Hermantown vs Hibbing showdown part 2

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

pekyman

Post by pekyman »

rainier wrote:
mulefarm wrote:At what point is a player considered from that community? Squirts, PW, Bantams? Not just for HT, but in general for all communities?
I don't know the answer to that, but I do know that if your team regularly draws talent from a AA-sized area, then your team should be in AA. (Regardless of how or why the players get there.)
All the Teams that have the same or much better access than Hermantown to this AA size talent pool. A talent pool that is bigger and better that any talent pool in the entire state according to Rainier!
Duluth East, Duluth Denfeld, Marshall and Proctor all pull from this talent pool. In addition, nobody is stopping them from pulling from the talent pool that is developed at Hermantown.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Probably never gonna happen, but if your goal is simply a great Hockey team than a Hermantown/Proctor merger would create a real AA boys Hockey threat. In addition to more boys in the program, a desperately needed second sheet of indoor ice would be added.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

I don't care what Hermantown does but I think the similarities/differences to STA/other Class A teams is interesting here.

STA opted up in 2013, before playoffs and going on to win state. The previous time they could have opted up was in 2011, before playoffs, and coming off two seasons of not making it to state. The thought was that they were so good for 5 or 6 years with two titles, they definitely should have opted up, despite not making it to state the two previous seasons. Once it got to 2013, the writing was on the wall.

The two seasons that STA was upset in sections and missed state Breck won state. There was no call for them to opt up. Everything was all about the "best team" opting up because they were winning. The masses have never cared about #2. "where they draw from" is always secondary and is super subjective.

The question that never gets answered is "what's the point?"
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

I would say it's hard to say what area schools can draw from, for the simple fact players uare moving state wide and from other states. What criteria should the MSHSL institute that would that would cover all activities? I know of people who left their school area for music and drama programs. It seems to happens more in the cities for all sports, where in hockey it is more state wide, or because of the exposure the state tournament gets, the player movement is magnified?
rainier

Post by rainier »

Peky, you say I am a "pathetic whiner", so in fairness I looked through your old posts from when The Spotlight of Shame was on STA. After only ten minutes of looking, I uncovered a cornucopia of your whining and trash-talking. So I thought I'd list some of your finest posts and then give my analysis for each.

Forum members, I humbly present:

"Pekyman's Greatest Hits-2012 Edition."

Peky displaying class, even in defeat:”HSHW, arguing that a private school is on the same level playing field as a Class A public school is beyond comprehension. You would have a better shot at trying to convince people that the sky is not blue. I know you need to do it so that you can feel proud of what your team has accomplished. Go ahead and keep fooling yourself, nobody it is buying it. I heard that the kid who scored the GWG came from WISCONSIN. Is that actually true? Hats off to the boys of Hermantown; they accomplished 1,000 times more in their loss than STA did in their victory.”

Rainier's analysis: Hermantown has a kid from Colorado, but that's okay, right Peky?

Peky taking the high road vs an STA fan: “Wow, 2 Class-A Private Metro All Star Teams sitting at the top of the Class A! Who would have guessed!! You must be so proud!!! Imo the only interesting thing would be if Breck found some character and followed your team out of here. By the way, this is the way Class A has been for the past 14 years or so.

Talk about arrogance... :roll:"

Rainier's analysis: No sour grapes whining there, huh Peky? You weren't trying to get STA or Breck out of Hermantown's way, were you?

How Peky felt about me before The Spotlight of Shame got pointed on Hermantown: “You got that right. I think Rainier should get the
"Most Extremely Entertaining Poster of the Season" award for his"inconsistency police" postings. I think even HSHW had to laugh at those!”

Rainier's analysis: What changed, Peky? Aren't you laughing at my posts now? :)

Peky on STA's formula for success: “Play the top 2A and 1A teams all season; then win the state class A championship. What other school can offer that? Pretty appealing ride if you ask me. It doesn’t seem to bother anyone in their program that it is class A.”

Rainier's analysis: Does this count as "pathetic whining"? Hermantown would never do this, correct?

A post from Northernguy: looking at STA's schedule is mind boggling...i question why they schedule the amount of AA schools they do but then they do not elect to play AA come tournament time? have some self respect and at least offer an explanation publically on the matter. No metro private school should be allowed to play at the A level. I love private schools, i went to one and my kid goes to one, i also love watching class A hockey but i like a balanced playing field. i also love watch AA hockey and and public and private schools...but when you have the amount of success any school has had in the smaller class you do the right thing and move up...whether you are private or public school. its called integrity, and STA doesnt have it.

