changed when I realized the fan base was a bunch of soccer moms. Clueless about rules but more than willing to yell at refs, every time a player hit the ice and never willing to see their team clutching and grabbing. Really enjoyed 50 year olds behind me yelling "bullsh$!" Multiple times and even dropping a few "fu@& u" and this was well before the no goal call when things exploded. To no surprise, rivers flow downstream so when the game got to 4-2, the team showed 00 class. #4 and #10 head hunted on neautral zone face off. The coach kept them out their after an icing call, at which point they elbowed, cross checked, and hit from behind every player they could find and injured 1 (player appeared to be ok). Game ends and the soccer fans continue to boo and yell. 10 or 4 got a game misconduct after the game. Completely classless.

For the plays listed previously, friends and I thought it was a hand pass but the refs handled it poorly. Probably no goal was the correct call.

The holy family player jumped liked Levine on the embellishment call. Friends and I were laughing hysterically before realizing there were any penalties.

The late penalty on hf could have been a no call but the player did stop moving his feet and did a downward motion on the stick. So argument could be made for the call.

Went to the prior lake and wayzata games as well. Very welled played, clean, classy in the stands and on the ice. Impressed by the team speed of both winners.

WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:53 am

50in15 wrote:Walking into Braemar yesterday, I planned on rooting for holy family, the new kid on the block. That quickly changed when I realized the fan base was a bunch of soccer moms. Clueless about rules but more than willing to yell at refs, every time a player hit the ice and never willing to see their team clutching and grabbing. Really enjoyed 50 year olds behind me yelling "bullsh$!" Multiple times and even dropping a few "fu@& u" and this was well before the no goal call when things exploded. To no surprise, rivers flow downstream so when the game got to 4-2, the team showed 00 class. #4 and #10 head hunted on neautral zone face off. The coach kept them out their after an icing call, at which point they elbowed, cross checked, and hit from behind every player they could find and injured 1 (player appeared to be ok). Game ends and the soccer fans continue to boo and yell. 10 or 4 got a game misconduct after the game. Completely classless.

For the plays listed previously, friends and I thought it was a hand pass but the refs handled it poorly. Probably no goal was the correct call.

The holy family player jumped liked Levine on the embellishment call. Friends and I were laughing hysterically before realizing there were any penalties.

The late penalty on hf could have been a no call but the player did stop moving his feet and did a downward motion on the stick. So argument could be made for the call.

Went to the prior lake and wayzata games as well. Very welled played, clean, classy in the stands and on the ice. Impressed by the team speed of both winners.

I sat on the Eden Prairie side in the first period and according the Eden Prairie fans the refs definitely were favoring Holy Family.
I sat on the Holy Family side in the second and third and according the the HF fans the refs were definitely favoring EP.
Referees can be funny that way.
They ultimately made the correct call on the hand pass disallowed goal. The HF fans disagreed. I'm not sure what the EP fans thought of the call because I wasn't over there.