Section 3A 2016-2017

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Corn Cobb wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:Is the smear campaign over or should we keep going?
Let's keep going.
Great, maybe you can start by telling everyone my name is Tony. Since you did such a good job of figuring that state secret out.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

notTONIGHT wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:Is the smear campaign over or should we keep going?
Let's keep going.
Great, maybe you can start by telling everyone my name is Tony. Since you did such a good job of figuring that state secret out.
Hmm. I pegged you for more of an Anton.

Good petition to sign for Hermantown moving up on the forum. Won't likely do anything, but at least they can have names of everyone who thinks they are sandbaggers.
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

GoldyGopher wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote: Let's keep going.

Good petition to sign for Hermantown moving up on the forum. Won't likely do anything, but at least they can have names of everyone who thinks they are sandbaggers.
Think Luverne draws Hermantown or the 2 A winner?

I'm guessing 5A gets h town
Luverne gets 2A
Northfield gets 6A
Egf plays 4A
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

notTONIGHT wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote: Great, maybe you can start by telling everyone my name is Tony. Since you did such a good job of figuring that state secret out.

Think Luverne draws Hermantown or the 2 A winner?

I'm guessing 5A gets h town
Luverne gets 2A
Northfield gets 6A
Egf plays 4A
If Monticello wins tonight they get 2A and Luverne gets Hermantown. Monticello is a better team with much better wins than Luverne. If Chisago Lakes pulls it out tonight they get Hermantown and Luverne gets 2A winner.

Although the top 5 are seeded and the bottom 3 are drawn at "random"...
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

1. Hermantown
2. Delano/Breck
3. EGF (tougher schedule?)
4. SPA (assuming they win their section championship?)
5. SCC (Ginger is angry with his seed, SPA beat SCC)
6. Northfield (Could be flipped with MAML)
7. MAML (Good wins against decent AA teams)
8. Luverne (Lacking decent wins for resume)

That's how I would rank them regardless what happens in 2A tonight. If MAML loses tonight Chisago goes to the bottom. But bottom 3 are drawn at random so it shouldn't matter. 6-8 are going to be the same regardless.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Where it would get interesting is if EGF loses to Warroad. Then who gets the last ranked seed? Assuming MAML wins, is it MAML or Northfield??
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

I can't pound my fist and argue this, however, I think 3a was a better section than 5 A. Luverne was the best team in a better section and won the section tournament.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

notTONIGHT wrote:I can't pound my fist and argue this, however, I think 3a was a better section than 5 A. Luverne was the best team in a better section and won the section tournament.
Idk, 3A wasn't good this year either. It's close but you could be right. only common opponent was Orono. Monticello beat 3-0 and Luverne beat 3-2. Both games were in Orono. I will stick to Monticello being a higher seed than Luverne based on wins against out of section opponents. Like we said though, they are supposedly all drawn at random so we won't know how the MSHSL views them.
the thrill

Post by the thrill »

Wouldn't it be great if SCC received a top 3 seed, and Luverne was "randomly" drawn to play them first round? I know it won't happen even if EGF lost and SPA lost in their respective finals.

Or maybe we see Luverne and SCC on the consolation side...
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

the thrill wrote:Wouldn't it be great if SCC received a top 3 seed, and Luverne was "randomly" drawn to play them first round? I know it won't happen even if EGF lost and SPA lost in their respective finals.

Or maybe we see Luverne and SCC on the consolation side...
Was trying to figure out earlier how they could play first rd. Don't see that happening but I would love to see them play.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Looks like the Cards will be milking chickens on the Hawks!
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

Whiner33 wrote:Looks like the Cards will be milking chickens on the Hawks!
"Random"? Uhhh... OK.

Let's get it ON!

Roll Cards Roll!
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

http://streema.com/radios/KCNN

Luverne game streaming (audio) here if the Luverne broadcast isn't online and you aren't within radio reception.
air force one

Post by air force one »

5-2 EGF Final. Shots 50-20 EGF.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

air force one wrote:5-2 EGF Final. Shots 50-20 EGF.
Can only imagine what they game took out of them yesterday.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Sommers and Ericson to the Granite City Lumberjacks for next season.

http://www.nujournal.com/sports/local-s ... -position/
BP

Post by BP »

GoldyGopher wrote:Sommers and Ericson to the Granite City Lumberjacks for next season.

I'd imagine that Sommers will get drafted in the NAHL draft - this may be a back-up plan.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

BP wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:Sommers and Ericson to the Granite City Lumberjacks for next season.

I'd imagine that Sommers will get drafted in the NAHL draft - this may be a back-up plan.
Would hope so given his talent. Wouldn't be surprised if he had to start in tier 3 tho.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Stremcha out at Redwood seems like blockbuster news. Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned, what happened??

Best season in RWV history and they lose great talent and their coach. Tough turn for a program on the right track.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

So barring player movement, who are the top five for 2017-18?
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

notTONIGHT wrote:Stremcha out at Redwood seems like blockbuster news. Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned, what happened??

Best season in RWV history and they lose great talent and their coach. Tough turn for a program on the right track.
You're drunk!

One time in the semi's in a 100 years isn't a team on the right track! Even a pulled goalie knows better!
formersection3Afan

Post by formersection3Afan »

Whiner33 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:Stremcha out at Redwood seems like blockbuster news. Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned, what happened??

You're drunk!

One time in the semi's in a 100 years isn't a team on the right track! Even a pulled goalie knows better!
Hope your well Whiner, have a great summer.
Stremcha will land in a more competitive section no doubt
#laidthepath
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

Whiner33 wrote:

You're drunk!

He, he. Tony's always drunk. :lol: :lol:
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Whiner33 wrote:

You're drunk!

Totally. Imagine if that crap team would have beaten the "chosen team" in Luverne or something.

Oh wait, he did.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Was commuting an hour to and from games and practice and just couldn't do the commute anymore.