In response, Peky bolded the last sentence and said: “That’s saying it nicely.”

Rainier's analysis: What about Hermantown's level of success at A? Do they lack integrity because they don't opt up?

Peky on STA being really good: "STA beats #2 ranked AA HM 2-1. Bet they wish they could go to AA this year".

Rainier's analysis: Hermantown beat #1 7AA seed GR and 6AA champ Wayzata. I wonder if Peky wishes his team could have been AA this year?

Peky on Hermantown's youth teams: "Class A Hermantown's AA Bantam and PeeWee teams are beating/playing with many 2A schools AA teams. The latest example is their sweep of Centennial in the Spirit of Duluth at the PeeWee and Bantam levels. In addition, they are now consistently beating Duluth East. Hermantown has beaten East in the past, but never like it happened last year and now this year. I believe it’s only going to get tougher for East to beat Herm at the youth level. A real shift in hockey power is occurring in NE Mn."

Rainier's analysis: Apparently four years ago Peky was pretty bullish on Hermantown's chances of winning 7AA. Why do you slow-play how good your team is now, Peky?

Peky showing more love for STA: "Hermantown’s success is due to its Amateur Hockey Program. STA success is due to everybody else’s Hockey Programs. Trash talking H-Town or any other small school program on this thread shows just how screwed up you are. STA had 9 players in the Elite League and the rest in Elite D, more than any other program A or AA. Move up you sandbagging trophy chasing pusses.”

Rainier's analysis: Hermantown's Elite and Prep Elite numbers were very close to this this past season, but apparently you don't think the last sentence you wrote applies to your Hawks also.

Rainier's Final Analysis: My how things have changed, Peky. Now you are a high-road taking, humble man of the people. You would never whine, trash-talk, or be a sore loser, right? The best part is that these are just a sliver of your quotes. There's plenty more where these came from.

Good luck to your team at the Tourney!

:D
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp." -Harry Dunn
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

rainier wrote:Peky, you say I am a "pathetic whiner", so in fairness I looked through your old posts from when The Spotlight of Shame was on STA. After only ten minutes of looking, I uncovered a cornucopia of your whining and trash-talking. So I thought I'd list some of your finest posts and then give my analysis for each.

Peky displaying class, even in defeat:”HSHW, arguing that a private school is on the same level playing field as a Class A public school is beyond comprehension. You would have a better shot at trying to convince people that the sky is not blue. I know you need to do it so that you can feel proud of what your team has accomplished. Go ahead and keep fooling yourself, nobody it is buying it. I heard that the kid who scored the GWG came from WISCONSIN. Is that actually true? Hats off to the boys of Hermantown; they accomplished 1,000 times more in their loss than STA did in their victory.”

Rainier's analysis: Hermantown has a kid from Colorado, but that's okay, right Peky?

Peky taking the high road vs an STA fan: “Wow, 2 Class-A Private Metro All Star Teams sitting at the top of the Class A! Who would have guessed!! You must be so proud!!! Imo the only interesting thing would be if Breck found some character and followed your team out of here. By the way, this is the way Class A has been for the past 14 years or so.

Rainier's analysis: No sour grapes whining there, huh Peky? You weren't trying to get STA or Breck out of Hermantown's way, were you?

How Peky felt about me before The Spotlight of Shame got pointed on Hermantown: “You got that right. I think Rainier should get the
"Most Extremely Entertaining Poster of the Season" award for his"inconsistency police" postings. I think even HSHW had to laugh at those!”

Peky on STA's formula for success: “Play the top 2A and 1A teams all season; then win the state class A championship. What other school can offer that? Pretty appealing ride if you ask me. It doesn’t seem to bother anyone in their program that it is class A.”

Rainier's analysis: Does this count as "pathetic whining"? Hermantown would never do this, correct?

A post from Northernguy: looking at STA's schedule is mind boggling...i question why they schedule the amount of AA schools they do but then they do not elect to play AA come tournament time? have some self respect and at least offer an explanation publically on the matter. No metro private school should be allowed to play at the A level. I love private schools, i went to one and my kid goes to one, i also love watching class A hockey but i like a balanced playing field. i also love watch AA hockey and and public and private schools...but when you have the amount of success any school has had in the smaller class you do the right thing and move up...whether you are private or public school. its called integrity, and STA doesnt have it.

