Section 6A Final: (2) Cathedral vs. (4) Little Falls

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Outcome of the game?

Cathedral by 3+ goals
30%
Cathedral in a close game
52%
Little Falls with the upset
17%

Total votes: 23

mnhockey47

Section 6A Final: (2) Cathedral vs. (4) Little Falls

Post by mnhockey47 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:56 pm

What are people's thoughts? Can little falls pull another huge upset?

notTONIGHT

Re: Section 6A Final: (2) Cathedral vs. (4) Little Falls

Post by notTONIGHT » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:19 pm

mnhockey47 wrote:What are people's thoughts? Can little falls pull another huge upset?
Do you think its a TRAP game?!?!?! 8)

Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:37 am

notTONIGHT wrote:
mnhockey47 wrote:What are people's thoughts? Can little falls pull another huge upset?
Yes we should ask blue line d,aka TROUT, aka Hilary 2016!!! Glad he's back!

BlueLine_D

Post by BlueLine_D » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:10 am

Whiner33 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
Yes we should ask blue line d,aka TROUT, aka Hilary 2016!!! Glad he's back!
Haha not TROUT or any other previous forum member. Just a guy who loves some central MN hockey and a longtime forum reader who decided to finally create an account and throw my thoughts and opinions into the mix.

BlueLine_D

Post by BlueLine_D » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:21 am

I find this section final to be remarkably similar to the final last year. A number 4 seed who competed all year but was unable to get the big section win, who then won a close 4/5 matchup and before knocking off the #1 seed in their own building thanks to outstanding goaltending and great team play, versus the number 2 Crusaders who have played a strong schedule and won the regular season match-ups with their section final adversaries. Will last season repeat itself with the 4 seed completing the comeback story, or will this Cathedral team do what last years team could not and make it back to state?

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:56 am

BlueLine_D wrote:I find this section final to be remarkably similar to the final last year. A number 4 seed who competed all year but was unable to get the big section win, who then won a close 4/5 matchup and before knocking off the #1 seed in their own building thanks to outstanding goaltending and great team play, versus the number 2 Crusaders who have played a strong schedule and won the regular season match-ups with their section final adversaries. Will last season repeat itself with the 4 seed completing the comeback story, or will this Cathedral team do what last years team could not and make it back to state?
The Flyers will absolutely need this again and be physical to have a chance. Crusaders will bring deeper and faster offensive talent. LF D-men will have to be able to handle the ferocious forecheck and get it out of their zone.

RRubberbeeskit

Post by RRubberbeeskit » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:06 am

Mite-dad wrote:
BlueLine_D wrote:I find this section final to be remarkably similar to the final last year. A number 4 seed who competed all year but was unable to get the big section win, who then won a close 4/5 matchup and before knocking off the #1 seed in their own building thanks to outstanding goaltending and great team play, versus the number 2 Crusaders who have played a strong schedule and won the regular season match-ups with their section final adversaries. Will last season repeat itself with the 4 seed completing the comeback story, or will this Cathedral team do what last years team could not and make it back to state?
The Flyers will absolutely need this again and be physical to have a chance. Crusaders will bring deeper and faster offensive talent. LF D-men will have to be able to handle the ferocious forecheck and get it out of their zone.
The Flyers move the puck out of the dzone very quickly and move the puck nicely. Controlling the rebounds in net is a bit of a concern however I was not at the Flyer vs Apollo game Sat. so not sure if that was cleaned up a bit. The Crusaders will come very hard to the net with a relentless offensive attack.
I would give the edge to the Crusaders but am still smelling another upset by the Flyers. Best of luck to both teams!

BobSaget

Post by BobSaget » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:03 am

In my opinion, Cathedral has the deepest offense in the section by quite a bit. Their team defense has been suspect this year, but has improved toward the end of the season. Max Labine played exactly one shift last weekend...if fully healthy, he could be a difference maker for the team (fully healthy seems unlikely).

The game Saturday was my only time seeing Little Falls play this season. They appeared to be a bigger team and seemed poised to do all of the little things right to win the game.

I'm looking forward to the game...it should be a dandy.

GP4Lhockey

Post by GP4Lhockey » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:47 am

The Mac holds about 2700 and it will be sold out. Little falls brings the home ice advantage to the MAC. It might actually feel like an away game for the crusaders

BlueLine_D

Post by BlueLine_D » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:08 pm

GP4Lhockey wrote:The Mac holds about 2700 and it will be sold out. Little falls brings the home ice advantage to the MAC. It might actually feel like an away game for the crusaders

Little Falls fans definitely travel well and I agree that they will most likely outnumber the Cathedral fans, especially when it comes to student sections. Should be an incredible atmosphere to go along with a great game that could go either way. My Prediction is 4-2 CHS but I would not be surprised at all to see Little Falls head to the X. Anyone else have predictions?

GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:21 pm

Hopefully Derrick has better luck in section finals at Cathedral than Luverne!
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:31 pm

5-2 LF

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:27 pm

LF down 0-4 quickly..

GP4Lhockey

Post by GP4Lhockey » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:16 pm

9-1 Cathedral after 2. I think this is the most lopsided section final ever.