No more Como Park?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

dueling21

No more Como Park?

Post by dueling21 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:12 pm

Just caught this in the Strib...sounds like no Como Park varsity hockey anymore...starting with this winter?

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article ... r_id=32760

Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:25 pm

I've been saying for years that I full expect St. Paul Johnson to co-op with Hill-Murray. It would be the best of both worlds.

greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:30 pm

If it ever came to a coop, Johnson would more likely go with North St. Paul as they already coop with them at the youth level.

inthetwine

Post by inthetwine » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:22 am

Sparlimb wrote:I've been saying for years that I full expect St. Paul Johnson to co-op with Hill-Murray. It would be the best of both worlds.
That would be a huge mistake for Johnson kids, Hill already has more kids try out than make the team, maybe 1 or 2 Johnson kids would make the varsity or junior varsity team, the rest would be out of luck.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:59 am

ttt

Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:14 pm

Maybe then it would be a good co-op op for Lakeville North. :P

hockeydad

Post by hockeydad » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:44 pm

inthetwine wrote:
Sparlimb wrote:I've been saying for years that I full expect St. Paul Johnson to co-op with Hill-Murray. It would be the best of both worlds.
That would be a huge mistake for Johnson kids, Hill already has more kids try out than make the team, maybe 1 or 2 Johnson kids would make the varsity or junior varsity team, the rest would be out of luck.
Would never happen. the parents of the one or two HM kids who would be displaced by Johnson kids would scream bloody murder with all the money they're paying for their kids to attend the school.

BP

Post by BP » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:19 pm

hockeydad wrote:
inthetwine wrote:
Would never happen. the parents of the one or two HM kids who would be displaced by Johnson kids would scream bloody murder with all the money they're paying for their kids to attend the school.

They'll never merge with Hill. Hill has 70-90 kids every year. Plus, privates and publics rarely merge, unless there is a dire reason for both, which they don't have and won't have anytime soon. It would be more likely NSP and Johnson merge, now that CP is dead. Sad day for CP, but kind of on the administration with who they let lead that program the last few years.