Rainier's analysis: What about Hermantown's level of success at A? Do they lack integrity because they don't opt up?

Peky on STA being really good: "STA beats #2 ranked AA HM 2-1. Bet they wish they could go to AA this year".

Rainier's analysis: Hermantown beat #1 7AA seed GR and 6AA champ Wayzata. I wonder if Peky wishes his team could have been AA this year?

Peky on Hermantown's youth teams: "Class A Hermantown's AA Bantam and PeeWee teams are beating/playing with many 2A schools AA teams. The latest example is their sweep of Centennial in the Spirit of Duluth at the PeeWee and Bantam levels. In addition, they are now consistently beating Duluth East. Hermantown has beaten East in the past, but never like it happened last year and now this year. I believe it’s only going to get tougher for East to beat Herm at the youth level. A real shift in hockey power is occurring in NE Mn."

Rainier's analysis: Apparently four years ago Peky was pretty bullish on Hermantown's chances of winning 7AA. Why do you slow-play how good your team is now, Peky?

Peky showing more love for STA: "Hermantown’s success is due to its Amateur Hockey Program. STA success is due to everybody else’s Hockey Programs. Trash talking H-Town or any other small school program on this thread shows just how screwed up you are. STA had 9 players in the Elite League and the rest in Elite D, more than any other program A or AA. Move up you sandbagging trophy chasing pusses.”

Rainier's analysis: Hermantown's Elite and Prep Elite numbers were very close to this this past season, but apparently you don't think the last sentence you wrote applies to your Hawks also.

Rainier's Final Analysis: My how things have changed, Peky. Now you are a high-road taking, humble man of the people. You would never whine, trash-talk, or be a sore loser, right? The best part is that these are just a sliver of your quotes. There's plenty more where these came from.

Wow thanks for doing this! Anyway, I stand by what I said about STA and believe all private schools should be in AA or at minimum some guideline forcing them to move up after a criteria is met. Private schools don't develop youth players and all their players come from someone else's program. For me, any public school that meets the MSHSL guidelines, and Hermantown does by a long shot, can play in A as long as it wants. I could really care a less. If Hermantown got beat by Mahtomedi or TRF or Hibbing every year so be it. Private is another animal. You comparing Hermatown to a private is a joke and a disgrace. Period.
rainier

Post by rainier »

pekyman wrote:
rainier wrote:Peky, you say I am a "pathetic whiner", so in fairness I looked through your old posts from when The Spotlight of Shame was on STA. After only ten minutes of looking, I uncovered a cornucopia of your whining and trash-talking. So I thought I'd list some of your finest posts and then give my analysis for each.

Wow thanks for doing this! Anyway, I stand by what I said about STA and believe all private schools should be in AA or at minimum some guideline forcing them to move up after a criteria is met. Private schools don't develop youth players and all their players come from someone else's program. For me, any public school that meets the MSHSL guidelines, and Hermantown does by a long shot, can play in A as long as it wants. I could really care a less. If Hermantown got beat by Mahtomedi or TRF or Hibbing every year so be it. Private is another animal. You comparing Hermatown to a private is a joke and a disgrace. Period.
"All their players come from someone else's program." Didn't five of your ten best players start out in associations other than Hermantown's? Doesn't this suggest that Hermantown just does a better job of acquiring talented players even earlier than STA does?

As others have posted, when a parent from Proctor or Denfeld sees their kid has talent, they move-in or open enroll to Hermantown, thus Hermantown is benefitting from the surrounding communities. Without the supplemental talent provided by these surrounding communities, Hermantown would be just like TRF, Hibbing, Little Falls, etc, i.e., a solid A program. With the AA talent pool that the Duluth metro area provides, Hermantown is a AA team. It is as simple as that.

Hermantown is hiding behind the MSHSL guidelines the same way STA was.
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

rainier wrote:
RRubberbeeskit wrote:
rainier wrote:Since moving back to 7A, Hermantown is 9-0 in section playoffs, having won by a combined score of 70-6!

Crazy when you consider the last couple years 7A has had top five A teams such as Marshall and Hibbing, along with top ten A teams Denfeld and Greenway. There are good A teams in the section, but Hermantown is light years ahead.

