NAHL Showcase

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

observer

NAHL Showcase

Post by observer »

Is there a link to the results from the showcase? Can't seem to find the scores from the 16U and D-League teams that participated on the NAHL site.

And, how'd it go for the Minnesota teams? (Not NAHL teams)
NotMinnesotan

Post by NotMinnesotan »

You can find all of the scores by searching NAPHL and looking through U18 and U16. D league teams were bad. Talent level was mostly kids who played JV hockey last year. Magicians teams were worse. Hard to watch. Blades U18 are just ok. Made up of all low end high school players with some JV. Blades U16 team is elite. Top 10 in the country easy possibly top 5. I haven't watched a lot of the other teams this year so far besides what was there. Only real problem was they didn't play anyone that was even average until team Wisconsin, who looked ok but down from last year and missing their best player to playing up with the big boys. Either way MN Blades U16 was easily one of the best teams at the showcase this weekend. SSM U18 AAA team, which is their second team for U18, looked good as well. They have some talented kids that played for their U16 team last year that won nationals. SSM Prep looked to be lacking their high end again this year, but have a solid young core and will be good again by the end of the year just by solid coaching and surroundings.
NotMinnesotan

Post by NotMinnesotan »

Just a follow up for teams close to Minnesota but not in the state. Team ND U16 was really bad. I really thought that they were going to have a strong team because I know quite a few kids from that state were 2000's. I was wrong there. Team Wisconsin U16 team is just ok. 4-5 players looked very strong, but their d and goalies were weak. Will be interesting to see how they look down the road. TW U18 team is good. Big and strong. Beat up the elite league boys from the North. Omaha U16 is pretty good. Their top end guys carry their team. Didn't see much out of last few lines.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

SSM U16 plays Blades U16 tonight at Mariucci
Shortshift

Post by Shortshift »

"TW U18 team is good. Big and strong. Beat up the elite league boys from the North."

Elite League website has North winning 7-3 over TW.??? Is that considered getting beat up?