Section 3A 2016-2017

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

GoldyGopher wrote:RV and LDC tied at 3 going into the 3rd
Going to be the first upset Goldy? Bigwood 4-3!!
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

GoldyGopher wrote:4-3 RV currently...

How did Marshall only win 1-0??
They must of shut the Boomer Sooner down! 💥
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Whiner33 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:RV and LDC tied at 3 going into the 3rd
Going to be the first upset Goldy? Bigwood 4-3!!
4-4 now
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

LDC / Redwood................Overtime
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

Final:

Redwood Valley 5
LDC 4
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

TRAP GAMES!!!!!

Stemcha and goldy all weekend!

Last edited by notTONIGHT on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

Redwood Valley vs. Marshall on Monday night at 8pm.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Pulled the goalie and it payed big dividends tonight!!!
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

notTONIGHT wrote:TRAP GAMES!!!!!

Stemcha and goldy all weekend!

This is hilarious lol
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Redwood? Nice win!
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Looks like the cards will go with Tuffy in net throughout the playoffs! Should be an interesting Monday night in Gustavus!
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

I'm telling ya. Just need some saves on a Wednesday night in February (March). Only ever had that once.
hawkenjonny

Post by hawkenjonny »

Oh Herb, there might be a little more to it than that the past couple years. Cards had a tough goalie (mentally as well it seemed) when they went to state, but the year after that there were a few notable hammer shots to the face like scoring on your own net, etc. Last year should really never have gone as long as it did. Dumb penalty at the end to give up a pp? Never just one thing. Top line did it's part but it takes more than that. Take it from someone who has watched one of the (maybe the) top lines out there all year and had some headscratcher games. Hoping for a good outcome for both of us! If it isn't Luverne, there may not be a goal scored in the tourney by a 3A team. jmo. Good to see you back in action. Say a prayer for the thawks
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

hawkenjonny wrote:Oh Herb, there might be a little more to it than that the past couple years. Cards had a tough goalie (mentally as well it seemed) when they went to state, but the year after that there were a few notable hammer shots to the face like scoring on your own net, etc. Last year should really never have gone as long as it did. Dumb penalty at the end to give up a pp? Never just one thing. Top line did it's part but it takes more than that. Take it from someone who has watched one of the (maybe the) top lines out there all year and had some headscratcher games. Hoping for a good outcome for both of us! If it isn't Luverne, there may not be a goal scored in the tourney by a 3A team. jmo. Good to see you back in action. Say a prayer for the thawks
You hit this point on. You need two lines that can score and a third that can maintain. The thawks going to prevail on Saturday? Will be a long off season if they don't Jonny!!
Kinda_Normal_Tendy

Post by Kinda_Normal_Tendy »

Whiner33 wrote:
hawkenjonny wrote:Oh Herb, there might be a little more to it than that the past couple years. Cards had a tough goalie (mentally as well it seemed) when they went to state, but the year after that there were a few notable hammer shots to the face like scoring on your own net, etc. Last year should really never have gone as long as it did. Dumb penalty at the end to give up a pp? Never just one thing. Top line did it's part but it takes more than that. Take it from someone who has watched one of the (maybe the) top lines out there all year and had some headscratcher games. Hoping for a good outcome for both of us! If it isn't Luverne, there may not be a goal scored in the tourney by a 3A team. jmo. Good to see you back in action. Say a prayer for the thawks
You hit this point on. You need two lines that can score and a third that can maintain. The thawks going to prevail on Saturday? Will be a long off season if they don't Jonny!!
What makes this section a toss up this year is that nobody has a second line that can score. Pretty much everyone is one line deep this year with a second line that can maintain. Should make for some interesting games.

Also, congrats to redwood! I'm not sure on this, maybe somebody else would know more, but I'm pretty sure that was their first quarterfinal win and that this will be their first semifinal appearance.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Kinda_Normal_Tendy wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
What makes this section a toss up this year is that nobody has a second line that can score. Pretty much everyone is one line deep this year with a second line that can maintain. Should make for some interesting games.

Also, congrats to redwood! I'm not sure on this, maybe somebody else would know more, but I'm pretty sure that was their first quarterfinal win and that this will be their first semifinal appearance.
They may have had a semifinal appearance prior to GAC; but I know they have never played at GAC for a semifinal game.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Sorry Jonny, if the Thawks were playing anyone else is 7AA you'd have my prayers. Just so happens the Elks are the only team I like more than them in 7AA and I have to cheer for Benny in this one. Hope it's a great game either way.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Kinda_Normal_Tendy wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:

First semifinal for RV is correct.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Anybody going to be at the civic center tonight? Are they playing the game in the rink with no stands? I heard that rink presents an enormous advantage for the purple. You guys remember? Same rink Jaxon had 7 in last year!

Go Hutch!
Hockeyislife09

Post by Hockeyislife09 »

notTONIGHT wrote:Anybody going to be at the civic center tonight? Are they playing the game in the rink with no stands? I heard that rink presents an enormous advantage for the purple. You guys remember? Same rink Jaxon had 7 in last year!

Go Hutch!
He didn't score any the year before 😉. But should be a great game tonight at the civic center. I'll give the edge to new Ulm because of their enormous advantage. One of the big keys in this game is which goalie plays better. It's gonna come down to the wire I feel. Who ever wins this game will make for an exciting Super Saturd.... I mean Monday.

Eagles - 3 with an empty netter

Tigers - 1
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Hockeyislife09 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:Anybody going to be at the civic center tonight? Are they playing the game in the rink with no stands? I heard that rink presents an enormous advantage for the purple. You guys remember? Same rink Jaxon had 7 in last year!

Go Hutch!
He didn't score any the year before 😉. But should be a great game tonight at the civic center. I'll give the edge to new Ulm because of their enormous advantage. One of the big keys in this game is which goalie plays better. It's gonna come down to the wire I feel. Who ever wins this game will make for an exciting Super Saturd.... I mean Monday.

Eagles - 3 with an empty netter

Tigers - 1
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Go Hutch!
Goldy will be in attendance for the Gopher game this evening so I'll be missing it. I'm at EP and Prior Lake right. EP is losing 1-0 with 4 mins left to play in the second. Prior Lake is blocking every shot it seems like.
hawkenjonny

Post by hawkenjonny »

Well boys the thanks did it! Not the easy way but they did it. We may not survive a game with East like this one if we give them a 2 goal head start but we gave ourselves a chance. Taking a song out of the cardinals book, if we play like we CAN, we are in. One more boys.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

hawkenjonny wrote:Well boys the thanks did it! Not the easy way but they did it. We may not survive a game with East like this one if we give them a 2 goal head start but we gave ourselves a chance. Taking a song out of the cardinals book, if we play like we CAN, we are in. One more boys.

Congrats Jonny!
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

After one Luverne 3 Windom 0. SOG 24-6 Luverne.