Playing AA throught youth and having a HS schedule that is mostly AA is a great way to prepare for the Class A playoffs, apparently.

rainier, I believe the only thing missing is...Academy... A nearly perfect snapshot of STA without the class A championship banners.👹
Roseau does nearly the same thing with homegrown boys but they have AA Championship banners to hang in there hockey arena.
Yep, except the Hermantown team relies on surrounding communities to fill out their roster. Here's the tally on this year's team:

Top three defenseman are from Proctor, Proctor, and Hibbing.
Two 2nd liners are from Proctor and Colorado.

So if Hermantown played with Hermantown players only, they would have a great top line, one very good defenseman, and a very good goalie. So, in other words, they would be TRF. :D

It's great that they have a program that can attract so much talent from the surrounding communities, but they are no different than a metro private when it comes to drawing from AA-sized talent pools.
This whole "He's from here" argument is just a load of crap. Wyatt does not or has never lived in or played for Proctor so stating that he's "from Proctor" is just a load of garbage. And yes I'm aware that Pike Lake is considered Proctor school district. When people ask Wyatt where he's from I'm sure he replies with "Hermantown." End of story. Good for his parent's for sending him to Hermantown over Proctor. Much better school in every area.
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

rainier wrote:
duluth dave wrote:Double A sized pool? You have Duluth East, Marshall and Hermantown all within 5 miles of each other. I don't think there numbers quite add up to metro numbers.
They get talent from:
Hermantown: 615
Proctor: 599
Denfeld: 863

Total: 2077 students

A better way to look at it is to imagine taking the town of Hermantown and placing it where TRF is now and all they have is the kids within the Hermantown school borders. Without a Proctor or Denfeld supplementing their talent pool through move-ins or open enrollement, how good are they?

A great top line, one very good defenseman, and a very good goalie. In other words, they would be TRF!

As a poster from Proctor said, the reason their program has been suffering is because "You all left for Hermantown!" And Denfeld coach Smalley mentioned how many hockey families have relocated to Hermantown.

When you get a significant portion of your talent from surrounding communities, then enrollment numbers become meaningless, just as they do with STA, BSM, HM, etc.

Apparently, I am a "pathetic whiner", but people who were saying the exact same things just a few years ago, people such as Plante and loads of Hermantown fans, are not. :roll:
Who on Hermantown transferred from Denfeld? Not trying to be snarky I'm actually wondering because I was unaware.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

rainier wrote:
pekyman wrote:

"All their players come from someone else's program." Didn't five of your ten best players start out in associations other than Hermantown's? Doesn't this suggest that Hermantown just does a better job of acquiring talented players even earlier than STA does?

As others have posted, when a parent from Proctor or Denfeld sees their kid has talent, they move-in or open enroll to Hermantown, thus Hermantown is benefitting from the surrounding communities. Without the supplemental talent provided by these surrounding communities, Hermantown would be just like TRF, Hibbing, Little Falls, etc, i.e., a solid A program. With the AA talent pool that the Duluth metro area provides, Hermantown is a AA team. It is as simple as that.

Well you keep telling yourself that. By your definition, Denfeld and Proctor are AA too. Didn't Hibbing have 2 brothers come from far away? Hibbings AA too. Hermantown has an excellent hockey program. You should work on your in Hibbing.
hockeyfan2612

Post by hockeyfan2612 »

hshockeyfan53 wrote:
rainier wrote:
RRubberbeeskit wrote:

rainier, I believe the only thing missing is...Academy... A nearly perfect snapshot of STA without the class A championship banners.👹
Roseau does nearly the same thing with homegrown boys but they have AA Championship banners to hang in there hockey arena.
Yep, except the Hermantown team relies on surrounding communities to fill out their roster. Here's the tally on this year's team:

So if Hermantown played with Hermantown players only, they would have a great top line, one very good defenseman, and a very good goalie. So, in other words, they would be TRF. :D

It's great that they have a program that can attract so much talent from the surrounding communities, but they are no different than a metro private when it comes to drawing from AA-sized talent pools.
This whole "He's from here" argument is just a load of crap. Wyatt does not or has never lived in or played for Proctor so stating that he's "from Proctor" is just a load of garbage. And yes I'm aware that Pike Lake is considered Proctor school district. When people ask Wyatt where he's from I'm sure he replies with "Hermantown." End of story. Good for his parent's for sending him to Hermantown over Proctor. Much better school in every area.
I dont want to disrespect Proctor, but from what ive heard its not the best place to send your kid to school. On the other hand Hermantown is a fantastic school with great faculty and educators. Ive said this before if you live in pike lake you literally have to drive right by Hermantown high school to get to Proctor. Its not just hockey, multiple kids who live in pike lake go to Hermantown for the School.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

hshockeyfan53 wrote:
rainier wrote:
duluth dave wrote:Double A sized pool? You have Duluth East, Marshall and Hermantown all within 5 miles of each other. I don't think there numbers quite add up to metro numbers.
They get talent from:

A better way to look at it is to imagine taking the town of Hermantown and placing it where TRF is now and all they have is the kids within the Hermantown school borders. Without a Proctor or Denfeld supplementing their talent pool through move-ins or open enrollement, how good are they?

