Will Bemidji be seeded at the X?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

WestMetro

Will Bemidji be seeded at the X?

Post by WestMetro »

Assuming both Stillwater and Bemidji win this week , records are the best by far of the tourney participants . Both schedules were somewhat weaker than most participants , with Stillwater's being somewhat tougher of the two

Should Bemidji get the 5th seed, with sections 3 , 5 and 7 being unseeded.?

What will be the coaching group logic if they seed Section 7 winner at 5th , but not Bemidji
notTONIGHT

Re: Will Bemidji be seeded at the X?

Post by notTONIGHT »

WestMetro wrote:Assuming both Stillwater and Bemidji win this week , records are the best by far of the tourney participants . Both schedules were somewhat weaker than most participants , with Stillwater's being somewhat tougher of the two

What will be the coaching group logic if they seed Section 7 winner at 5th , but not Bemidji
Coaches don't have logic they have agenda's.
warriors41

Re: Will Bemidji be seeded at the X?

Post by warriors41 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
WestMetro wrote:Assuming both Stillwater and Bemidji win this week , records are the best by far of the tourney participants . Both schedules were somewhat weaker than most participants , with Stillwater's being somewhat tougher of the two

Coaches don't have logic they have agenda's.
That might still lead to Bemidji being seeded haha
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Well Warrior and Elliott , would you want to be seeded or unseeded?
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

WestMetro wrote:Well Warrior and Elliott , would you want to be seeded or unseeded?
Its always better to be seeded then unseeded. I have no clue where they'd fall in relation to other teams. I don't know if other coaches will look at records or best wins. How impressive will they look at beating Hermantown, Hill Murray, and Moorhead twice (assuming they win Wednesday)? Will they give them credit for a few very competitive games at the tournament last year with a young team? It just depends on what they value. Like I said in another thread though, I don't think being unseeded this year is as big a deal as it would be in most years. Obviously, it depends on who wins these games but I don't see there being as much of a gap between the 8 teams this year as there usually is. Even the #1 seed will be very beatable. I wouldn't be surprised at all of an unseeded team made a run at the championship this year.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

WestMetro wrote:Well Warrior and Elliott , would you want to be seeded or unseeded?
The only team remaining that may beat Bemidji is Wayzata. So, seed them wherever.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

GB, in light of this prognostication of a possible 4/5 X matchup with the Jacks, would you care to repost your December memo to O Leary on the various overhauls you suggested which led to the Trojans improvement in the 2nd half?
offtheglas

Post by offtheglas »

Don't get too far ahead of yourself they still have to play a team that beat them not too long ago.
nahc

Post by nahc »

Bemidji had better hope, if they make the X, they don't draw Lakeville North (if North wins on Thursday).... North by 3 if that happens with no empty net......

Free Sats.......!!
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

nahc wrote:Bemidji had better hope, if they make the X, they don't draw Lakeville North (if North wins on Thursday).... North by 3 if that happens with no empty net......

Free Sats.......!!
North has one line that would be able to bring it to the O zone.
North better hope that Bemidji and Grand Rapids lose.

Bemidji 3-1.

GRapids 4-2.

Wayzata is the hope of the metro.
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

I don't think anyone wants to play North at the X---Except Benilde. GB
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

GoldenBear wrote:I don't think anyone wants to play North at the X---Except Benilde. GB
Elk River

Minnetonka

Blaine

Holy Family
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

I'm thinking Bemidji will be in line to get the 4 and the winner of GR and DE would be 5. Would the MSHSL let this happen? 8)
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Oh...

And free stats...
after LN fails to make the X.
Just for a day.
gitter

Post by gitter »

elliott70 wrote:Oh...

And free stats...
Just for a day.
What happened to the man? Did I miss the thread where he went completely insane? I mean he was always partially...
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

elliott70 wrote:Oh...

And free stats...
Just for a day.
What does one normally pay for stats? I wish SATS was here. He could tell us!
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

[quote="GoldenBear"]I don't think anyone wants to play North at the X---Except Benilde. GB[/quote]

Because it would just be a scrimmage after North's season ends Thursday.
boblee

Post by boblee »

The Jacks have a real shot to be the 4 or 5 seed. Don't see them being much higher than that due to SOS. I do, however, hope against hope that the Jacks and the 7AA winner are not the 4-5 seeds. Would be disappointing to lose a northern team from the get-go.

If all the "high seeds" prevail I like:

1. Lakeville North
2. Stillwater
3. Grand Rapids
4. Wayzata
5. Eden Prairie
Bemidji
St. Thomas
Anoka

3-4-5 are VERY fluid to me in this conversation and Bemidji certainly deserves to be in that discussion.
blueblood

Seeds

Post by blueblood »

GR will not get the 3rd seed if all high seeds win out. Both Lake teams beat GR:

Ep won 6-3
Wayzata won 3-2

I see it as:

1) Stillwater
2) Lakeville North
3) Wayzata
4) Ep
5) Grand Rapids
GoldenBear69

Post by GoldenBear69 »

offtheglas wrote:Don't get too far ahead of yourself they still have to play a team that beat them not too long ago.
IF Bemidji makes it to the X...they will be unseeded based on SOS.
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

GoldenBear69 wrote:
offtheglas wrote:Don't get too far ahead of yourself they still have to play a team that beat them not too long ago.
I second that. Record is nice but inflated from SOS.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

GoldenBear69 wrote:
Yes, SOS.

Apparently some of you do not know the proper calculation of SOS is with the games you have won.
Remove the losses and let me know what you get.

Now if you would have said head to head and common opponents then maybe you would have something.

Coaches votes are strange things. We will see, assuming the favorites win, which seems not to be happening.

But seeding will mean little except for the team that draws Wayzata first. And even that means what? You have to win 3 regardless.
GopherHockey

Post by GopherHockey »

boblee wrote:The Jacks have a real shot to be the 4 or 5 seed. Don't see them being much higher than that due to SOS. I do, however, hope against hope that the Jacks and the 7AA winner are not the 4-5 seeds. Would be disappointing to lose a northern team from the get-go.

1. Lakeville North
2. Stillwater
3. Grand Rapids
4. Wayzata
5. Eden Prairie
Bemidji
St. Thomas
Anoka

3-4-5 are VERY fluid to me in this conversation and Bemidji certainly deserves to be in that discussion.
That would be Rapids/Bemidji in the Quarterfinal.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

boblee wrote:The Jacks have a real shot to be the 4 or 5 seed. Don't see them being much higher than that due to SOS. I do, however, hope against hope that the Jacks and the 7AA winner are not the 4-5 seeds. Would be disappointing to lose a northern team from the get-go.

1. Lakeville North
2. Stillwater
3. Grand Rapids
4. Wayzata
5. Eden Prairie
Bemidji
St. Thomas
Anoka

Even if only one of the northern team are seeded it could still end up happening that they both end up playing each other in the first round. I agree that it would be a shame if it happens. Although, if it does happen it would be a good game and would also ensure that at least one northern team reaches the semi finals.
GopherHockey

Post by GopherHockey »

If all top seeds remaining make it.

1.Stillwater
2.Wayzata
3.Eden Prairie
4.Lakeville
5.Rapids