AA Semifinal: Grand Rapids vs. Eden Prairie

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Thunderhawks
45%
Eagles
55%

Total votes: 22

karl(east)

AA Semifinal: Grand Rapids vs. Eden Prairie

Post by karl(east) »

And the winner is...
ladybing

Post by ladybing »

Mittelstadt seems to be virtually uncontainable.
kniven

Re: AA Semifinal: Grand Rapids vs. Eden Prairie

Post by kniven »

karl(east) wrote:And the winner is...
My head says GR and my heart says GR. Section 7 AA baby!!!! Getter done boys :)))
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

I picked GR in the Tourney Challenge, but after losing a top forward and watching their defense last night, lets just say I'm not comfortable with my pick. :?
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

I'm not sure if GR has ever beat Eden Prairie. I know they have lost to them a bunch of times. That being said:

This group played the toughest schedule in forever and handled it well.
This group was able to get past Duluth East in the Section 7AA final.
This group was able to get by a very good Bemidji team last night. They were
1-6 against northern teams in the tournament all time prior to that.

Eden Prairie is very good and has some great players but I am going to go with GR in this one for two reasons.

1- They keep finding ways to get it done.
2- I always pick the orange and black.
:)
@hockeytweet

Post by @hockeytweet »

EP 4
GR 3

In a classic.

I would love to reverse it. However, I also predict on those 4 goals, #11 with 2G, 2A. How do you stop him? Apparently no one in high school can. Maybe the next level?

Without CM, EP is on the sofa watching 45.

Orange has a chance if they pepper that EP goalie. I'm not a rocket scientist but the save % that Durocher is putting up isn't Tourney caliber. Anoka put three by him on what was it? 15 shots?
jeffpv

Post by jeffpv »

I'd prefer GR win, but I think it'll be EP by a score of 6-4.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

@hockeytweet wrote:EP 4
GR 3

In a classic.

I would love to reverse it. However, I also predict on those 4 goals, #11 with 2G, 2A. How do you stop him? Apparently no one in high school can. Maybe the next level?

Without CM, EP is on the sofa watching 45.

Orange has a chance if they pepper that EP goalie. I'm not a rocket scientist but the save % that Durocher is putting up isn't Tourney caliber. Anoka put three by him on what was it? 15 shots?
And what was he doing on that third goal? :oops:
BlueLine_D

Post by BlueLine_D »

If you're Grand Rapids how do you go about trying to stop Mittelstadt? Do you try to get Mattson's line out there against him and hope they can hold him to a point or two and play for the low-scoring 3-2/2-1 matchup? Or do you put your second or third line against Mittelstadt and go for the fast paced 6-5 shootout game?

I also understand that EP has last change which will allow them to pick the match-ups they want. So I guess the real question will be do they choose to match 1v1 or let #11 go against GR's second and third line.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

EP by 2. Sad GR doesn't have all their resources and had to reshuffle lines
grindiangrad-80

WestMetro wrote:EP by 2. Sad GR doesn't have all their resources and had to reshuffle lines
I don't think it's any different than other teams who are missing players due to injuries. You have to suit up the players that are there and go out and get at it.

They are good enough to play with the Eagles. They just have to do it.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Grindian, agree with all that, but I'm still a little bummed bout it
grindiangrad-80

WestMetro wrote:Grindian, agree with all that, but I'm still a little bummed bout it
I hear ya. Me too.
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
WestMetro wrote:EP by 2. Sad GR doesn't have all their resources and had to reshuffle lines
I don't think it's any different than other teams who are missing players due to injuries. You have to suit up the players that are there and go out and get at it.

They are good enough to play with the Eagles. They just have to do it.
Graeber stepped up last night & had a strong game. No reason to think he won't again. Leaves their 3rd line intact. They'll be all right.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Well, I should add the additional thought: it is more important how GR decides to defend and disrupt CM , than is the the loss of one key GR forward. West Metro teams were successful in this in the last part of the season, Hopefully GR can learn from that , compared to their Dec Braemar game. I will say again what I've been saying all season long : defenders got to watch CM chest, not his hands, stickblade ,feet or eyes
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

WestMetro wrote:Well, I should add the additional thought: it is more important how GR decides to defend and disrupt CM , than is the the loss of one key GR forward. West Metro teams were successful in this in the last part of the season, Hopefully GR can learn from that , compared to their Dec Braemar game. I will say again what I've been saying all season long : defenders got to watch CM chest, not his hands, stickblade ,feet or eyes
Isn't that true for all defensemen? I haven't seen Hermantown much, but Aamodt has been walked twice in the past two days watching the puck! Shocking, considering all the talk about how good he is.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Yes it is, but aside from his speed - CM is the best with the fakes, and making you pay if you go for them
Mavs

Post by Mavs »

Have to go EP
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

Mavs wrote:Have to go EP
Of course you do Zosel. :roll:
hadenuf

Post by hadenuf »

Back in the old days we would have turned Scot Kleinendorst on Middlestadt.
That would make him hide in the corner and weep.
hadenuf

Post by hadenuf »

Back in the old days we would have turned Scot Kleinendorst on Middlestadt.
grindiangrad-80

hadenuf wrote:Back in the old days we would have turned Scot Kleinendorst on Middlestadt.

He was a solid blueliner. Great defender and always kept his shot from the point low and on net.
grindiangrad-80

Mittlestadt (sp) is a monster. GR needs to contain him a little or this could get away.
Eagles have not allowed much pressure either.
Puckstopper81

Post by Puckstopper81 »

EP doesn't have a team without Middlestadt. Plain and simple. EP team or coaches can't function without him.
LASERBLUE135

Post by LASERBLUE135 »

Casey is sick! But question? Why wasn't that a stoppage before it went in the net? Delayed penalty?