A great top line, one very good defenseman, and a very good goalie. In other words, they would be TRF!

As a poster from Proctor said, the reason their program has been suffering is because "You all left for Hermantown!" And Denfeld coach Smalley mentioned how many hockey families have relocated to Hermantown.

When you get a significant portion of your talent from surrounding communities, then enrollment numbers become meaningless, just as they do with STA, BSM, HM, etc.

Apparently, I am a "pathetic whiner", but people who were saying the exact same things just a few years ago, people such as Plante and loads of Hermantown fans, are not. :roll:
Who on Hermantown transferred from Denfeld? Not trying to be snarky I'm actually wondering because I was unaware.
You don't even realize how stupid your argument is. And you forgot Gotz from Hibbing so add Hibbing to the total also.
O yea, subtract Marshall x 4 for the 4 Hermantown kids that are there
and Denfeld x 2 for the 2 that went there.
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

pekyman wrote:
rainier wrote:
pekyman wrote: Wow thanks for doing this! Anyway, I stand by what I said about STA and believe all private schools should be in AA or at minimum some guideline forcing them to move up after a criteria is met. Private schools don't develop youth players and all their players come from someone else's program. For me, any public school that meets the MSHSL guidelines, and Hermantown does by a long shot, can play in A as long as it wants. I could really care a less. If Hermantown got beat by Mahtomedi or TRF or Hibbing every year so be it. Private is another animal. You comparing Hermatown to a private is a joke and a disgrace. Period.

Well you keep telling yourself that. By your definition, Denfeld and Proctor are AA too. Didn't Hibbing have 2 brothers come from far away? Hibbings AA too. Hermantown has an excellent hockey program. You should work on your in Hibbing.
Rainier would rather complain about the other guy and blame others for his program's shortfall than work on improving it. That's what most Americans do now days. Rather than doing something about it, they blame everyone else for all their "problems."
rainier

Post by rainier »

hshockeyfan53 wrote:
rainier wrote:
RRubberbeeskit wrote:

He lives in one school district, but goes to school in another. That's open enrollment, my friend.

I have no problem with kids from Proctor, Denfeld, Hibbing, Colorado, etc. open enrolling/moving to Hermantown, but you Hawk fans need to realize that when you get talent from all over a huge talent pool, that makes you a AA team, just like STA.

In the Duluth metro area, the total enrollment is 3817. (East, Hermantown, Denfeld, Proctor, and Marshall) Considering East, Hermantown, and Marshall are getting by far the lion's share of the talent, you can split that enrollment up 3 ways.

3817/3=1272 effective enrollment each for East, Hermantown, and Marshall.

Like it or not, Hermantown is an AA school when it comes to hockey.
hockeyfan2612

Post by hockeyfan2612 »

hshockeyfan53 wrote:
rainier wrote:
They get talent from:

Jonah Williams transferd for his senior season to denfeld from hermantown last year. He was a pretty consistent player for them as well.
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

hockeyfan2612 wrote:
hshockeyfan53 wrote:
rainier wrote: They get talent from:

Jonah Williams transferd for his senior season to denfeld from hermantown last year. He was a pretty consistent player for them as well.
Whoa no way! Denfeld is sucking the talent from Hermantown they better go to AA. Come to think of it I think that Grillo kid transferred to Denfeld from Hermantown back in 2012 or 2013. So Denfeld is bigger than Hermantown AND is getting transfers from the Hermantown school district. Shouldn't they also be AA Rainier?
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

hshockeyfan53 wrote:
hockeyfan2612 wrote:
hshockeyfan53 wrote: Who on Hermantown transferred from Denfeld? Not trying to be snarky I'm actually wondering because I was unaware.
Whoa no way! Denfeld is sucking the talent from Hermantown they better go to AA. Come to think of it I think that Grillo kid transferred to Denfeld from Hermantown back in 2012 or 2013. So Denfeld is bigger than Hermantown AND is getting transfers from the Hermantown school district. Shouldn't they also be AA Rainier?
And Marshall has 2 Stauber Bros from Hermantown and 2 Sullivan Bros from Hermantown.
rainier

Post by rainier »

Just in the last few posts, the Hermantown faithful have used the following arguments. (I would like to remind everyone that these exact same arguments were made by STA fans when defending their program.):

""Rainier would rather complain about the other guy and blame others for his program's shortfall than work on improving it. That's what most Americans do now days. Rather than doing something about it, they blame everyone else for all their "problems."

