EP student section

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

wisconsinprephockey

EP student section

Post by wisconsinprephockey »

I can't help but wonder what was going on in eden priarie's student section. They only had one little section behind the band that appeared to be true student seating the two sections next to it their students were forced to sit down and put their signs down during play due to the fact their was regular seating behind them yet. Meanwhile wayzata had their section behind the band and the section next to it. Anyone have insight as to why or how that happens where eden prairies students are split across three sections with regular seating behind them?
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I'm guessing it's how each school chooses to distribute the tickets that are given to them. Some go with parents & boosters with small students. Some go with no students lower deck & put all of them in the upper deck.

Kudos to Wayzata for choosing to do it the way they did. It makes for a much more enjoyable atmosphere when the students are closer to the action.

Also, EP isn't exactly known for hockey being a priority, at least compared to their neighboring rivals. Don't know how that factors in, but figured it be out there.
luckyEPDad

Post by luckyEPDad »

EP played hockey this weekend? Are you sure?
hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

Have always thought that the larger schools (EP, Edina, etc.) always have a more impressive and more effective student section when all of the students are in several side-by-side sections in the top bowl. Eden Prairie has never had a great student section, but think the best that I have seen it was when they were all in the top bowl during the 2011 final.