2016-17 Coach Openings

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

goaliedad31

Post by goaliedad31 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:31 pm

Playing with the best player in the state. He is a Senior this year. No transfer rule for the Blake kids moving in???

Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:51 am

Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:22 pm

goaliedad31 wrote:Playing with the best player in the state. He is a Senior this year. No transfer rule for the Blake kids moving in???
Private to public is usually pretty easy - "Really, we can't afford it anymore"

Oldcoach63

Post by Oldcoach63 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Add Shattuck's to the list. They are a Minnesota high school.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/07/1 ... ol-mentor/

WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Oldcoach63 wrote:Add Shattuck's to the list. They are a Minnesota high school.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/07/1 ... ol-mentor/
I thought he would be a great choice for Gophers Head Coach.

Oldcoach63

Post by Oldcoach63 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:19 pm

TW played both hockey and baseball at the U of M and also spent a few years as Woog's assistant at the U. He also ran the Vulcans the last few years that they were around. With all those stars he developed at SSM I think he'd be awesome at the U. Maybe it will happen some day if Lucia leaves.

greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:23 pm

Don'r hold your breath. Lucia just got another two years. Gophers fail to make the NCAA and were the worst D1 team in the state. Interesting.

PuckDaddy

Post by PuckDaddy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:36 am

Blue and GoalieDad -

If I understand the situation with Blake kid transferring to EP....think it is a goaltender who will be a Jr this year. Did not have a very good year at Blake last year and heard he had dual hip surgery recently. I do not understand the hardship angle - sell your house in Edina and buy a house in EP - seems to be fishy to me.

EP needs to focus on team chemistry - bringing a kid from the outside that played A hockey last few years just does not seem to make sense - I think that the team EP had on the ice this past weekend is mostly made up of kids that made the run to State as Bantam AA. Should keep that core together for another run.

stromboli

Post by stromboli » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:51 am

PuckDaddy wrote:Blue and GoalieDad -

If I understand the situation with Blake kid transferring to EP....think it is a goaltender who will be a Jr this year. Did not have a very good year at Blake last year and heard he had dual hip surgery recently. I do not understand the hardship angle - sell your house in Edina and buy a house in EP - seems to be fishy to me.

EP needs to focus on team chemistry - bringing a kid from the outside that played A hockey last few years just does not seem to make sense - I think that the team EP had on the ice this past weekend is mostly made up of kids that made the run to State as Bantam AA. Should keep that core together for another run.
What does playing A hockey have to do with it? Look at the NTDP's last two goalie picks from MN. :idea:

hunting247

Post by hunting247 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:46 pm

Not sure why Dietrich would transfer to EP??? He is not a very solid goalie and he would be lucky to make varsity. I know he has ties to Lee Smith from when Lee coached him in AAA. Wiencek is twice the goalie he is. Sounds like the Matt Foss experiment Lakeville North tried last year........worked well for them

BP

Post by BP » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:03 pm

^^^^Don't he's leaving Blake, unless something changed in the past 4-5 days. think he's back for sure.

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:50 pm

And what does this have to do with Coach Openings? #-o

PuckDaddy

Post by PuckDaddy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:08 pm

hunting247 wrote:

Not sure why Dietrich would transfer to EP??? He is not a very solid goalie and he would be lucky to make varsity. I know he has ties to Lee Smith from when Lee coached him in AAA. Wiencek is twice the goalie he is. Sounds like the Matt Foss experiment Lakeville North tried last year........worked well for them

I think both goalies are a better solution. The other kid is bigger plays with a bit more confidence. Like I said - they are deep and have a solid core - but the march to the penalty box is a bit troublesome.......

lamplighter98

Post by lamplighter98 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:42 pm

Sounds like Luverne will has an opening on the bench.

hunting247

Post by hunting247 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:42 pm

PuckDaddy wrote:
hunting247 wrote:

I think both goalies are a better solution. The other kid is bigger plays with a bit more confidence. Like I said - they are deep and have a solid core - but the march to the penalty box is a bit troublesome.......
I'm not sure we are talking about the same goalies. Wiencek has wayyy more confidence and skill then Dietrich. Dietrich is only a inch or two at max bigger than Wiencek. I believe either Anderson or Moschet are more skilled and have a better shot of making varsity this year . If Dietrich comes to EP he will be lucky to see any playing time, or even make varsity team. He would be better off staying at Blake.

rainier

Post by rainier » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:18 am

Former Greenway star Justin Tomberlin is new Hibbing coach.
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp." -Harry Dunn

greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:52 am

He comes from a family of great coaches. This will add a little extra to the Hibbing/Greenway games this year. They were going to be a lot of fun anyway this only increases it. Expect evenly played one goal games this year with Hibbing still a little better than Greenway. Perunovich owns Greenway.

BP

Post by BP » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:40 am

My sources are telling me the new Farmington coach is Lee Goren.

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:22 pm

I heard that most of the supporting staff (varsity and JV) has left Sager (WBL) and replacements openings have been posted.

Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:27 am

BodyShots wrote:I heard that most of the supporting staff (varsity and JV) has left Sager (WBL) and replacements openings have been posted.
It is indeed posted on the district website, says they're looking for 1 varsity,1 JV and a goalie coach that would help with both levels. I know all of the assistants have very young kids so that could be the reason.