Derek Boese

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

WestMetro

Derek Boese

Post by WestMetro »

Karl , can you clarify what this is about?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Louiesg3/sta ... 3532315648
kniven

Re: Derek Boese

Post by kniven »

WestMetro wrote:Karl , can you clarify what this is about?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Louiesg3/sta ... 3532315648
I've never heard of this kid. Was he a transfer last year from where? Very interested in hearing more on this kid. #218 hockey.
Louie22

Post by Louie22 »

He unwittingly repeated ninth grade at East after transferring from Eveleth-Gilbert. MSHSL only gives you six years of athletic eligibility, which starts in seventh grade. Thus, his eligibility expired at end of last school year. Honest mistake.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Louie22 wrote:He unwittingly repeated ninth grade at East after transferring from Eveleth-Gilbert. MSHSL only gives you six years of athletic eligibility, which starts in seventh grade. Thus, his eligibility expired at end of last school year. Honest mistake.
How is that even possible?
The U invented swagger.
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

Hey Rodent. Give the kid a break. School may not come easy for him--I don't want to say anything about Gilbert school vs East. I'm sure the kid is hear broken. This thread should be shut down. MHO. GB
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

GoldenBear wrote:Hey Rodent. Give the kid a break. School may not come easy for him--I don't want to say anything about Gilbert school vs East. I'm sure the kid is hear broken. This thread should be shut down. MHO. GB
I think he was commenting on the "unwittingly" part. I'm not sure how you "unwittingly" repeat a grade. He must have meant he didn't know about the six year rule.
green4

Post by green4 »

Louie22 wrote:Thus, his eligibility expired at end of last school year. Honest mistake.
So he must be a senior this year if his eligibility is officially over? What team was he on last year? JV?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Louie, thanks for info...

Karl, over to you to delete this topic...
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

green4 wrote:
Louie22 wrote:Thus, his eligibility expired at end of last school year. Honest mistake.
So he must be a senior this year if his eligibility is officially over? What team was he on last year? JV?
Yes, he would be a Senior this year. He was on the Varsity Roster at East the last two years. He was listed as a Junior on last year's roster. Played on East's Bantam AA team that won the VFW State Tournament in 2013-2014.

His older brother Jake was a great player for the Hounds, graduated in 2008. He is now one of Randolph's Assistant Coaches so I'm sure it's a bummer for everybody.