"On the other hand Hermantown is a fantastic school with great faculty and educators."

"Hermantown has an excellent hockey program. You should work on your in Hibbing."

"Good for his parent's for sending him to Hermantown over Proctor. Much better school in every area."

These are the same responses STA people had for you Hermantonians a few years ago, and they weren't good enough for you to stop whining. Why are they good enough now that The Spotlight of Shame is pointed at the swamp behind the mall?

The sad part is that there was one or two STA fans that actually posted things like: "Yes, we have a had a bunch of success in Class A and we're good enough now to move up."

Yet I don't hear this from the Hermantown people.
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

Hermantown should stay in A, they clearly aren't good enough to play with STAA if they can't win a title in the smaller class.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

rainier wrote:Just in the last few posts, the Hermantown faithful have used the following arguments. (I would like to remind everyone that these exact same arguments were made by STA fans when defending their program.):

""Rainier would rather complain about the other guy and blame others for his program's shortfall than work on improving it. That's what most Americans do now days. Rather than doing something about it, they blame everyone else for all their "problems."

"On the other hand Hermantown is a fantastic school with great faculty and educators."

"Hermantown has an excellent hockey program. You should work on your in Hibbing."

"Good for his parent's for sending him to Hermantown over Proctor. Much better school in every area."

These are the same responses STA people had for you Hermantonians a few years ago, and they weren't good enough for you to stop whining. Why are they good enough now that The Spotlight of Shame is pointed at the swamp behind the mall?

The sad part is that there was one or two STA fans that actually posted things like: "Yes, we have a had a bunch of success in Class A and we're good enough now to move up."

You really have selective reading and only see what you want to see.
In 1 or 2 previous posts I stated that I think Hermantown should move to AA in the 2017-18 season.
hockeyfan2612

Post by hockeyfan2612 »

rainier wrote:Just in the last few posts, the Hermantown faithful have used the following arguments. (I would like to remind everyone that these exact same arguments were made by STA fans when defending their program.):

I completley agree Hermantown should go up. In high school hockey people come and people go its just how it works. The difference is I believe they should go up not because of players coming in, I personally think they are just to good to be in A. They dismantled every A team they played except for one game against Greenway. I just think that their talent is wasted in A
rainier

Post by rainier »

hshockeyfan53 wrote:
hockeyfan2612 wrote:
hshockeyfan53 wrote: Who on Hermantown transferred from Denfeld? Not trying to be snarky I'm actually wondering because I was unaware.
Same "You have make your program more attractive." argument that the STA people used to make. Why is that argument good enough for you to use now?

I bet those kids' families were pretty happy their kids were forced to play at other schools because of all the open enrollment/move-ins at Hermantown.

How many of the top ten players on Hermantown were either later move-ins or open enrolless? Five?

Smalley is on record lamenting all the hockey families that are moving to Hermantown.

The top Hermantown squirt team has players from seven different associations?

Without the deep talent pool provided by the Duluth metro area, Hermantown is just another solid A team, nothing more.
hockeyfan2612

Post by hockeyfan2612 »

thestickler07 wrote:Hermantown should stay in A, they clearly aren't good enough to play with STAA if they can't win a title in the smaller class.
Sarcasm I hope??
rainier

Post by rainier »

pekyman wrote:

You really have selective reading and only see what you want to see.
In 1 or 2 previous posts I stated that I think Hermantown should move to AA in the 2017-18 season.
Sounds good. I hope it happens.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

hockeyfan2612 wrote:I completley agree Hermantown should go up. In high school hockey people come and people go its just how it works. The difference is I believe they should go up not because of players coming in, I personally think they are just to good to be in A. They dismantled every A team they played except for one game against Greenway. I just think that their talent is wasted in A
Haven't they won the A tournament just once in their history? Just think if all the teams that have won it once moved up. Eventually there would be no Class A teams left.