Section 7AA Final

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins 7AA?

Grand Rapids
58%
Duluth East
42%

Total votes: 45

duluth dave

Post by duluth dave »

tough one to call i'll go with JDH's prediction east 5 to 3 with E. N.
gitter

Post by gitter »

TheInsider wrote:
kniven wrote:
north_bear wrote:For those not able to attend it will be broadcast locally on WDIO. Does anyone know if there is also a stream for people out of the area?
I could possibly stream it from my house. Just film the tv telecast from my house and stream it over high school cube? I don't want to get thrown in jail though......
Please do!
I don't think there is a law about streaming one's own television is there? I've seen folks having others Skype their tv's for NFL games when I'm traveling out of country.
boblee

Post by boblee »

kniven wrote:
north_bear wrote:For those not able to attend it will be broadcast locally on WDIO. Does anyone know if there is also a stream for people out of the area?
I could possibly stream it from my house. Just film the tv telecast from my house and stream it over high school cube? I don't want to get thrown in jail though......
We know a few thousand people that might watch that...
kniven

Post by kniven »

Last edited by kniven on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

East and Rapids in the final tomorrow and not a post from DJ, Frequent, or Northwoods all week that I have noticed.

They didn't end up back of the woodshed duking it out last weekend did they? :)
ahastars03

Post by ahastars03 »

[quote="

Last team to beat Greyhounds in playoff Cloquet 2008. The "Dave Brown Game".
[/quote]

Dave is my brother and this is awesome to see. I kind of hope that East wins so this can come up again next year that East hasn't lost since Brown scored 4 goals on them. haha.

Good luck to both teams. I am just glad it will be a Northern team representing 7AA.
ilovemesomehockey

Post by ilovemesomehockey »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:East and Rapids in the final tomorrow and not a post from DJ, Frequent, or Northwoods all week that I have noticed.

Yeah -- and whatever happened to Slammer??????????
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

ahastars03 wrote:[quote="

Dave is my brother and this is awesome to see. I kind of hope that East wins so this can come up again next year that East hasn't lost since Brown scored 4 goals on them. haha.

Good luck to both teams. I am just glad it will be a Northern team representing 7AA.
Those 4 goals led to a bitter pill to swallow for those of us who just knew that, as the 7AA rep, Cloquet would get toasted by Edina and be 2 and done at State that year. :lol:

Time heals, brother . . .
kniven

Post by kniven »

Last edited by kniven on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grindiangrad-80

That is awesome. Thank you sir.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

ilovemesomehockey wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:East and Rapids in the final tomorrow and not a post from DJ, Frequent, or Northwoods all week that I have noticed.

Yeah -- and whatever happened to Slammer??????????
He easily moved on to other things?

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

I like the GRHS hockey prediction of 5-3. But I also wouldn't be surprised with a one goal game or overtime. But 5-3 sounds more relaxing and less stressful so let's go with that!
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

No prediction here. Whichever way it goes, it'll be a special night of hockey. I enjoyed myself at 2AA/6AA tonight, but it'll have nothing on this collision between two big rivals battling for all the marbles. They're both coming in with a lot of confidence, and there's plenty of talent on both sides...what's not to like? Sure, I'm going to be a nervous wreck, but I'm going to have fun with it, even if this great East run comes to an end.

I don't think it's any secret what Rapids has to do: just attack, play their puck possession game, and keep the pressure off their back end. East, on the other hand, has some choices to make. Sit back in a shell like they did in the regular season meeting, hoping to keep it close before pouncing late? Come out attacking like they did against Elk River? Any other wrinkles they haven't shown yet? Time will tell.
grindiangrad-80

I will be at this one tonight but won't have my laptop. I don't have much luck posting on my phone with my 1962 vision. :) I will comment on Friday no matter who wins.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

The same thing happens every year. A DE final and everyone is predicting them to lose. GRHS hockey online predicts a win, and the Rapids faithful all have hope.

Well, sorry Rapids fans. It's over before it even started. But you knew that didn't you? ITS BEEN SEVEN YEARS IN A ROW!

Hounds easily win, 5-3 EN.
grindiangrad-80

Slammer wrote:The same thing happens every year. A DE final and everyone is predicting them to lose. GRHS hockey online predicts a win, and the Rapids faithful all have hope.

Well, sorry Rapids fans. It's over before it even started. But you knew that didn't you? ITS BEEN SEVEN YEARS IN A ROW!

Hounds easily win, 5-3 EN.
That could well happen but 5-3 EN doesn't sound real easy.
Tigers95

Post by Tigers95 »

If East wins tonight they will match the run of the GR Indians between 1974-81. Being a member of the 1980 GR team I hope the T-Hawks come out on top. Should be a classic game. Won't be able to be there but will be following on Twitter.
grindiangrad-80

Tigers95 wrote:If East wins tonight they will match the run of the GR Indians between 1974-81. Being a member of the 1980 GR team I hope the T-Hawks come out on top. Should be a classic game. Won't be able to be there but will be following on Twitter.
That was a great run. Some very good memories from those teams.
Today would be a good time to start another streak.
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

I think we might see an OT game. I did notice that no one on the GR roster has played in a section final game. I think East makes it 8 straight.
boblee

Post by boblee »

Usthockey13 wrote:I think we might see an OT game. I did notice that no one on the GR roster has played in a section final game. I think East makes it 8 straight.
Jonah Bischoff was on the 2013 section final team.
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

kniven wrote:
kniven wrote:
boblee wrote: We know a few thousand people that might watch that...
I have no problem doing it, that's for sure. I'll do it unless I hear differently. Like I will go to jail or something. I'll post the high school cube channel here. Thanks
http://thecube.com/cube/ken-guske-niven-1 i'm testing the stream at tonights hermantown/hibbing game. let me know how it looks.
kniven, are you streaming through this same link tonight?
kniven

Post by kniven »

Last edited by kniven on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boblee

Post by boblee »

alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

I will go with East, heck ER throttled Rapids and East was clearly better than the Elks.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

kniven wrote:
kniven wrote:
boblee wrote: We know a few thousand people that might watch that...
I have no problem doing it, that's for sure. I'll do it unless I hear differently. Like I will go to jail or something. I'll post the high school cube channel here. Thanks
http://thecube.com/cube/ken-guske-niven-1 i'm testing the stream at tonights hermantown/hibbing game. let me know how it looks.
It is working great, thanks. We will start a bail money fund if needed.