Simply sad..

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MrBoDangles

Simply sad..

Post by MrBoDangles »

Final 54 16's
Skaters:
1A/AA 9 kids
7A/AA 9 kids
2A/AA 7 kids
3A/AA 7 kids
8A/AA 6 kids
6A/AA 6 kids
4A/AA 3 kids
5A/AA 1 kidx

Now here's the huge kicker
5A/AA outshot 7A/AA 44-20!!!!!! 1-2 L
5A/AA outshot 8A/AA 46-25!!!!!! 6-3 W
The shots were 25 -28 in a 2-1 win against 2A/AA!!

Scouts and D-1 coaches actually called and apologized to kids.
Last edited by MrBoDangles on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Why would scouts and coaches call to apologize? Did they have something to do with the outcome?
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

"Can't even believe it"
"Sorry they got it so wrong"
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

MrBoDangles wrote:"Can't even believe it"
Who are the "they"?

Who are the scouts and D-1 coaches?

Is this thing heading into the ditches?
4on5again

Post by 4on5again »

Definitely some surprises and not sure what game(s) they watched. Seemed to have a love for some programs and certain players who should have been left out. Like the door man says... sorry your name is not on the list.
mnhockeytown

Interesting

Post by mnhockeytown »

How many coaches/evaluators came from 4-5A/AA?

It's always a big part of the equation. From year to year, you look at kids (boys and girls) being picked. 50-75% are no brainers, and the rest become one big political nightmare.

The part that is tough to swallow is that some kids don't perform during the weekend, but they move on because they were really good in peewees or bantams, or make up your statement...it will always be that way.

I would be a huge advocate for each player that attends these type of events receive an evaluation from those folks evaluating. They don't need the evaluators name on it. There should be a scorecard for them to reflect on as a player. What do I need to do better...

Why not have two weekends with the same section kids? Bring in different evaluators each week. Combine the scores....What is the point of narrowing it down even more? It would be a great experience for those players that don't see this type of competition during the year. Plus, there is some validity to a fairly rotten process.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Mnhockeys wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:"Can't even believe it"
Who are the "they"?

Who are the scouts and D-1 coaches?

Is this thing heading into the ditches?
Sounds like you want it to go to the ditches..

There's no way to explain out of this one.

The team with one skater out shoots the team with 9 skaters 2-1

I feel terrible for the kids and plenty of money went out to only end up with biased evaluations.
4on5again

Post by 4on5again »

I copied this right off the HP website:
"The purpose of the CCM High Performance Program is to identify, train, educate and evaluate Minnesota’s best hockey players. The competition throughout our program gives each player the opportunity to measure themselves against others in his age group, gain knowledge about his development and to be exposed to outstanding coaching."

It should say For a small fee... measure yourself.

Far as I can see making St. Cloud camp as a 15 is your best shot at learning. The rest is a showcase.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

4on5again wrote:Definitely some surprises and not sure what game(s) they watched. Seemed to have a love for some programs and certain players who should have been left out. Like the door man says... sorry your name is not on the list.
If only it was about the kids..
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

4on5again wrote:Far as I can see making St. Cloud camp as a 15 is your best shot at learning. The rest is a showcase.
I was just thinking why they didn't run each level like they do the 15s. Gives more kids and more programs a chance to develop kids at a higher level.
blueblood

MBD

Post by blueblood »

I think this MBD wins the most preposterous statement of the year with his comment about "D1 coaches and scouts calling to apologize."
MrBoDangles

Re: MBD

Post by MrBoDangles »

blueblood wrote:I think this MBD wins the most preposterous statement of the year with his comment about "D1 coaches and scouts calling to apologize."
Text and call

All is well in Tonka? :wink:
Mavs

Post by Mavs »

That is pretty crazy
Cavemanman

Post by Cavemanman »

Section 5 only had 2 make it in the U17's. Absolutely stupid. Section 5 needs to have someone step up for them or not offer to send kids. What a shame.
scoreandscoreoften

Post by scoreandscoreoften »

Why does this surprise anyone? Every year it's the same discussion
blueblood

MBD

Post by blueblood »

All is fine in the land of Tonka:

New rink addition scheduled for mid-Dec 2016 opening
Kraft Hockeyville finalist
2x defending Bantam AA champs
HS baseball team ranked in top 5 for AAAA
Mtka HS just ranked #1 high school in MN
Crappies are biting on Tonka

The rich get richer...$$$$$$$

Like Al Davis used to day "Just win baby...."

:wink:
blueblood

MBD

Post by blueblood »

Anyone have the breakdown of player representation for the 17's like MBD did for 16's?
zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler »

My favorite, has always been picking kids that aren't even at the weekends, or, a kid playing part of a game the entire weekend, that gets picked, or a kid that breaks the no fighting rule multiple times, but still gets picked, or the kid who misses a session with a made up excuse, who gets picked, or..................

I guess I can't pick a single favorite.

It's no secret that the only "tryout" taking place on these various weekends, is choosing the color of ink picked to write the checks.

<g>
MrBoDangles

Re: MBD

Post by MrBoDangles »

blueblood wrote:All is fine in the land of Tonka:

New rink addition scheduled for mid-Dec 2016 opening
Kraft Hockeyville finalist
2x defending Bantam AA champs
HS baseball team ranked in top 5 for AAAA
Mtka HS just ranked #1 high school in MN
Crappies are biting on Tonka

The rich get richer...$$$$$$$

Like Al Davis used to day "Just win baby...."

:wink:
Blah
Blah
Crappies!?!

Actually very impressive.. Great ball fields. 👍
blueblood

MBD

Post by blueblood »

Love the spring crappie bite on Tonka. Found 'em in 2 to 3 feet of water near a dock complex in the lower lake.

1/32 oz. jig with a small crappie minnow; black or chartreuse were the colors of choice. Caught about 40 and kept a few for dinner.

Now that's how we roll in Tonkaville.
greybeard58

Post by greybeard58 »

For the HP 16/17 this program is run by the HS Coaches. The supposed mission is to identify the best players unfortunately that does not appear to happen. Ironically their own and friends seem to advance. Time to make a change.
GP4Lhockey

Post by GP4Lhockey »

I would also like to know which coaches and scouts called to apologize. Also who did they apologize too? The high school coaches? The parents? The players?
4on5again

Post by 4on5again »

greybeard58 wrote:For the HP 16/17 this program is run by the HS Coaches. The supposed mission is to identify the best players unfortunately that does not appear to happen. Ironically their own and friends seem to advance. Time to make a change.

Just what we need... HS coaches with more power. There is no where to escape it here. What's happened to the state of hockey?
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

GP4Lhockey wrote:I would also like to know which coaches and scouts called to apologize. Also who did they apologize too? The high school coaches? The parents? The players?
USHL/college scouts that were at the games that have been in contact with players. There is communication with players.. They're just as blown away as everybody else is with the numbers and what happened.

I suppose they felt bad about the situation..?

Plenty of high school coaches have said the same thing.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

greybeard58 wrote:For the HP 16/17 this program is run by the HS Coaches. The supposed mission is to identify the best players unfortunately that does not appear to happen. Ironically their own and friends seem to advance. Time to make a change.
I hope you can use your position with Minnesota Hockey to make some changes for the future!